Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Impressive Or Creepy? (CGI)

Califan007 The Constipated

So it was just her face being animated, right? Her teeth are huge as well lol...

yes it was just just her face but it was rendered in real time (30 frames a second)... while a still from one of those images would probably take my desktop about 16hrs to render.

image metrics is really pushing the envelope of rendering... and with the new nvidia super computers that just came out you're really going to see some drastic changes in the next 5 years in visualizations.

the stuff ya posted above is kinda old school.

hair is difficult to get right because of the physics and light bounces. once the softwares written for those new nvidia super computers... well it's gonna munch that stuff up like candies.

if you wanna see some insanely good people check out this website:

its kinda where all the cgi people post their work: www.cgsociety.org

yes it was just just her face but it was rendered in real time (30 frames a second)... while a still from one of those images would probably take my desktop about 16hrs to render.

THAT is impressive :applause:...

image metrics is really pushing the envelope of rendering... and with the new nvidia super computers that just came out you're really going to see some drastic changes in the next 5 years in visualizations.

the stuff ya posted above is kinda old school.

I think it was the old school "fake/real" feeling that was creepy to me, though lol...it would be like stepping in to an extremely well-rendered videogame or something.

if you wanna see some insanely good people check out this website:

its kinda where all the cgi people post their work: www.cgsociety.org

Great site, impressive stuff on there :thumbsup:...watching some french short now lol...

Archived