Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bars in Ocean City

skins1206

I know Ocean City isnt the cleanest city in the place (actually its pretty damn dirty) but i know i have fun everytime i go. I just turned 21 and would like to know peoples favorite bars to go to down there. Also which bars are still fun druing the weekdays.

Last time I vacationed there I was way to young to drink, but I believe the hotels there have a closed circuit tv station that is a 24hour ad for nightlife in Ocean City. I remember it advertised some bar/club that was like three entire different clubs under one building......sounds cool.

I also remember a very good sub shop where I got a corned beef w/ coleslaw sub sandwhich. Best sandwich I ever remember eating.

I'm assuming you mean Ocean City, MARYLAND and not New Jersey.

Secrets is always the hot spot to go to. Big night club but also many areas to go and just hang out if that's not your thing.

I can't remember but I think the Paddock has like 4 bars in one place so it's a bunch of different kinds of bars for one cover.

Then there is an Irish bar on the boardwalk that is pretty cool.

But do some adventuring and go in to different bars, get a drink and chill out. Just make sure you take the bus, it's two bucks and you won't get in trouble for DWI. Those cops don't play around.

Huly what was the name of that club/bar that we went to with the corvette club? IT was pretty cool... live band in one area different types of music throughout.. Indoor and outdoor bars... pretty big fun place, plus plenty of hotties :D

Originally posted by Parlett316

I'm assuming you mean Ocean City, MARYLAND and not New Jersey.

Secrets is always the hot spot to go to. Big night club but also many areas to go and just hang out if that's not your thing.

Alright I have worked in Ocean City for about 15 years...here goes....

Seacrets is located at 49th Street Bayside. It is HUGE. A bunch of beach bars, a dance club, and usually a couple of bands playing. It has different themed areas. It is a safe bet that you and your friends will have a good time and find many ladies there!

They have a webcam and live feeds from there so you can check them out. Just google Seacrets OC.

BUT - Beware of the $10 cover charge and the expensive drinks. Bring a lot of cash with you. You can drop a $100 QUICK in that joint.

I can't remember but I think the Paddock has like 4 bars in one place so it's a bunch of different kinds of bars for one cover.

It is three bars....it's called the Party Block. It is on 17th street. The Paddock/Party Block is fantastic if you have a mullett and drive a camaro. If not it is just OK! They have a lot of dance music there. Club atmoshere. Loud thumping music, you know...the kind where you can't talk to anyone. The eye-candy there is good occassionally. Not my scene...but to each his own.

Then there is an Irish bar on the boardwalk that is pretty cool.

It is called Shenanigan's. 4th and the Boardwalk. Fun Pub atmoshere. Great bloody mary breakfast joint for the morning after too!

But do some adventuring and go in to different bars, get a drink and chill out. Just make sure you take the bus, it's two bucks and you won't get in trouble for DWI. Those cops don't play around.

AGREED! TAKE THE BUS. It is half the fun of the evening. All the drunks are piled in there and it is a lot of fun when the bars let out. $2 and you can ride all night. Hop on and off as much as you want.

If you want a Sports Bar. Hit the Greene Turtle on 116th Street Bayside. It is small but it has all of the Sports Bar stuff.

Any other questions, let me know....:cheers:

Originally posted by sKiNs5203

I agree on the Seacrets pricing. I was kicking myslef the next day when my wallet was empty.

Actually, in my post above I should have put that ALL of the bars in Ocean City are expensive from Memorial Day to Labor Day...tourist trap! :rolleyes:

BUT, Seacrets is the MOST expensive!

The good thing about seacrets is that they are open all day, and usually if you go early there is no cover. Cover usually doesnt start until the evening...8ish.

Fishtales around 21st-22nd street and the bayside is pretty cool.

Mackeys which is up towrads the 55th street area is pretty cool also.

Fagers Island also has a deck party on Mondays that is pretty cool.

Embers resturant does a club thing on thursday, its cool, but its loud, and crowded.

Originally posted by skins1206

I know Ocean City isnt the cleanest city in the place (actually its pretty damn dirty) but i know i have fun everytime i go. I just turned 21 and would like to know peoples favorite bars to go to down there. Also which bars are still fun druing the weekdays.

Do yourself a favor and get in the car and drive up the road till you get to Dewey, that is a real beach with real fun bars to go to, OC is more of a family hangout. Dewey is the place for bars :cheers:

Originally posted by jbooma

Do yourself a favor and get in the car and drive up the road till you get to Dewey, that is a real beach with real fun bars to go to, OC is more of a family hangout. Dewey is the place for bars :cheers:

Dewey is A LOT of fun. I have had some of the best times of my life there. I work in Ocean City and hang out in Ocean City because I CAN'T go to Dewey too often....Last time I went there.... I woke up the next morning with my liver lying on the bed next to me....and my liver was :cry:

That place is like Spring Freakin' Break every weekend.

:cool:

The Paddock was cool last time I was there. I though they had 4 bars, but I was drunk the enrite weekend, hense I went swimming during a hurricane @ 2am. Seacrets was cool, but I don't remember too much of that either. Have fun and drink a lot.

Archived