Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Recap of Jason Campbell interview on the Junks.

mithong

I read somewhere that JC's fumbles are a result of the long draw he has. He pulls that ball back behind him during the windup giving defenses an improved chance of swatting the ball..

I'd say they have more to do with all the blind side hits.

Collins did a great job but jason is right in sayin that everyone was alot more emotional after sean died. They opened up the offense alot more with todd in there and threw a couple trick plays into the mix those last 4 games. Gibbs & co trusted Todd alot more i think but they didnt give jason the same plays to run. The last 4 games they had nothing to lose and as soon as the playoffs came they became more conservative in there play calling and they got the same results they did with campbell

Yeah since everything Campbell says is automatically truth. I'll believe Gibbs a class guy who stands for character before I'll believe JC. Not that JC isn't classy or have good character, but relatively speaking, we know very little about him. We know more about Gibbs just due to his vast history with the team. Plus Gibbs has books like Forth and One that allow us to know more about him as a person.

Except that Gibbs' words pretty much mirror Campbells...

I wonder how much JC really knows about the playcalling. All of the calls were relayed through Gibbs if I remember correctly, so would JC necessarily be aware of the source of the play call at all times?

Seriously? You think that the starting quarterback isn't aware of who is calling the plays? And by the way the playes weren't relayed in through Gibbs.

The Skins just didn't get it done on those "two plays' of that Giants game.

Betts got STUCK...the hole was there...then closed...and the Giants LB (AP?)....made a great play...

IMHO the Skins didn't get it done the whole second half of that game. It should have never come down to those last two plays. Again, just my opinion. :gaintsuck

Come on you know what he meant.

put Campbell in for Collins...not difficult.

The HUH was not for the wrong player used but for the fact that Collins didn't play mistake free. He seemed to look like playing better then JC was that he was getting better protection then JC got most of the games. We saw what happened to Collins when the protection broke down or you could say the Hawks were better at exploting the weak side of the line.

If you go back and look at the games when JC actually got real protection he was able to well.

Look at Brady in the SB how well did he play when he was being rushed and his protection didn't do a good job in blocking the rush.

Conclusion: Protect the QB at all cost and give the poor guy some time to throw the ball.

Seriously? You think that the starting quarterback isn't aware of who is calling the plays? And by the way the playes weren't relayed in through Gibbs.

The specific individual calling in the plays isn't particularly important. The relevant point is a single point of contact. The actual decision making process throughout the game is likely opaque to the signal caller for the most part. Think about it...

it was a good interview. i am really impressed with his poise and charecter. i think he will be a great qb for years to come ( as most of you do) and it really shows in interviews like this one how well grounded he really is.

I don't think Campbell-boosters should keep trying to downgrade what Collins did for the Skins in 2007. When they do try, I feel I should call them on it,

I don't know about you, but I found it a little offensive to insinuate that Skins did not decide to rally around the tragic circumstances of Sean Taylors death in the Bears game, until AFTER Campbell went out.doh.gif

Let's face it, Campbell's passing accuracy left something to be desired. His mid-range passing game did not demand respect from the defense. With Campbell's tendency to sail his passes, the Skins' offensive coordinators didn't dare throw directly over the middle, and the offense couldn't gel.

For the record, after the passing of Sean, from the Buffalo game until Jason left with an knee-cap injury in the Bears game, there was five quarters where Campbell failed to pass for one touchdown. However, from the second quarter to the end of the Bears game, Collins completed a 21 yard TD to Yoder, and a 14 yard TD to Betts. Collins put opposing defenses on notice that we could pass over the middle again. To some degree, Collins' success provided a needed spark for the team start winning for Sean. Campbell didn't do that.

The rest was history. Collins made his teamates around him better, and the Skins turned around their season. When we lost to Seattle, we lost as a team, not because of a QB.

Should Campbell falter in 2008, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Collins pick up the team again.

Archived