Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Ticket Prices - Will they be Raised

newticketholder

I was almost positive with the Success in 2012, RG3's arrival and the field Condition. The redskins have reasons to raise ticket prices. It's been a few years since the prices have been raised. But now, With the injury and the uncertainty of RG3 going into 2013. Will they raise Ticket Prices? Chime in.

IMO prices have a 50/50 chance of staying the same for 2013. I base that on what I believe is the true market demand.

Here's an interesting piece about Jets STHs. I know we don't have PSLs here, and Jets tix are twice as much as the Redskins on average, but I find this article relevant to the topic of ST prices.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/jet_fans_agony_of_da_seat_WYQbF841gstG9ElHn4hfZN

I think demand is there to raise prices on some seats, but not others.

Lower Level Sideline can probably be raised. I don't think demand is there, though, to raise upper level prices. It's definitely not there to raise Club prices.

I think demand is there to raise prices on some seats, but not others.

Lower Level Sideline can probably be raised. I don't think demand is there, though, to raise upper level prices. It's definitely not there to raise Club prices.

The club prices were just raised this past year. I have a feeling GA will be this upcoming year. It's been a while from the last price change

I believe my season tickets (GA) were last raised in 2006. So it's been about 6 years. Long time with no price increase. Would not be surprised if they go up. I am hoping the Redskins and the rest of the NFL realize they are close to the max on ticket prices. Skins still seem to be having trouble selling out the upperdeck. We should find out in a month or so, just after the super bowl.

The club prices were just raised this past year.

Premium seating prices increase according to the terms of an individual STH's contract. Not all contracts have annual price escalations. Some of our ES members have negotiated zero price increases for the life of their contracts.

I say 50/50 also. They ripped 10k seats out and I'm still not sure the stadium was sold out. I even got the "Vister Player Return" e-mail for the playoff game. I would hope they wouldn't raise prices again until the demand is greater than supply.

They should have an incentive for being STH, where it is an overall value to buy season tickets. Right now, craigslist, stubhub, etc. is cheaper especially considering the pre-season "tax".

I would fully expect them to raise, in turn secondary market for the tickets will be higher.

I disagree bc the secondary market represents what the public is willing to pay per game, more so than STHs committing to an entire season.

Secondary market prices around the league have been in a level to decline mode for the past 5 years.

I disagree bc the secondary market represents what the public is willing to pay per game, more so than STHs committing to an entire season.

Secondary market prices around the league have been in a level to decline mode for the past 5 years.

I think this varies by team.

Not, if they are winning...secondary prices are higher. See Balitmore/dallas prices this year. It was extremely hard to find any tickets close to face value, unless you bought day of. I do agree with you, though during the previous losing years prices were lower and probably around the league prices are lower on average.

Last year the announcement that ticket prices would NOT increase for the 2012 sesaon was made on January 13, so we might not that far off from finding out. I agree with Mark that they probably will increase, but can see other's points that to degree to which they rise might depend on where the seat is. A lower level seat price of $150 per game would not shock me.

Premium seating prices increase according to the terms of an individual STH's contract. Not all contracts have annual price escalations. Some of our ES members have negotiated zero price increases for the life of their contracts.

True, u can negotiate your own price and escalation numbers. But base prices last year (without negotiation) started at $2500 for Zone D. This year it went up to $3500 with one year contracts. At the end of this year I was told they no longer offer year to year contracts. I guess it comes down to how well/poorly the club seats are selling.

True, u can negotiate your own price and escalation numbers. But base prices last year (without negotiation) started at $2500 for Zone D. This year it went up to $3500 with one year contracts. At the end of this year I was told they no longer offer year to year contracts. I guess it comes down to how well/poorly the club seats are selling.

It's all a game w/ the TO's prices for premium seating. Zone A clubs were advertised at just under 5k per seat (3 yr min) back in the mid 2000s. By the late 2000s we were reading stories of people geting Zone As for under $2500 per seat. I've never read of people getting one year contracts for premium seats, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of such. The base prices for premium seating are like the sticker price for a car. Most people end up paying less than the advertised rate.

