Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Here is the type of Linemen we need. Florida State's Everett Brown

andyburd

I was watching the Maryland Terrapins get totally hammered last night, as usual, they don't show up for a big game. If you watched the game, you saw the domination by the Florida State defense.

I sat there and watched this total stud named Everett Brown just destroy every o-linemen he he faced, it was unreal. This guy completely dominated the game to the point where it was a big reason for the blowout.

I am sitting here thinking to myself, we haven't had a d-linemen like this since the glory days, and how it can totally make offenses change their game plan.

I believe the Skins need to make a push for this type of player. I know we need linemen on both sides of the ball, but who is out there in the draft that could come in and play right away? There are very few, but I think this is something we need to do.

Yea I saw the game as well, dude was a complete stud for sure. We need D lineman in the worst way in this upcoming draft. But knowing Cerrato and Snyder....we probley wont get them. They just salivate over postion players too much.

That being said.....most dlineman end up being busts anyway.

I was watching the Maryland Terrapins get totally hammered last night, as usual, they don't show up for a big game. If you watched the game, you saw the domination by the Florida State defense.

I sat there and watched this total stud named Everett Brown just destroy every o-linemen he he faced, it was unreal. This guy completely dominated the game to the point where it was a big reason for the blowout.

I am sitting here thinking to myself, we haven't had a d-linemen like this since the glory days, and how it can totally make offenses change their game plan.

I believe the Skins need to make a push for this type of player. I know we need linemen on both sides of the ball, but who is out there in the draft that could come in and play right away? There are very few, but I think this is something we need to do.

I was extremely impressed with this dude too. What round would he go? Looks like a 1st rounder to me, that's for sure.

Being an FSU fan I've watched him over the past couple years and he's progressed quite well. He's torn up every offensive lineman he's faced. He's only a junior this year and I'm not sure if he'll declare or not but I sure hope he doesn't!!! I think he'd be a early 2nd rounder if I had to guess.

Did you just say Maryland never shows up for a big game? They usually knock off ranked opponents actually...They never show up for a game they are supposed to win.

But Everett Brown is a beast, even if he won't declare.

Maryland showed up last week against UNC and because of that I won a little mulah...

Anywho, go Noles!

HTTR

Another couple of players to watch are right in our own back yard...

1/ WR - Darrius Heyward-Bey. This guy has been a game breaker for the Terps. Has great hands, runs good routes, and has blazing speed

2/ RBs - Da'real (sp?) Scott. The guy has talent. And, despite a shoulder injury is racking them up.

3/ Safety - Kenny Barnes. Has speed, is excellent in coverage, and does know how to lay down the lumber. Just as the guy who spilled his cookies on the field. It was one of the most jarring hits I have seen in football (college or professional).

sorry, Maryland played extremely poorly on the offensive line. The tackles were especially bad.

The guy did nothing special.

I would have to say you sir are wrong. He is a animal, and on one play he was getting blocked by three guys, and still helped out on the tackle.

He will go in the top 10 or 20 for sure, even if he declares.

I'm not saying he is the one, but he is a game changer, and we havn't seen a guy like that on our defense since Wilber Marshall

sorry, Maryland played extremely poorly on the offensive line. The tackles were especially bad.

uhhh ... what? I mean yea, they did play terrible there, but Everette Brown has been eating up every offensive tackle hes faced for two years. Ive been watching the guy for a while and I knew that once we (FSU) played Maryland there would be a thread on him.

Maybe the complete domination by all d-line players had to do with the o-line but Brown dominates.

On those plays where they rolled turner out away from brown and let him run free, turner was supposed to have plenty of time to get the ball off. However, Everette was so damn fast he got to Turner real quick and blew up the whole play.

Anyways, the Skins do need a d-end like this ... but we also need a monster nose tackle to plug holes and keep blockers occupied.

You must be a Maryland fan. Sorry about last night ;).

I'm rooting for you guys next week against BC though.

Oh, and this guy is a guarunteed first rounder.

Only a junior, hopefully he stays for his senior year, if he does hes a top 10 pick next year.

He'll definitely declare, there's no doubt at all of that.

Replacing him, Rolle, and Tony Carter next year will be hard, for sure.

Brown at this point is one of the top 3 DEs in the country, and at 6'4 and 255, already has great acceleration and quickness on his pass rushing moves, but he's also got the ability to probably add just a little more weight to his frame.

Following the combine he'll be a mid to late first rounder the way things look like right now.

That all being said, while of course I love and support FSU guys, I really think we need a big time RT in the first if we don't find a way to trade down into the 2nd.

And BJ Raji, the DT at Boston College, is worth a hard look as well. The guy is huge and eats up double and triple teams.

Archived