Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Archuleta reflects on new team, new season

timdaley73

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0427cr-archuleta0427Z6-CP.html

Pretty cool interview posted on this site... Click on link for full article... But, here is a clip...

TCR: How tough is it to leave St. Louis?

AA: "It's hard. You spend five years in a community and you definitely build an emotional attachment. All of a sudden with a snap, you're relocated with new teammates and a new city. Now I'm being welcomed in instead of me welcoming new teammates to St. Louis. It's kind of a role reversal, but I'm excited."

TCR: Did you make any other visits besides to the Redskins?

AA: "No. Ultimately, it was between Chicago and Washington. Those were the two frontrunners. It was virtually impossible for any other team to sneak in there."

TCR: Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has a good reputation and may be the next coach once Joe Gibbs returns to NASCAR full time as a team owner. Was that a factor?

AA: "Yes. What I need in my life right now is stability and someone like (Williams) with a good reputation. It's exciting to have people around me who know what they're doing and have a passion for it. I'm excited ending up on a team that I think has a chance to do some great things and be special. The Redskins are a team on the rise. There's a lot of upside. It seems like the ownership and the front office work together to do everything possible to try and win. That's important in this day and age."

TCR: Did you enjoy the free agency process?

AA: "It was cool. It's nice to know you're wanted. Considering I never got a chance to go through the recruiting process out of high school, this was my first crack at teams kind of clamoring for you. It was a good psychological boost."

TCR: Redskins defensive coordinator Gregg Williams has a good reputation and may be the next coach once Joe Gibbs returns to NASCAR full time as a team owner. Was that a factor?

AA: "Yes. What I need in my life right now is stability and someone like (Williams) with a good reputation. It's exciting to have people around me who know what they're doing and have a passion for it. I'm excited ending up on a team that I think has a chance to do some great things and be special. The Redskins are a team on the rise. There's a lot of upside. It seems like the ownership and the front office work together to do everything possible to try and win. That's important in this day and age."

It's nice to hear that about us for a change.

I like it how they make Gibbs going back to NASCAR a fact. When has Gibbs EVER said once he retires, he's going back to the pits?

I'd really like for him to show up on one of those Redskins video clips with Larry Micheal. So far we have seen Lloyd and Carter but no sign of ARE or Arch, I know they are both in camp. They should stop by and give us a taste of what they bring to the table.

Now if we could only get him to work out with his new team...

yeah-- they say Adams got one of the craziest , intence, workout method--- he is insanly strong and will be in no need of extra work-- he might be one of the strongest guys on our defence---

I love how Bear Nation talked all that **** about the contracts we gave the players they wanted, then they turn around and sign a nickel back (Ricky Manning Jr.) to a 25 million dollar contract

Who just beat a guy for using a laptop... yep, money well spent there. :laugh:

Arch better live up to his contract on the field! I wasn't thrilled about losing Clark after the season he had.

yeah. I was pretty impressed with clark last season. I dont know enough about AA to give an opinion of him but I trust the coaches. For that money, I would expect him to be all that clark was, and then some.

Clark wasn't physical enough, that is why AA is here. Clark had 1/2 of a sack last year. He was easily handled when he came on a blitz. When the Skins mentioned AA, the first thing they talked about was his number of sacks from that position. Expect Williams to send him a lot..

Archived