Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pepper Spray and Taser's turn into guns vs. Phaser's.

Thiebear

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I had this in another thread but i wanted to bring this out and talk about it all on its own:

Reducing the amount of guns and then making them obsolete...ish.

Phase1:

Schools: Pepper spray and Tasers don't really cost that much and don't take the same amount of time to learn. It is non-lethal and if used improperly will not cause enough harm to worry about compared to a snub nose 38.

Homes: Start with an Ad campaign about turning in your guns for fair market value, In addition we will give you a Tasef/Pepperspray and classes on how to use them if you want.

Point out how defending yourself in your homes with a Gun has the same chances of you going to jail as the intruder.

Point out how defending yourself in your home with a Taser/Pspray is going to be 'allowed' even in the incidental death cases.

This also makes the Taser and PSpray companies more profitable allowing better research and development.

Put out that you can carry a Taser with you in public without fear of arrest.

Start the campaign and fix 35+% of this on the cheap.

Phase 2: Phaser's

The best thing about our NASA is the things that come out of it. Lets put more money into Science and create our Stun phasers.

That'll fix your guns in schools and eliminate another 35% of the guns at homes.

That and I want a Phaser.

I would hopefully like to discuss the 90% of what is going to happen and not the 1% possibility.

While the Taser has been proven to be more Instant in disarming and or 'stunning' most individuals. It is also the iffy on delivery and if you don't have a dual shot/and upclose version you might be in trouble.

The pepper spray i keep and give to the mother in law etc. is a sure bet at 35' 'with everyone vacating the house, but you might be able to go another 20+ seconds before being overwhelmed by the snots...

I guess its another of my rants on "IF the Gov't would buy it and implement and propaganda it thus pushing it forward a decade faster than normal" They could win without being restrictive looking.

I don't own a gun yet, (my dad is paranoid about me being single and alone in my home, so he's getting me one after the new year - and don't worry, signing me up for all the safety and shooting courses too...and no, I won't be making a drunk thread about the gun either :) ), but once I do own a gun, no, I would not turn it in for a taser and pepper spray...I already have pepper spray (and a bat).

No one I know, including dad, brother, uncles, grandparents and basically any male in my life who owns a gun or guns (which is quite a few since my part of California is known for its "redneck-ness" and avid hunting sports) would ever turn in their guns. None of them (except one uncle) have semi-automatic weapons that I know of, either. I'd say most of the time their guns are used for hunting or shooting dangerous wildlife on their properties. I know my dad's guns are locked in a safe and wouldn't be accessible quickly enough to use in a home invasion, but he has used it to shoot rattlers, cougars, and a deer I hit in high school, lol.

Anyway, bottom line, I don't see this plan going over well with gun owners...

Panel,

That's the whole 3% post.

I did mention the same flaws in pepper spray and taser in the opening post.

Though there are a few flaws in guns:

The round kills someone unintentional through a wall/missed/kids are playing with them, cleaning the gun, thought the family member was an intruder, missfire, left one in the chamber.

or even the round kills someone intentionally and you still go to jail based on local laws. Or even worse, you shoot someone and they don't die, and then sue you for shooting them while they robbed you.

TWA:

The Phaser's have to have goofy noises like the electric car needs it, its to keep us from mowing people down all over the place without anyone hearing it.

pepper spray ain't bad. don't hurt.

1. Formula

There are three different formulas of pepper spray available on the market today.

- CS or orthochlorobenzalmalonitrile

- OC or Oleoresin Capsicum

- CN or alphachloroacetaphenone

OC is most likely the most common and definitely one of the most effective formulas. OC is an inflammatory agent and comes from a variety of different peppers. An Inflammatory agent has some very powerful effects when anyone is sprayed by it. Probably the most useful effect for self defense purposes is that the eyes will clamp shut very tight which will make it nearly impossible to see or even open your eyes. When picking pepper spray I highly suggest an OC spray because it is so effective. The OC will also cause temporary blindness by dilating the capillaries of the eyes. The blindness is just temporary and will usually fade away in about an hour for most sprays used. OC will also inflame the lung tissue which will cause extreme coughing and limited breathing ability. Keep in mind that necessary Life supporting breathing will continue, it will just be much more difficult to breath.

http://www.my-self-defense.com/picking-pepper-spray.html

What is the difference between pepper spray and tear gas?

The reaction to pepper spray is involuntary (not dependent on pain response), so pepper spray is effective on those who feel no pain, such as psychotics, drunks and drug abusers. Pepper spray also works to control wild animals. Tear gas is not effective in these situations.

The amount of capsaicin in OC is rated in Scoville Heat Units (SHU). To compare the hotness of two different pepper sprays, SHU rating is more important. The more capsaicin content the OC has, the hotter & more effective the spray will be. Two million SHU will be sufficient.

Read your local State for Legal ramifications: But that is the POINT of this in allowing more usage vs. weapons.

This is what i have in the house: its like a Small fire extinguisher: I showed the Brother in Law outside against the 6' privacy fence.

It traveled to the door, went in the house and had the neice trapped in the laundry room... we were standing over the A/C unit letting it clear the eyes.

It works:

Wildfire 18% 9oz Pepper Spray, Pistol Grip Handle

It says 30, one second shots but i take longer shots in demo.

41W6snCrIWL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Hardly. It shocks you for a second, thats all

Could you post a video of you taking it for a 'second' please... thanks. Stop putting it on your cornflakes before posting in the workout thread II and it lasts longer.

http://www.sdsafetystore.com/apps/blog/show/13768220-wildfire-18-oc-pepper-spray-video

[/url

the anti spray guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6vPJ6f_M_A

So it looks like until there is something to replace the power of a Gun, there will be no changes made in society based on my small non-scientific poll.

Or to put some teeth in it: Unless you can kill someone back you believe could kill you, your not interested?

So it looks like until there is something to replace the power of a Gun, there will be no changes made in society based on my small non-scientific poll.

Or to put some teeth in it: Unless you can kill someone back you believe could kill you, your not interested?

I think you have a good point for home defense, and there is a market for these kinds of non-lethal methods. From briefly looking at some U.S. firearm statistics it looks like the most likely person to get killed by a gun in your house is you or a member of your family through suicide. I imagine accidental shootings and within family homicides are up there, too. I know people like to argue that homicides would occur through other methods, but I would much rather have someone come at me with a knife, I can pick up something near me to counter that threat. So in summary, for pure home defense the sprays etc. are probably more effective/ safer IMO.

As far as preventing another Newtown massacre, I doubt it. Guns will never be banned in the U.S., hunting / sport shooting is an ingrained part of our culture. Maybe we can reduce the number of assault weapons and high capacity clips, but from the descriptions of Lanza's mother she sounds like the type of person who was going to hoard guns and ammo regardless of less lethal options. And Lanza's mental problems are a separate issue.

• 4 weeks later...

TWA: I agree due to the increase in sales, it will spur research and development into better non-lethal technology.

I was just hoping we could spur that technology here and take the lead as in leadership vs. your definition of Lead the chemical element/bullet. you monster.

Archived