Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFW: Whispers NFC East

bubba9497

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/Whispers/2007/whispers2204.htm

It’s Cowboys LB Kevin Burnett, not Bobby Carpenter, who has been taking first-team reps next to Bradie James at inside linebacker while Akin Ayodele recovers from a minor knee procedure that isn’t expected to keep him out of training camp. Carpenter is backing up James now; he played best down the stretch on the outside last season but faces a crowded house with DeMarcus Ware, Greg Ellis and first-rounder Anthony Spencer.

The word around the Giants is that the thrifty team is strongly considering cutting expensive LS Ryan Kuehl and giving the job to LB Zak DeOssie, who impressed the coaches with his snapping in the first minicamp. Why might it do that? Some think the team wants to keep two kickers — newly acquired Lawrence Tynes for placekicks and strong-legged Josh Huston for kickoffs.

Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson said CB William James, who missed half of last season with a back injury, could challenge Sheldon Brown for a starting job. The team added only one cornerback — sixth-rounder Rashad Barksdale, a project — but likes James’ size (6-0) at a position where, collectively, it is not tall.

Is James any good? I've seen Brown so I know what I can expect from him, just curious about this other guy.

Think Will Peterson. Was he any good? (He changed his name from Will Peterson {former Giant} to William James)

Just kidding. He's a different player in Philly. I thought he played well as the season went on. But he will not challenge Brown for a starting spot. That's just a bunch of crap JJ is spewing, for what reason, I have no idea.

Its typical Eagles deflection for not having signed anyone to replace Hood. Typical Eagles fan: Well, we didn't sign anyone but they are really talking up this William James!!!!

Sounds about right. Thanks for clearing that up. I forgot he was the guy who changed his name.

Its typical Eagles deflection for not having signed anyone to replace Hood. Typical Eagles fan: Well, we didn't sign anyone but they are really talking up this William James!!!!

Completely agree. The guy would start on the giants, cowboys, and redskins imo, but he has serious health problems, hates tough coaches, and was just average on the giants. He is physical and likes to hit, but this guy is with the eagles as a nickelback because no one would pay him starting money, he is probably the best nickel in the league though.

Cowboys - is Carpenter just going to be a perpetual back up?

Giants - you have holes and cap space, why still so thrifty?

Eagles - why didn't you sign another CB? OBTW, Barksdale will be a good backup in 2008. Kids got talent, just needs a lot of reps.

Cowboys - is Carpenter just going to be a perpetual back up?

Giants - you have holes and cap space, why still so thrifty?

Eagles - why didn't you sign another CB? OBTW, Barksdale will be a good backup in 2008. Kids got talent, just needs a lot of reps.

Tough to say. He had a couple of solid games at the end of the year. Plus we have solid talent across the board at LB.

And Burnett's no run of the mill scrub. Burnett was a 2nd rounder himself, so he's got to raise his game if he wants to see the field.

Will Peterson (James) would not be a starter with the Redskins. More likely the #4 corner. One could make the case he is behind Springs, Smoot, Rogers and Macklin. He might be fighting Butler for the last roster spot at CB.

Will Peterson (James) would not be a starter with the Redskins. More likely the #4 corner. One could make the case he is behind Springs, Smoot, Rogers and Macklin. He might be fighting Butler for the last roster spot at CB.

Um.... Right. He played better than Smoot did last year, he was a consistent starter when healthy for the giants, and he is big and physical. Macklin is washed up, Rogers is potential, Butler is decent.

He played great last year; it just if he can stay healthy.

You throw things out there that are just preposterous; behind Macklin? Right. :laugh:

Carpenter is as much of a bust as McIntosh....how bout we give them another year or two before we start making ridiculously early proclamations...

Funny, I don't see McIntosh sinking in the depth chart...

Carpenter is as much of a bust as McIntosh....how bout we give them another year or two before we start making ridiculously early proclamations...
Carpenter is entering his second season as a backup! No he's not a bust, but when a team running a 3-4 drafts a LB in the first round, they aren't looking for him to be a backup.

McIntosh, a second round pick, is listed as a starter on most depth charts! :2cents:

Archived