Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Redzone: NFL rejects Jets, Giants request to keep rivals from using facilities

ArmchairRedskin

As part of their bid for Super Bowl XLVIII, the Jets and Giants proposed the AFC team use the Giants facility and the NFC team use the Jets facility, Gary Myers of the New York Daily News reports. The reasons were clear: The Jets were not thrilled at the prospect of the Patriots descending upon Florham Park and the Giants were not necessarily excited about the Cowboys, Redskins or Eagles checking into their facility for the week in East Rutherford.

The rest at http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/32473/NFL-rejects-Jets--Giants-request-to-keep-rivals-from-using-facilities/Default.aspx

That's pretty funny if you ask me. Man, how sweet it would be for the Redskins to play the first SB hosted in the Giants' new stadium. Sweet Karma.

As part of their bid for Super Bowl XLVIII, the Jets and Giants proposed the AFC team use the Giants facility and the NFC team use the Jets facility, Gary Myers of the New York Daily News reports. The reasons were clear: The Jets were not thrilled at the prospect of the Patriots descending upon Florham Park and the Giants were not necessarily excited about the Cowboys, Redskins or Eagles checking into their facility for the week in East Rutherford.

The rest at http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/32473/NFL-rejects-Jets--Giants-request-to-keep-rivals-from-using-facilities/Default.aspx

That's pretty funny if you ask me. Man, how sweet it would be for the Redskins to play the first SB hosted in the Giants' new stadium. Sweet Karma.

Oh how I would love to see John Mara's face.

"I could've prevented this. I could've prevented all of this!"

Lol.

I remember reading a story probably 10-15 years ago that the host team's facility is always used by the team representing the conference of the host team. That way on the off chance that the host team ends up in the Super Bowl, they'd be in their own facility.

I'd imagine if the Super Bowl ever ended up in MD (It wont), the obvious choice would be for the NFC team to use Redskins Park and the AFC team to use the Ravens facility.

If the Giants end up in the Super Bowl, are the Maras prepared to have to relocate the team to the Jets' training facility for the week?

If the Giants end up in the Super Bowl, are the Maras prepared to have to relocate the team to the Jets' training facility for the week?

Another stupid idea by Mara that he didn't think all the way through.

Archived