Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Me.O.'s 49er fallout explained (merged)

BKSkinsFan

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Cowboys | Owens's celebration may have been inspired by team chaplain

Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:45:47 -0700

Jean-Jacques Taylor, of the Dallas Morning News, reports former <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/32/nfl">San Francisco 49ers receivers coach George Stewart wants to set the record straight on WR Terrell Owens' celebratory dance during the 2000 season at Texas Stadium. The Dallas Cowboys wide receiver was playing for the 49ers back then. Stewart said team chaplain Earl Smith might have played a role in the celebration. The day before the game, the 49ers had just completed a walk-through practice at Texas Stadium. "The chaplain began talking about Roger Staubach and how the Cowboys were God's Team and America's Team," Stewart said. "Then he asked Terrell if he knew why there was a hole in the roof. He didn't, so the chaplain told him that it was so God could look down on the Cowboys. "He said, 'If you score, go to the star and let God see you. Look up to the sky and praise God.' "If you'll look at a replay, you'll see that he runs to the star, looks right up, praises God and then leaves the field." WR J.J. Stokes said the chaplain asked him to go to the star as well if he scored a touchdown. The next day, the 49ers suspended Owens for a week. That essentially ended his relationship with head coach Steve Mariucci because he thought the coach should have supported him.

Ok, so Dallas reporters are trying to explain why T.O. did what he did and make him not seem like the bad guy. Sorry, but that's just not going to happen. Anyone with common sense would understand that what he did offended an entire organization, and was way over the top. If it was JJ Stokes doing it, the same would have been said. T.O. just can't look at it that way, he sees it as everyone's against him. It's just his personality, there's no behind the scenes details that will change the fact that he's a self centered cry baby. Next thing we'll hear that Andy Reid & McNads called him a mean name and that's what ruined his stay in Philthy.

Memo to T.O. - Professional athletes are supposed to be able to tolerate and accept criticism. The moment you show that you can't handle it, that's when everyone jumps on your obvious weakness. There's no crying .. there's no crying in football.

By the way, I'll donate :2cents: to Jerry to go ahead and stop making God so miserable and put a roof on Texas Stadium.

I searched and didn't find it. This is pretty dumb if you ask me. After years after the "Star" celebration, and after the Boys signed TO, cowboy fans now have there reason why its ok for what TO did to there star. They can now blame it on the 49'rs team chaplin.

Jean-Jacques Taylor, of the Dallas Morning News, reports former San Francisco 49ers receivers coach George Stewart wants to set the record straight on WR Terrell Owens' celebratory dance during the 2000 season at Texas Stadium. The Dallas Cowboys wide receiver was playing for the 49ers back then. Stewart said team chaplain Earl Smith might have played a role in the celebration. The day before the game, the 49ers had just completed a walk-through practice at Texas Stadium. "The chaplain began talking about Roger Staubach and how the Cowboys were God's Team and America's Team," Stewart said. "Then he asked Terrell if he knew why there was a hole in the roof. He didn't, so the chaplain told him that it was so God could look down on the Cowboys. "He said, 'If you score, go to the star and let God see you. Look up to the sky and praise God.' "If you'll look at a replay, you'll see that he runs to the star, looks right up, praises God and then leaves the field." WR J.J. Stokes said the chaplain asked him to go to the star as well if he scored a touchdown. The next day, the 49ers suspended Owens for a week. That essentially ended his relationship with head coach Steve Mariucci because he thought the coach should have supported him.

I guess God, in talks from his time on the first star, told him to also go to midfield later so they could carry on their discussion.

And I guess God punished Teague for decking TO - which as I recall was the pride of Brokeback Nation that day. I hope the worst for TO.

And as far as this article is concerned - I have a song stuck in my head: You spin me right 'roud baby right 'round like a record player...

:rotflmao:

I guess all the other self promotion celebrations where purely religious in nature?

Saint Terrell

IMO, there's nothing wrong with the celebrating. If this story is true (it would be extremely pathetic if it weren't) I wonder why it didn't come from TO sooner? There's really nothing wrong with the celebration if that's what happened.

"He said, 'If you score, go to the star and let God see you. Look up to the sky and praise God.' "If you'll look at a replay, you'll see that he runs to the star, looks right up, praises God and then leaves the field."

see more arguments that ubers are evil....look at the temptation the priest put on TO...evil...evil...evil...

:silly:

The team chaplain must have also told him that if he signed a ball with a sharpie pen in Seattle god would make him the most loved and respected icon of his time right?

If the chaplain told T.O. that smoking horse **** let him speak to god would he try that?

Regardless of what you are told to do, you have to consider the impact of your action on people around you. T.O. was told by whoever to do what he did, but he is a GROWN man, he needs to use HIS brain to determine the effect of his actions. He offended and utterly disrespected the Cowboys with his action, regardless of how this writer tries to spin it.

