Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Delish.com: Elusive McRib Returns to McDonald's this November

ChampSkinsFanatic

http://www.delish.com/food/recalls-reviews/mcrib-returns-mcdonalds-november-2?GT1=47001

Elusive McRib Returns to McDonald's this November

By Sara Schwartz

500px-McRib.jpgSave the date, true-blue McRib fans: For the first time in almost 17 years, this unique McDonald's dish will be available at every location in the country for six saucy weeks starting November 2.

No matter that its 1981 debut as a permanent McDonald's menu item failed due to mediocre sales. This boneless, rib-shaped pork patty has been haunting its small, but fiercely loyal (and communicative) fan base with elusive special appearances.

To facilitate the hunt, lovers of this pickle-and-onion-topped barbecue sandwich have banded together on web sites like McRib Locator and twitter feeds like McRibWatch in search of a blip on the McRib radar.

According to the interactive user-generated map on McRib Locator, a McRib sighting was reported by one Mayor McCheese on October 19 at 12:17pm in Hudson, NH. Even government officials are getting in on the fun!

For every limited-time offer, an obsession is born. We can't help ourselves — humans have always prized rare things. And the barbecue-style fast-food item known as the McDonald's McRib is no exception.

As buzz about the November 2 comeback tour grows, we can't help but think about the three to five "farewell tours" that McDonald's launched from 2005 to the present. Will this truly be the last time we can indulge in the slightly mysterious sweet-and-sticky sandwich? Only the McD oracles know ... and they're not giving up the info.

I no longer eat McDonalds or pork but I used to love the McRib

I think there was already a thread on this.
\

Yep http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?180176

That monstrosity has got to be the most disgusting menu item ever forced on the public!

NASTY!!!

Damn thing had me on the toilet minutes after I swallowed the last tasty morsel.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?180176-The-McRib-Is-Back!&p=7882325&viewfull=1#post7882325

Well I know what I'm eating for dinner on November 2nd.

That monstrosity has got to be the most disgusting menu item ever forced on the public!

NASTY!!!

Lemme guess, you're one of these food elitists that won't eat ribs unless they're made of real meat that comes from an actual animal?

Fine, more processed stamped rib food product for us.

:pfft:;)

When I would visit my girlfriend in college at U Del, the McD's nearby had the McRib JR on the dollar menu!

Yea, it's mystery meat. Yea, it's mega processed... even for McD's.

But it's tasty. I also like Subway's chicken breast. We all know that's a hot mess of chicken like bits.

The pickles on it are great. Unless, of course, you just don't like them. I usually get it without onions though. Not good when you're dealin with the ladies, ya know. :)
I just don't like 'em. Just give me the bred and rib :drool:

Chalk this up there with the Double Down, as fast food concoctions that I have a morbid curiosity for, but absolutely refuse to try unless I'm on my death bed.

You do realize the Double Down is one of the better, as in less unhealthy, indulgent fast food sandwiches out there right?

I am by no means a food snob. I'm a "seefood" diet kind of a guy. Doesn't mean I don't enjoy some very nice food as well,(living in this town allows for that),however. Of course "good" food is like a lot of other things. Very subjective. All that said,I am not a fan of the McRib. Tried it a couple of times bunch of years ago and that was the last time. In other words,bleah.

Archived