Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's not that Campbell doesnt leave much to be desired...

buenosdiaz

its that trading him for cutler is idiotic and against everything the franchise has stood for...

I sometimes wonder how many of you have actually played team sports with the way you throw away campbell's attitude for a J. Cutler that's attitude is a shadow of that of Jason Campbell (and nothing has shown that his football skill set would be that much of an improvement)

Cutler has natural talent nobody is denying that...but you dont make champions out of natural talent...you make it with hardwork, dedication to excellence, and a commitment to your team

It's understanding that you are a part of the team and not thinking that a team needs you to succeed.

With all the trashing that many of us make on other teams and how their FO operates to win at any cost we sure are throwing Jason Campbell under the bus for a kid thats looked like a complete selfish ass the last couple of weeks...

Winning is important but you dont win with players like that...Cutler's attitude will continue to get in the way of his skill set and only he is going to change that

I'm not entirely convinced Campbell is the answer either but i know he's not a loser and he has what it takes to be a winner

If we were going to trade Campbell away shouldnt it be for somebody that fits the character of our team and doesnt have the me-first attitude that many of us hate

why cuz you dont agree? lol its the truth and no its not gonna get lost in the other threads because i think its a salient point about what it takes to build a winning team

not wanting to trade campbell has more to do with the idea of cutler as our qb than campbell's football skills imo

What does this franchise stand for?

character bro...its why we have such a kick ass team and most of our players are so well liked

we've dont a good job at staying away from the TO's etc of the world that make a lot of noise on espn and all that

you guys can flame all you want but as a person thats played sports his entire life and even coached a team and done damn well at that Cutler is not the type of person you win with

i wonder how many of you have done well enough in sports to understand that or you just want cutler cuz of what you've seen on highlight reels

you guys can flame all you want but as a person thats played sports his entire life and even coached a team and done damn well at that Cutler is not the type of person you win with

i wonder how many of you have done well enough in sports to understand that or you just want cutler cuz of what you've seen on highlight reels

couldn't agree with you more

Gibbs understood what the franchise stands for. :)

Quote from Washington Post article at the time Jason was drafted.

"Gibbs said he prizes character, smarts and toughness above arm strength and accuracy when analyzing quarterbacks, and believes that while raw, Campbell has all of those traits."

Selling season tickets, jerseys, and $8 beers? :whoknows:

nah, Snyder goes by the theory that no publicity is bad publicity. I bet he's laughing at Jerry Jones right now. Jones isn't getting publicity because he got rid of T.O. Now Snyder's getting all the publicity cause he might be interested in Campbell.

You don't KNOW Cutler. This is what's funny.

You don't really KNOW Campbell either.

hey, you ever hear about the behavior of Michael Jordan? He punched Steve Kerr in the mouth. Kevin Garnett broke a dude's nose in practice.

Scottie Pippen refused to go into an end of game situation. he's one of the top 2 greatest perimeter defenders of all time and was the only reason the Blazers really competed against the lakers in those years he was with that team.

You don't really know sports because you'd know about guys that had flaws (or were driven by competitive desire.)

Ever hear of Joey Theismann? You think he is the same level of character of campbell?

barry wilburn? Dexter Manley(nice guy but a cokehead)?

Cutler is probably a better overall person than several people lacing up cleats for the Skins NOW, but who knows?

In the end, so long as he's not a murderer or rapist--who cares?

You don't KNOW Cutler. This is what's funny.

You don't really KNOW Campbell either.

hey, you ever hear about the behavior of Michael Jordan? He punched Steve Kerr in the mouth. Kevin Garnett broke a dude's nose in practice.

Scottie Pippen refused to go into an end of game situation. he's one of the top 2 greatest perimeter defenders of all time and was the only reason the Blazers really competed against the lakers in those years he was with that team.

You don't really know sports because you'd know about guys that had flaws (or were driven by competitive desire.)

Ever hear of Joey Theismann? You think he is the same level of character of campbell?

barry wilburn? Dexter Manley(nice guy but a cokehead)?

Cutler is probably a better overall person than several people lacing up cleats for the Skins NOW, but who knows?

In the end, so long as he's not a murderer or rapist--who cares?

i know enough of how they present theirselves to the public that jason campbell is much more mature than jay cutler and has many more leadership qualities that are important to a qb

we're all adults and we all get confrontational especially in competitive sports

but much can be said about the way a person presents his/her self to the media

This couldn't have gone in one of the 15 other J.C. threads on the first page?

no ...its a point that is not made enough or glossed over.

Cuter is better then JC, but he is not worth trading for and giving up a draft pick for in addition to getting rid of JC.

Cuter's character or lack thereof is also not brought up enough.

All the people that want cutler are like my little idiot newphew that wanted a muscle car. He was obessesd with this but he didn't take into account the gas mileage, maintenance costs, and problme with finding parts that came wtih the car, that by no stretch of the imagination was sweet as hell. When the crap hit the fan, boy did it hit the fan.

A year later he's driving a solid as hell Honda and he couldn't be happier.

don't know where I was going with that...:D

point is cutler just aint worth what we are willing to give up and give. simple.

so lets just come in here and make an applause or comment on how this should have gone somewhere

or...we could talk about the subject matter that is team building and pros'/con's of the two qb's from a POV that doesnt seem to get much attention

or if not we could ***** and moan about it and in turn later on ***** and moan about the degeneration of stadium discussion

that just went 8-8. We don't have enough talent on this team to win a Super Bowl. Campbell has some talent, but not enough.

did you seriously think we'd be better than 8-8 at the beginning of the season?

there are very few teams that are perrenial superbowl contendors and it didnt happen overnight

Archived