Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

LT hurt or "scared?"

kwitt

His injury was supposed to be the least serious of the three key ones coming into the game. What is going on here? He was pulled early in the game because of a "coach's decision" and later they are just saying he is hurt.

How is he not playing in the biggest game of his life? Sounds to me like he is not hurt but is afraid of getting hurt.

Emmitt Smith (hate to give props to a Cowgirl) played with one shoulder against the Giants in a huge game yet LT is sitting this one out?? I tell ya, my opinion of this guy gets lower and lower each year. Riggo is right. This guy is overrated and soft.

His injury was supposed to be the least serious of the three key ones coming into the game. What is going on here? He was pulled early in the game because of a "coach's decision" and later they are just saying he is hurt.

How is he not playing in the biggest game of his life? Sounds to me like he is not hurt but is afraid of getting hurt.

Emmitt Smith (hate to give props to a Cowgirl) played with one shoulder against the Giants in a huge game yet LT is sitting this one out?? I tell ya, my opinion of this guy gets lower and lower each year. Riggo is right. This guy is overrated and soft.

To be fair, it's his knee-RBs, when making cuts et al, have to utilize this part of the body the most.

At the same time-it seems to me that maybe his injury MIGHT be more serious than Norv is leading everyone to believe.:2cents:

Did you see LT? He looked bad to me and totally unable to really cut.

Rivers was out there but he was QB. You can't run around with a messed up knee, not if you can't cut or accelerate.

That's true, bad knees much worse for a RB than a QB. I don't mean to hate on LT, I just thought it was strange.

I have to admit, I probably lost some respect for him today also. At the same time, I will give huge props to Rivers and Gates and the DL for being out there. Like you, I can't fathom how a guy wouldn't be out there playing in the biggest game of his career. I mean, they were ONE game from the Super Bowl! And, im not buying that he was all that hurt. If he were, then he would have never been able to even start the game in the first place. He's just a chump.

he didnt practice much and was a game time decision to start basically its a lot easier to run with a bad shoulder than a injured knee

Are you trying to tell me that LT would have had a tougher go of it than Emmitt did? I don't buy this at all. LT's knee was sprained, likely minimum pain and COULD have gotten hurt. Emmitt's shoulder was dislocated and was in immense pain.

Actually, the fact that it was a coaches decision should end the thread

Norv obviously didnt think he had it to do. It is not like they have scrubs as backups they have Turner and Sproles who are legit playmakers. Plus on that screen pass that LT caught he just ran out of bounds. He didnt try to juke Bruschi out or anything. I think his injury was worse that reported.

I realize that ligamentous strain can weaken the knee and make it much more susceptible to major injury...but I still think I'd want to be in a huge game like this, regardless of this risk. So I gotta say, I was really surprised when LT came out of the game. I don't want to declare him as "soft" quite yet, I want to hear more about the injury before I make that determination.

Archived