Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Honestly, I think this board was the main reason Fassell was not hired

Ji

Great job guys. We kept putting the pressure on....and the Danny finally gave in. Zorn is the best choice we could of made outside of perhaps Spagnola and even thats a question mark.

I AM SO GLAD FASSELL IS NOT THE HEAD COACH AND EXTREME SKINS is 80% of the reason! All Hail to this board

You may be right. And this may turn out to be a good thing. But what would it say about the owner of an NFL franchise if his decision was largely based on us rather than his own intuition?

Great job guys. We kept putting the pressure on....and the Danny finally gave in. Zorn is the best choice we could of made outside of perhaps Spagnola and even thats a question mark.

I AM SO GLAD FASSELL IS NOT THE HEAD COACH AND EXTREME SKINS is 80% of the reason! All Hail to this board

I seriously doubt Dan Snyder was swayed by any of the posts on this board.

no way...you dont think he reads this board. Its his board after all. If we had been 100% behind Fassell when the rumor was first annouced..he would be our head coach right now

Wow. Is this serious? You think that it wasn't maybe the hours of research and consultation with Gibbs and others? This message board has delusions of grandeur sometimes that make me wonder why I waste time reading these threads. The fans were also the reason Dan fired Williams I guess, huh?

Dan Snyder sure has made some very suspect and questionable decisions over his tenure as owner, but the day he allows a message board, (even though ES.com is one of the best) to even sway his decision process, is the day he should sell the team.

Seriously, if he's not letting the guys he's paying millions of dollars to to make decisions, then what is he doing?

no way...you dont think he reads this board. Its his board after all. If we had been 100% behind Fassell when the rumor was first annouced..he would be our head coach right now

You guys are giving yourselves too much credit. I realize the MB is run by the Redskins, but to say that the owner made his coahing decision based on what was said here is insane. Im sure ES was also the reason Snyder didnt hire Fassel back in 04'?

EDIT: Whatever you guys are smoking needs to be passed this way. I honestly cant believe some of you would think a owner would base his decisions on discussions from a MB. Then you rate the thread 4 stars, what a joke!

I know that it is laughable for us to believe that we have an influence on the Skins organization, but if I were a little "unsure" of myself, I might be tempted to take a peek. I think that after Joe Gibbs which was a welcome respite from the criticism that Daniel Snyder ahs enjoyed over his tenure as owner, he probably doesn't want to completely alienate the people who buy his jerseys, popcorn, beer etc. The potential for disaster here could have a big negative impact on revenue should things turn out for the complete worst. Everyone is participating in a recession right now in the real estate market etc. People are edgy. The Harley dealership near where I live has laid off all but two sales people for obvious reasons. Why take chances in this market. Fassel is the type of gamble one would take in a bull market. Snyder has been getting an education in his businesses, perhaps this has changed his stragegy. I vote YES he did change his opinion because of the board.

It may not have been this board strictly, but I can tell you that it contributed. Every time I heard Fassel's name being mentioned in the media, it was added that "negative fan reaction" was the reason he hadn't been hired. And I do think this was a mitigating factor. Did anyone want Fassel? No.

NFC Champs next year. Book it.

I sure hope so, because I would like to lobby here for a flea flicker on the opening play of the first game. I hope Jim Zorn and Danny are reading this post tonight :laugh:

Lets say that this is thread is accurate. If this is the case then it is a sad day when our FO's would worry about the reaction from fans then what they feel is the right thing. There is a reason why we are fans and they are the FO, if not then the inmates are running the skins :laugh: :laugh:

Archived