Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how much pot to test poitive on a drug test?

wysknz1

Here's my story.

I go to a used book and record/CD store once a month with some other people and we bring different music to listen to and discuss.:dj: Well, every once in a while an impromptu meeting is set up at someone's house to do the same.:D

Well last week we were listening to some good tunes with the liquid refreshments of choice,:beerglass when one guy procedes to, yes, break out the marijuana.:yikes: Nothing major, a small pipe and all but 2 of us took about two-three hits each. Just enough to get a buzz going. Well, where I work they do random testing so of course I had to let it pass. :mad:

So, here's my question. Everyone has heard of the "contact high". I never used to experience such a thing as I was always a partaker and never an observer, I don't even know if it's possible or not. How much THC does it take foating through the air to come up positive on a drug test? I'm sure the small amount that night wasn't enough to worry about, but then how sensitive are these things anyway? Or say one was to take 1 or two hits, would that be enough to send up the red flags? How do these even work? :whoknows:

Any experts out there that can lay a little info on the subject?:anon:

I did a search and didn't come up with anything on this subject

I haven't been tested for over a year. But the possibility always exists. Scare tactic, but one to think about if you want to keep your job. I've heard the water thing doesn't work. My basic question is about the contact part of it. How sesitive are these tests and all.

I don't smoke "it" or anything else..

yeah if you dont smoke a lot just drink a lot of water and work out a lot and it wont show up...i think

edit: does it come up in your system if you dont inhale at yourself?

That's what I'm wondering. I would like to keep hanging out but not at the expense of my job.

how fat are you?

how often do you smoke?

how much water do you drink?

I'm 5" 10" and 165, so I'm not really fat and I drink when I'm thirsty, not excessively.

I'm not looking for a loop hole, I just don't want to have to worry about running out of the building when someone lights up.

I am by far an expert, but I have been randomly drug tested, via the swab, twice in the past year.

I don't partake anymore but most of my friends still do.

We hang out on a pretty regular basis and there is usually quite a bit of smoke in the air.

I came up clean in both cases. :anon:

I'm 5" 10" and 165, so I'm not really fat and I drink when I'm thirsty, not excessively.

I'm not looking for a loop hole, I just don't want to have to worry about running out of the building when someone lights up.

THC sticks to fat cells more then someone who is in better shape. also drinking water more will help to flush it out of your system.

i know you arent looking for a loophole bud, I was just wondering because of that. Good luck!!

I am by far an expert, but I have been randomly drug tested, via the swab, twice in the past year.

I don't partake anymore but most of my friends still do.

We hang out on a pretty regular basis and there is usually quite a bit of smoke in the air.

I came up clean in both cases. :anon:

Yeah, this is more along what I'm looking for. We do the piddleinnabottle. It's like a 7 or 9 panel test too.

Like I said, I don't think what I was around was enough, but I'm just curious what enough would be.

Just get a detox from your local headshop. Carry it to work everyday.

Whenever you do get randomed, you'll be clean as long as you take the detox properly.

Were I work they do randoms as well, but they only do them in sections. Like I started working in October, and got tested to get the job, and then like 2 weeks after I started working, got tested again. Since then, they haven't been testing at all. You just gotta be in close with your employees b/c they will let you know when they are in that "phase" of testing so you can be sure not to smoke during that time.

You didn't smoke, but your worried?

Bro, you are fine. I am positive you would be negative on a urine screen.

Like BM said, THC stores in fatty tissue and builds up. I know people who can smoke like cheech and pass a test in a few days because they are skinny and fit. I had a fat friend who was testing positve after two months of not smoking because of the build up in his fatty tissue. His PO ****ed him for testing postive too.

You didn't smoke, but your worried?

Yeah, I don't want to sound like a geek, but with all the advancements in science, medicine, etc. It was something I never worried or even thought about for years. Then this happened and it got me thinking is all.

So I figgured someone might have somrething that would ease my mind a little. And so far it has.

Like I remember poppy seed buns and I even heard seseme seeds would make a screen come up positive.

I'm not sure how true it is, but years ago, my Army recruiter told me that you can sit in a VW Bug with everyone else smoking up a storm and it wouldn't be enough to test positive.

From what you described wysknz1, I'd be willing to bet that you're safe.

If you don't smoke than you could even take a few hits and you would be clean two days later if not sooner. THC builds up in your body over time so a frequent user must detox for many weeks before he can pass but an infrequent user will be clean after a day or two. I have NEVER heard of anyone testing positive from a contact high, that is just an excuse people come up with when they fail a drug test, the tests allow for THC to be in your system as long as it is below the threshold.

1. Papain - enzyme from papaya. Buy a bottle of chewable tablets the day of your test and finish it.

2. Drink plenty of water certainly and you might opt to take a b-complex vitamin to give your urine some color.

3. When you urinate - go first in the bowl, pinch and use the middle of the stream for your sample, finish in the bowl.

4. Trust Chump :D

You're good. No need to worry. You're not going to fail a piss test b/c of contact smoke.

Besides, it is very unlikely your company will do any broad random testing right now. It can be very expensive depending on size of the company.

You're good. No need to worry. You're not going to fail a piss test b/c of contact smoke.

Besides, it is very unlikely your company will do any broad random testing right now. It can be very expensive depending on size of the company.

They take about a dozen or so at the beginning of every month. Believe me, they have the $$$. I will leave them nameless. But they are I believe the LARGEST company in the world so money is no problem.

They take about a dozen or so at the beginning of every month. Believe me, they have the $$$. I will leave them nameless. But they are I believe the LARGEST company in the world so money is no problem.

You're still good.

Archived