Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recap of Jason Campbell interview on the Junks.

mithong

It was a fairly long interview, so I will go through the important points.

- said that he has no concerns about his fit in the WC offense, he feels that he will do well in it

- said that Saunders usually called the plays, except for end game and red zone situations where Gibbs had more influence

- said that he had no contact with snyder or management during the coaching search, he was doing his own thing

- is still dating miss dc (07 i think?)... she's a hottie :silly:

- whenever todd collins was brought up, JC made it a point to emphasize that everyone got healthy at that point and that 21's death was a motivating factor in that run... i got the feeling that he was being slightly defensive...

- said that Gibbs called the last two plays of the first giant game :laugh:

- wanted lloyd to get on the field more, attributed his lack of performance to shaken confidence and being in Gibbs' doghouse

and most importantly, he came off as a very nice,cool, and humble guy... just like I had expected =)

that's pretty much it.

I didn't hear the actual interview, but I feel like I've learned something just from the details in your recap post. Good job on that.

I just got as much info from this as from the last three or four JLC Redskin Insiders (granted it's been a slow offseason).

The whole getting defensive thing about Collins is kind of funny. If Collins did not perform the way he did, I would have been extremely disappointed. The guy had been running the same offense for quite some time and if he came in and sucked, I would have been surprised. I think he is a product of the system he was in. We shall see a different TC 15 this preseason methinks.

The whole getting defensive thing about Collins is kind of funny. If Collins did not perform the way he did, I would have been extremely disappointed. The guy had been running the same offense for quite some time and if he came in and sucked, I would have been surprised. I think he is a product of the system he was in. We shall see a different TC 15 this preseason methinks.

We're lucky we have Collins. Had it not been for him, we wouldn't have made the playoffs. As for Campbell, he has alot to prove and this year he must prove that he was worth the #25 pick in the 1st round we traded Denver for to move up and get him. JMO. Others are going to say he's great, that's their opinion.

We're lucky we have Collins. Had it not been for him, we wouldn't have made the playoffs. As for Campbell, he has alot to prove and this year he must prove that he was worth the #25 pick in the 1st round. JMO. Others are going to say he's great, that's their opinion.

I completely agree with you.

I hope JC can really shine this year and show us that he was worth the pick. He is not great yet, but hopefully he will be.

I really hope that he will be able to lead this team. I'm really concerned about him and Moss getting on the right page together. I think that Zorn will help JC out a lot and he will become one of the better QB's in the league, but I'm still very worried about being wrong.

I completely agree with you.

I hope JC can really shine this year and show us that he was worth the pick. He is not great yet, but hopefully he will be.

As I completely agree with your reply. I couldn't have responded better myself. JC has shown some great flashes and I hope he puts it all together this season.

JC is a classy guy. Thats always nice to have. He better produce this year or we better go to Collins. Winning is what matters in the long run and TC made that happen at the end of last year. Collins just needs to play mistake free like TC did and that will make all the difference.

The one thing I hope JC improves on is the lost fumbles. He had alot of them last year. Some fault due to the OL, but we had alot of injuries on the OL last year. I hope our OL stays healthy to avoid the those kind of turnovers and JC learns to protect the ball better when he gets sacked.

It will be nice to have one coach in charge of the playcalling on gameday, that's for sure. It was so depressing to see our offense look great between the 20s only to stall time and time again once every coach on the sideline got involved.

Gibbs said he did, then the organization said he didn't, or something like that.

Looks like he still was.

Yeah since everything Campbell says is automatically truth. I'll believe Gibbs a class guy who stands for character before I'll believe JC. Not that JC isn't classy or have good character, but relatively speaking, we know very little about him. We know more about Gibbs just due to his vast history with the team. Plus Gibbs has books like Forth and One that allow us to know more about him as a person.

I wonder how much JC really knows about the playcalling. All of the calls were relayed through Gibbs if I remember correctly, so would JC necessarily be aware of the source of the play call at all times?

Plays weren't relayed by Gibbs

The one thing I hope JC improves on is the lost fumbles. He had alot of them last year. Some fault due to the OL, but we had alot of injuries on the OL last year. I hope our OL stays healthy to avoid the those kind of turnovers and JC learns to protect the ball better when he gets sacked.

I read somewhere that JC's fumbles are a result of the long draw he has. He pulls that ball back behind him during the windup giving defenses an improved chance of swatting the ball..

Archived