Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The End of Days...

China

Well, I guess the apocolypse is coming; dogs helping cats?!!

Hero dog risks life to save kittens from fire

SYDNEY (Reuters) – A dog was hailed as a hero on Sunday after it risked its life to save a litter of newborn kittens from a house fire, rescuers said.

In a case which gives the lie to the saying about 'fighting like cats and dogs', the terrier cross named Leo had to be revived with oxygen and heart massage after his ordeal. Fire broke out overnight at the house in Australia's southern city of Melbourne, where he was guarding the kittens.

Fire fighters who revived Leo said he refused to leave the building and was found by them alongside the litter of kittens, despite thick smoke.

"Leo wouldn't leave the kittens and it nearly cost him his life," fire service Commander Ken Brown told reporters.

The four kittens also survived the fire and Sunday Leo, who fire fighters nicknamed 'Smoky', was again back at the house.

I hope that the dog knows that the cats won't return the favor.

HA!

I'll have you know that years ago, my two cats woke me early one saturday morning. I couldn't figure out what would get them so wired up until I started smelling smoke. Turns out the apartment across the hall had a small kitchen fire.

Archived