Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RFK v. FedEx Field

Originally posted by richard saunders

Fed Ex Field..

Seriously guys, we all have a ton of great memories there, but the stadium is a dump....

Go to a Nats game and see for yourself.

Agreed...while I loved going to games at RFK...it was a dump and I would still be waiting for season tix....:helmet: :2cents:

RFK. It's old.. the concrete is dirty, but that's who the redskins were.. Dirty, gritty, kick you in the teeth champions.

Redskins aren't that anymore and Fedex will never be what RFK was. Maybe Joe can rub a little magic on Fedex.

RFK or FEDEX, I just get a kick out watching them play live.

My first experience was with my brother at FEDEX. Never got the chance for RFK. Going to a live game has been one of the best times I have ever had. It was like being a kid again.

I want to take my son this year if I get the chance.

There is nothing like it.

I just went to RFK for my first Nats game and it was unbelievable being back in that stadium. It's got vibes in it, it just feels good.

I love that place....*sniff sniff*

:cheers:

FedEx is just too quiet. My dad was lucky enough to go to both of the NFC Championship games in '72 and '82 at RFK, and he said you couldn't even hear the PA, it was so loud. He said that in '72, George Allen said he wasn't even bringing the team out onto the field until the ground was shaking. So frickin' cool. We gotta get that Roman Colisseum feel back. We will once we start winning again.

You gotta go with RFK. The vibe there was unbelievable. It went way beyond homefield advantage. Opposing teams hated to come there. John Madden said it was the best stadium to see a game in the whole NFL. Said the only place that compared was Lambeau. Said when the crowd was behind them, the 'Skins were almost unstoppable. Read what former players had to say about the place. It was special.

Hail :logo:

Originally posted by Joeythetapeworm

Griffith Stadium. :D

Good one! Last year, I took my neighbor to the Green Bay game...the cool thing is that as a kid, his Dad took him to games at Griffith Stadium then, later, to RFK....when I took him to FedEx field last year, he got to complete the trifecta! Pretty cool, to be able to have been to all three!!

In our playoff win over Detroit in '99, FedEx was jumpin.

I watched it on TV unfortunately, but the sound was deafening, especially when Gus Frerotte got sacked on the Lions opening play.

The toilet paper streaming thru the stands... man it was like old times for a while.

What I'm trying to say is that FedEx can be just as special... if we start winning. That place can get loud too.

Unfortunatly, I never saw a regular season game at RFK. (Just a preseason one against the Bungles.) That being said, I do feel the stadium is past its prime in many ways. Going to a Nats game reminds me of that.

I think people are nostalgic about RFK because we actually won a lot there, unlike FedEx. I believe when the glory days come back, a lot of the good feelings will come back as well.

Jason

Originally posted by zoony

What I'm trying to say is that FedEx can be just as special... if we start winning. That place can get loud too.

Exactly....put a couple of superbowl seasons behind Fed-Ex and it will be hoppin' again. It will never have the presence of RFK as far as noise level, but we can sure as hell try, right?

Archived