Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Royal as fast as Santana?

ZoEd

I was watching the NFL network and while watching highlights of Ramsey's pass to Moss I noticed, even as Santana was pulling away from defenders, Robert Royal was right there in stride with Moss. Is that big guy really that fast? I couldn't believe my eyes. I kept rewinding it and sure enough even after 4 or 5 times there Royal was closing the gap. We've got to get this big guy the ball.

Did anyone else notice this or am I seeing mirages out here in the Nevada desert?

One more thing, anyone notice how Lincoln no neck Kennedy is now on the Redskin bandwagon? He said the Redskins, if the beat Philly, will be the most dangerous team in the playoffs. Talk about flip-flopping.

Royal is fast, but not as fast as Moss, he was taking big strides on that run probably made him cover more ground than Moss and look fast, but when he is sprinting with the ball no, he isnt anywhere near as fast as Moss, and could never be.

As far as the media goes, if we win Chris Carter has to wear the hoggettes stuff. I dont like it because it just strengthens the belief that all Redskins fans are cross dressers when really its like 4 or 5 out of 90,000 come gameday...

But yeah its really sickening how the media guys are jumping all over us now. Oh whoa they beat who? The Cowboys and the Giants? Wait and their making the playoffs? And we predicted them to go 4-12?

What is worse is I saw in SI a Peter King article that I had missed a few weeks ago where he did his mid season playoffs predictions and he had the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles making the playoffs. I just HAD to laugh...not about the Giants part but the other 2 obviously.

It was only two days ago Lincoln was like no way the Redskins beat the Eagles without Mark Brunell. Now without knowing for sure if Brunell is going to start he's calling us the hottest team in the NFC. Talking about the Seachickens being in a weak division and us beating quality teams. DUH!

We've known this for months, where has he been?

It always amazes me how the one week the media is bashing the skins like crazy. Telling us all that they are going to lose and they arent a playoff team. And now all of a sudden you have them saying well theyve been playing good football and they look like a team no one wants to play in the playoffs. honestly though i like it when they bash us, cus it feels that much better when we win.

One more thing, anyone notice how Lincoln no neck Kennedy is now on the Redskin bandwagon? He said the Redskins, if the beat Philly, will be the most dangerous team in the playoffs. Talk about flip-flopping.

I was rolling on the floor watching the NFL Channel!!! He has been the biggest Skins hater all season, "fluke" " their not for real" " gonna have to prove it to me every week" even when Woodson was defending us weeks ago. Cracks me up! :eaglesuck :point2sky

Moss was slowing up on the end of play, or when Royal was starting to close ground. If Royal was that fast wouldn't he have 75 plus catches and 10 plus TD's, since LB's are always covering him. Think about it what would happen if LB's or strong safeties were covering Moss. Same thing happened with Taylor Jacobs when Moss started slowing down in KC.

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

No, don't GIVE Royal the ball; as much as I love how he performed the last couple of games, he has a nack for fumbling the ball. Royal is the kind of player I hate to love.
And drops critical third down passes.

You guys need to give it up. He had one bad game and you still hate the guy. :laugh: I remember Antonio Gates couldn't catch a cold in that game either and do you see any Chargers fans calling for his head?

Do you not remember the critical 3rd down passes he not only caught but got YAC? Do you not remember the TDs he got for us last year?

How soon you forget all the good he's done for the team. Give Royal a break fellas. He's a team player and YES he can catch. We drafted the guy because of the pass catching ability he proved in college. Hate all you want. He's solid. I just wonder how many more big plays the guy has to have before the haters finaly come around. :cheers:

You saw a mirage. Royals ran a lumbering 4.97 forty at this Pro Day workout, and they almost needed an hourglass to time him.

Thats why he is only averaging about 6 yards per reception (too slow), which is unacceptable (besides dropping too many balls). :doh: That said, Royals did have a knack for getting open by finding the soft spots in zone coverages in COLLEGE, but he hasn't displayed that skill in the pros.

In that he is also at best an average blocker after 3 seasons and makes penalties, the Skins definitely need to upgrade the TE position in 2006.

Robert Johnson who has more size and averaged over 10 yards per reception at Auburn, definitely has more promise then Royal, who hasn't improved in 3 seasons. Even this practice squad player Calen Powell who is an academic all-American and a real good althlete has more promise. :D

He's solid. I just wonder how many more big plays the guy has to have before the haters finaly come around. :cheers:

The trouble with Redskin homers and not objective Redskin fans, is that homers all believe that we have 22 All-Pros starting on offense and defense. :doh:

2 points

- the guy makes a good point about Royal. He is a TE for crying out loud. He is clearly not as fast as Moss. However, the mere fact that he was in the shot meant he was fast.

- when we lost 3 in a row we were pitiful. You can expect the national media to jump on our bandwagon when things looked terrible. We won our first 3 games where we could have lost all those 3 games. There was nothing for them to go on. Now in the last 4 games we have established an identity with the line of scrimmage.

I was always critical with the national media before Gibbs came because they treated the Skins like a National Joke. Now since Gibbs has come back they have actually been very supportive in the grand scheme of things.

2 points

- the guy makes a good point about Royal. He is a TE for crying out loud. He is clearly not as fast as Moss. However, the mere fact that he was in the shot meant he was fast.

- when we lost 3 in a row we were pitiful. You cant expect the national media to jump on our bandwagon when things looked terrible. We won our first 3 games where we could have lost all those 3 games. There was nothing for them to go on. Now in the last 4 games we have established an identity with the line of scrimmage.

I was always critical with the national media before Gibbs came because they treated the Skins like a National Joke. Now since Gibbs has come back they have actually been very supportive in the grand scheme of things.

I was just amazed at the fact the guy was even in the picture, trying to get a block in if needed. It's not too often you see a big guy like that run 70+ yds in an attempt to make a play. I remember seeing Lamar Marshall making a similar play on special teams earlier in the season. He was downfield way before anyone else and it impressed me that a linebacker could be out in front of DB's.

I was watching the NFL network and while watching highlights of Ramsey's pass to Moss I noticed, even as Santana was pulling away from defenders, Robert Royal was right there in stride with Moss. Is that big guy really that fast?
apearances can be decieving, if royal was that fast he would show it when he has the ball:laugh: , but i like him anyway

Archived