Jean-Jacques Taylor, of the Dallas Morning News, reports former <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/32/nfl">San Francisco 49ers receivers coach George Stewart wants to set the record straight on WR Terrell Owens' celebratory dance during the 2000 season at Texas Stadium. The Dallas Cowboys wide receiver was playing for the 49ers back then. Stewart said team chaplain Earl Smith might have played a role in the celebration. The day before the game, the 49ers had just completed a walk-through practice at Texas Stadium. "The chaplain began talking about Roger Staubach and how the Cowboys were God's Team and America's Team," Stewart said. "Then he asked Terrell if he knew why there was a hole in the roof. He didn't, so the chaplain told him that it was so God could look down on the Cowboys. "He said, 'If you score, go to the star and let God see you. Look up to the sky and praise God.' "If you'll look at a replay, you'll see that he runs to the star, looks right up, praises God and then leaves the field." WR J.J. Stokes said the chaplain asked him to go to the star as well if he scored a touchdown. The next day, the 49ers suspended Owens for a week. That essentially ended his relationship with head coach Steve Mariucci because he thought the coach should have supported him.

Ok, so Dallas reporters are trying to explain why T.O. did what he did and make him not seem like the bad guy. Sorry, but that's just not going to happen. Anyone with common sense would understand that what he did offended an entire organization, and was way over the top. If it was JJ Stokes doing it, the same would have been said. T.O. just can't look at it that way, he sees it as everyone's against him. It's just his personality, there's no behind the scenes details that will change the fact that he's a self centered cry baby. Next thing we'll hear that Andy Reid & McNads called him a mean name and that's what ruined his stay in Philthy.

Memo to T.O. - Professional athletes are supposed to be able to tolerate and accept criticism. The moment you show that you can't handle it, that's when everyone jumps on your obvious weakness. There's no crying .. there's no crying in football.

By the way, I'll donate :2cents: to Jerry to go ahead and stop making God so miserable and put a roof on Texas Stadium.

I think this kind of explains why some boys are attempting to dismiss the "star incident" 6 years ago and see what he can do in a Cowboys uniform.

I knew it!!! This just confirms my theory that T.O. has never done anything wrong ever, and has been taken advantage of everywhere he goes. He's so unlucky. Andy Reid, McNabb, Garcia, Mariucci, Erickson, everyone he has ever met and played with is a jerk. How could that happen. Poor T.O. He just needs to find someone who supports him because he is a victim every time he does anything. Everyone constantly trying to take advantage of him, even priests. I feel so bad for T.O. He has never done anything wrong, ever, and people just continue to hate him for no good reason. Every single person he's ever played with or for. Poor guy.

I think this kind of explains why some boys are attempting to dismiss the "star incident" 6 years ago and see what he can do in a Cowboys uniform.

There's another word for it: spin. Come on now, TO was HATED for that. This is a flimsy excuse!

Ok, so Dallas reporters are trying to explain why T.O. did what he did and make him not seem like the bad guy. Sorry, but that's just not going to happen.

The article was quotes from the 9ers WR coach at the time. The reporter was not trying to explain anything, he interviewed the coach. I guess the WR coach of the team TO "destroyed" is lying for him.

The article was quotes from the 9ers WR coach at the time. The reporter was not trying to explain anything, he interviewed the coach. I guess the WR coach of the team TO "destroyed" is lying for him.

OK BigDFan, what were you thinking about TO when he did this? Now all is forgiven? Sorry doesn't fly.

And before you can revert to the typical recrimination tactics Cowboy fans go to - I have never wanted a Cowboy on my team and loathed signing Peeon Sanders, at the expense of B-Mitch.

OK BigDFan, what were you thinking about TO when he did this? Now all is forgiven? Sorry doesn't fly.

I was thinkig why the ****y my team couldn't stop this guy. Sorry I didn;t pitch a ***** fit about it then, so I am not gonna do it now. I was PO'ed at the team.

I was thinkig why the ****y my team couldn't stop this guy. Sorry I didn;t pitch a ***** fit about it then, so I am not gonna do it now. I was PO'ed at the team.

:bsflag:

If he did that to the Skins, I'd want someone to take his knee-caps out...

The fact that a Dallas reporter got this information and published this story to try to show that T.O. is not to blame is my point. OK, it was all the chaplain's fault for everything. And Mooch is a meanie for not being on his side, so he'll never talk to him again. Please, he's a grown ass man, he needs to take some accountability for his own actions.

Better hope if T.O. makes a bad play, he doesn't see Parcells staring him down, otherwise .. here we go again.

The fact that a Dallas reporter got this information and published this story to try to show that T.O. is not to blame is my point. OK, it was all the chaplain's fault for everything. And Mooch is a meanie for not being on his side, so he'll never talk to him again. Please, he's a grown ass man, he needs to take some accountability for his own actions.

Better hope if T.O. makes a bad play, he doesn't see Parcells staring him down, otherwise .. here we go again.

So the reporter reported a factual story and that is a bad thing? If you know JJT, you will realize he doesn't cary the banner for The Cowboys, he doesn't like Parcells, and didn't want TO in Dallas. Trust me when i say he is not cheerleading.

As for "here we go again" I honestly doubt that happens this year at least. And this year is what I care about right now

So the reporter reported a factual story and that is a bda thing? If you know JJT, you will realize he doesn't cary the banner for The Cowboys, he doesn't like Parcells, and didn't want TO in Dallas. Trust me when i say he is not cheerleading.

As for "here we go again" I honestly doubt that happens this year at least. And this year is what I care about right now

Well see what you say WHEN, not IF TO melts down...

Archived