Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

With that schedule next year well be lucky to win 6 games............

Andre3stacks

As we saw this season, things change drastically year-to-year...

... We don't know who will stay up or who will crumble-- in '08, the NFC South was scary-- in '07 they had ONE team with a winning record (9-7 Tampa) and in '09 they could go either way.

I think we were given a fairly easy schedule this year and we blew it.... next year will be a tougher task, but i am positive that we do better than 8-8.

I'm not really sure I would call the NFC South scary. Tampa wasn't scaring anyone the last month of the season, and I don't think Atlanta is winning any more games this year. As for the AFC West, Oakland, Kansas City, Denver?????

in 2005, we lost to the entire AFC West. The Oakland team then was just as crappy as it is now, and the Chiefs weren't much better. Denver is a team that always seems to have our number (though that was one game we should have won, effin tuck rule).

Things do change yearly. No one expected the NFC South to be the best division in the NFC this year, nor did they think the AFC East would be competitive, and I think that occurred regardless of Brady going down. Also, from a statistical probability standpoint, a rookie head coach who achieves great success his first year usually falters hard their 2nd year and are out of the league the third year or after. While I expect this to happen in Baltimore, Atlanta may be the candidate like what happened with Mora Jr.

But agreed, we don't have a pretty schedule next season, and we let an easy one in this season slip away fast. Wins agains the Bengals and Rams, we're 11-5 and in the playoffs...:doh:

No one expected the NFC South to be the best division in the NFC this year, nor did they think the AFC East would be competitive, and I think that occurred regardless of Brady going down.

I dunno, yeah the NFC South had a slightly better overall record than the NFC East, but the East went 4-0 vs. the South.

It is never about the schedule and opponents, our fate is once again in our own hands.

IF (and it's a big if) the FO addresses the glaring needs along both lines effectively, we will see genuine improvement. If they don't, it won't matter if we play against the local HS teams.

It is never about the schedule and opponents, our fate is once again in our own hands.

IF (and it's a big if) the FO addresses the glaring needs along both lines effectively, we will see genuine improvement. If they don't, it won't matter if we play against the local HS teams.

Agreed, schedule doesn't make a good team win 6 games, a tough schedule will take an 11 win team down to 9 or 10 maybe. Our fate is in our hands.

Plus, looking at strength of schedule this year is absolutely worthless considering how much changes year to year in the NFL.

I consider us to be a 2-14 team anyways.

At this point, I just want the front office to draft wisely and spend responsibly. I want the offense to grow, drastically. As long as the team is heading in the right direction and being built for the future, I'm not too concern with making the playoffs next year at this point.

we play the whole NFC South, Denver, San Diego, Not to mention the NFC East rivalry games. :doh::doh::mad: Some changes need to be made quick.

It's way to early to tell if the schedule would be hard or not. Teams like Miami and Baltimore were projected to be 4-6 win teams this year and they are in the playoffs.

we play the whole NFC South, Denver, San Diego, Not to mention the NFC East rivalry games. :doh::doh::mad: Some changes need to be made quick.
I prefer to look at the glass as half full.

You didn't mention we're also playing the whole AFC West, who are rated only 7th out of the 8 divisions, according to Sagarin. We also have the Rams and the Lions. Again.

noone ever has an "easy" schedule...what is "easy" anyway? getting every team thats last in the division from the previous year? is that what's considered "easy?" You never know who will be good/bad.

Everyone put the dolphins as an "easy" win since they were terrible the previous year and now look at how they've flourished; they win the AFC East.

even if the skins had the horses (which they don't) i still don't think they could get it done given the current ownership, management and coaching. the coaching staff may come around in another year or two but danny and vinny may never be equal to the task.

Archived