Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Tiger Woods washed up?

blue collar

I think he is. He can't put together a string of good rounds anymore. That, with the emergence of good players, I think Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 majors is VERY safe. I thought he was done befor The Barclays, but now, I'm totally convinced that Tiger's days as the best golfer are over.

With all respect, this is an absolutely crazy notion. His divorce/custody situation was just settled this week. If you've never been through it, you can't possibly understand how brutal it is.

He'll straighten his life out, and when he does, the golf game will absolutely follow. I'd put a large sum of money on that....y'know, if I wasn't divorced myself and actually HAD a large sum of money. :ols:

It's human nature to extrapolate short-term trends into long-term assumptions.

But I bet Tiger, having just dispensed with by far the biggest distraction of his entire professional life, has a lot of top-shelf golf left in him. He'll be back within a year or two, and it will be a ridiculously-too-big sports media story.

I like Tiger as a golfer.

He will get it back because of the person he is.

I liked the kid as an amateur.

Some of his personal decisions...that's a different topic.

Agree completely, Kosh.

Y'know, I used to care about my favorite athletes' personal lives. Dexter Manley really ticked me off with the drugs, and the reading debacle. Other guys have had their own addictions, arrests, or just bad judgement calls.

I've gotten to a point in my sports-fan life where I could give a **** what kind of person most athletes are. I just enjoy what they do on the field. Otherwise, I'd probably have to quit watchings sports all together.

Agree completely, Kosh.

Y'know, I used to care about my favorite athletes' personal lives. Dexter Manley really ticked me off with the drugs, and the reading debacle. Other guys have had their own addictions, arrests, or just bad judgement calls.

I've gotten to a point in my sports-fan life where I could give a **** what kid of person most athletes are. I just enjoy what they do on the field. Otherwise, I'd probably have to quit watchings sports all together.

I've felt that way for a long time. Personally, I hate the garbage rationalization that they're role models and should be held to a higher standard. If athletes doing stupid **** overcomes your parenting and causes your children to do said stupid **** something tells me the mirror or the child is a better place to look for answers and point fingers than the athlete, call me crazy.

Edit: On subject I agree that in due time Tiger will probably make his way back to the top. He's certainly too young (in that "sport") to be washed up physically and he's had a lot going on the last year or so, obviously, so I think we can expect a return to form or near form in the next couple years. You don't just lose the natural talent for the game that he's always had because of something like this.

He is a natural at the sport, and a competitor.

Stupid...yeah, we all are at times. I can't hate him for that. Live and let live.

Dexter pissed me off too. I didn't hate him for it, but it annoyed me for sure.

I guess we are just getting old at this point buddy. The guys that irritate us are the attention whores that take the field, and the guys we love just get it done, like the old days.

I guess I should break out my boots for the storm.

Pretty rash judgment I'd say.

Now that his divorce is finalized, he an actually put 100% of his focus back into golf. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes some time off to get everything in order before coming back.

I think that would be a very wise move. Obviously, the divorce cost him a pretty penny, but he can still easily afford to step away, and ease back into it when he's danged good and ready.

Course, being as driven as he is, immersing himself in his "work" might be the better option. We'll see how it plays out.

I've felt that way for a long time. Personally, I hate the garbage rationalization that they're role models and should be held to a higher standard. If athletes doing stupid **** overcomes your parenting and causes your children to do said stupid **** something tells me the mirror or the child is a better place to look for answers and point fingers than the athlete, call me crazy.

This member of the choir says, "amen."

I guess we are just getting old at this point buddy. The guys that irritate us are the attention whores that take the field, and the guys we love just get it done, like the old days.

I guess so. To me, with all the end zone celebrations going on these days (not that there's anything wrong with a little flair or whatever), handing the ball to the official and walking to the sideline looks utterly badass when a guy does it.

Lemme guess. You love London Fletcher too?

I guess so. To me, with all the end zone celebrations going on these days (not that there's anything wrong with a little flair or whatever), handing the ball to the official and walking to the sideline looks utterly badass when a guy does it.

Lemme guess. You love London Fletcher too?

Definitely agree. At the very least, if you're going to act a fool about making a play let it be after a BIG play, no preening over a tackle after a 13 yard gain on 3rd and 8 *cough*I'm looking at you Laron*cough*

Now see that last statement is just ignint. Who the **** could possibly not like Fletcher? :pfft:

Now see that last statement is just ignint. Who the **** could possibly not like Fletcher? :pfft:

Point taken. :ols:

But I know a few people who have Haynesworth AND Landry jerseys, but not Fletch. Jus' sayin.

(Love the spelling of "ignint." You must've spent some time out here in Western MD. :pfft:

I still believes he's done. Yeah, he'll show brilliance here or there, but it seems as though he can't put together a good weekend.

As others said, the divorce JUST happened. I mean, give it at least a few months before you decide he can't put together a good weekend. He had at least one good day this weekend, it'll come. It's not like his skills are gone.

Point taken. :ols:

But I know a few people who have Haynesworth AND Landry jerseys, but not Fletch. Jus' sayin.

(Love the spelling of "ignint." You must've spent some time out here in Western MD. :pfft:

You know, that makes me think now that you mention it. The only jerseys in my closet right now are Sean Taylor jerserys, Fletch would be an excellent choice to start the season this year.

Not really sure where I got the pronunciation from but I just spelled it the way I imagined it sounding in my head when someone was trying to be funny and that's what came out. :ols:

With all respect, this is an absolutely crazy notion. His divorce/custody situation was just settled this week. If you've never been through it, you can't possibly understand how brutal it is.

He'll straighten his life out, and when he does, the golf game will absolutely follow. I'd put a large sum of money on that....y'know, if I wasn't divorced myself and actually HAD a large sum of money. :ols:

pretty much sums up my thoughts on the issue

So he's played ~40 rounds of golf this year competitively, and has had about 8 good rounds (I'm counting his masters as 4 good rounds)... After having major knee surgery in '08, the whole debacle in last year...

Give him some time....

Archived