Forbes listed The Redskins as the 5th most valuable sports franchise in 2012 with an estimated value of 1.5 billion dollars. I wonder what percentage of the Redskins yearly profits are derived from ticket sales vs merchandizing and other avenues of income. My thoughts are the Redskins organization is not going to impose a price increase on season ticket holders because it will not make a substantial difference in their profit margin considering the size of their worth.

Forbes listed The Redskins as the 5th most valuable sports franchise in 2012 with an estimated value of 1.5 billion dollars. I wonder what percentage of the Redskins yearly profits are derived from ticket sales vs merchandizing and other avenues of income. My thoughts are the Redskins organization is not going to impose a price increase on season ticket holders because it will not make a substantial difference in their profit margin considering the size of their worth.

Ounces make pounds. It wouldn't shock me either way, but there has been a lot of damage control and politicing/statement releasing when it comes to this injury... enough to make me pay attention to my invoice when it comes in.

I just hope there is something cool that will happen over the summer because I'll probably have to move out of the area for a few years again for work and I'd like to go to the Stadium and enjoy myself one last time... my brother and sister will split the tickets next year but I have to pay up front to ensure that I keep them.

In this economy, I can see the day coming when many fans will be forced to give up their passion of tailgating and living for game-day. With the players being way over-paid to play a game, the average fan already can not afford this type of entertainment. This is not going to get better, but worse. Don't be surprised when the day dawns and this becomes a major crisis for some teams, and then the entire NFL. And this will force the NFL to return to the old days, when players were paid modest incomes, and, that's if they want this business to survive. Then we will really see which players play for the love of the game.

FWIW, the tax on the club seats went up for next year. I was talking to my rep and the total tax for two tickets is $263.40. The PG Amusement tax for club tixs is not based of the negotiated contract price. It is 10 percent of the maximum general admission ticket price.

So by my math, lower level general admission will cost at least 131.70 per seat

FWIW, the tax on the club seats went up for next year. I was talking to my rep and the total tax for two tickets is $263.40. The PG Amusement tax for club tixs is not based of the negotiated contract price. It is 10 percent of the maximum general admission ticket price.

So by my math, lower level general admission will cost at least 131.70 per seat

I think your calculations and info are a bit off.

Are you talking $263.40 tax for two club tickets for next year or this year? Because the tax on clubs has been $131.70 per seat for quite a few years now.

Also, just because your tax doesn't increase in 2013 doesn't mean your invoice won't increase, because they can hike the luxury portion of your invoice if they wanted, without increasing the other portion that is taxable. For example some premium seat holders have invoices that increase a certain percentage every year automatically, but their tax doesn't increase.

Of course, the tax on LL has been $99 for quite a few years now.

So I don't follow your logic.

---------- Post added January-10th-2013 at 07:17 PM ----------

Just to be clear on the tax...

The PG County tax is based on the perceived value or cost of a ticket to sit in a specific seat. And the tax is ten percent of that perceived value.

But much of the cost of sitting in a premium seat is based on the luxury value. Hence, a $5,000 premium seat ($500 per game) is not taxed at 10% of $5,000 because the luxury portion of the ticket is not subject to the tax.

So what is the perceived value of a premium ticket, excluding the luxury?

Since the tax is 10%, and there are ten games, the tax for one season is the same as the "face value" of a ticket. So, for example, a LL ticket is taxed $99 per season, which is the same as the face value for one game.

Therefore, we can use that formula to calculate what the team perceives as the non-luxury value of a premium seat simply enough.

$131.70 per season in tax means the premium seat's value excluding luxury (i.e. face value of ticket for sitting in the seat without the fluff), is $131.70 per game.

In other words, if they closed down the club and turned the bowl into good old fashioned general admission seating, each ticket located in what is now a premium seat would have "$131.70 (+ tax)" printed on it, just as a 100 level ticket will have "$99 (+ tax)" printed on it.

I believe my season tickets (GA) were last raised in 2006. So it's been about 6 years. Long time with no price increase. Would not be surprised if they go up. I am hoping the Redskins and the rest of the NFL realize they are close to the max on ticket prices. Skins still seem to be having trouble selling out the upperdeck. We should find out in a month or so, just after the super bowl.

I believe it was 2005, my 2nd yr as a ticket holder.

Archived