Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We're going to the Superbowl. You know why? We have a team again.

Gentlemen and Ladies I first would like to apologize for any foam’s I’ve made in this message post this is all-new to me.

I’ve been covering the Redskins since 1982 and stopped in 1996 (I think, because I’ve tried to block it out, truthfully.) Norv Turner was at least not a leader of men. Synder was right, he “fired the wrong guy”, not that Casserly has done anything in Houston.

For the last nine years the Redskins have resembled anything but a team, local media has tried to, I don’t know what, they were all still used to the hyper control of Jack Kent Cook and made everything seem entertaining. But the truth is the Redskins haven’t been, played, acted like, resembled a team in a long time.

We talk about free agency and excuse it with premadona athlete behavior but that philosophy doesn’t hold water. New England proves this point rather concretely.

The Redskins are a team now, get out the Bandwagon Kornheiser, if you remember how to drive it. Putting down insignificant happenings, as substitute sports journalism, portrayed as great sports analysis, is as my friend Tom Friend says is Stickt. Save it for the TV dude. But is a great example of not telling the truth about what has happened to the Washington Redskins these last non-glory days of Redskins faithful. Me included.

This brings me to my point. We’re back. Joe Gibbs has totally changed the culture of the Washington Redskins. We’re a Team Again. No bull…we now have one person who is not in the voluntary team workouts, I don’t know what the exact stats are, but everyone knows everyone’s now “busting it.” Team before me.

Gone are the days of laughing, joking, talking on your cell phone to find out where that party is, waiting to get your bling-bling out of the secured jewelry locker. Gardner was the first in line with two cell phone’s going. It pissed me off. After getting you butt kicked by the Dallas Cowboys. Spurrier was more dejected than any coach on any level in any sport as I have personally witnessed.

I remember talking with Sam Huff in the locker room after that Dallas game and thinking we’re screwed, the team I have loved is a joke. The simply don’t care. Walking out with Sam he was saying, “we need a running back.” What did Gibbs do, got a running back, got another 250 lb one this year to, the number one rated full back in every draft analysis forum. Check it out. We also got the number two in the kid from the Citadel. Fullbacks are tough guys.

It’s different now, the players are no longer collecting paychecks and spending them, winning football is first or we’ll take a nine million dollar cap hit and you can hit the road fellow. We paid for speed, you lost your speed but complain about your catches after we just won the game, good ridden.

Get excited guys, we’re back, going to the Super Bowl in fact, Gibbs learned a valuable lesson from Jimmy Johnson, speed kills and we just upgraded or team speed and toughness by a huge margin. You’ll see eleven guys playing as one, kicking the crap out of everyone this year. They don’t keep a stat of how many guys you knocked out of the game. But go look at the injury reports of the teams we played last year after the game they played against us. We’re tough, we’re fast, we’re together, for the first time since Joe Gibbs left, and by the way we’re grooming a quarterback for the future, the right way. The future is now and it looks good.

I asked Ramsey after the Vikes game, " did we run alot more stretch plays?' He thought about, and said "as a matter of fact yes." Check the audio archives at Redskins' .com. Raymer wasn't fast enough to pull last year, Rabach is excellent at it. We're going to run the ball this year bigtime. Janson is a huge bonus.

Guy's, look at the first thing Gibbs did when he came back. At one o'clock in the morning he was sitting in William living room signing him. Defense, mission accomplished, this year special teams, offense was his fault and horrible and injured receivers, no speed. And total lack of team. Special teams and offense will be there this year. Running game killed us last year, nothing in the middle of the line or the blind side the first nine games. Gibbs relied on the Doctors, Brunnell's elbow is now healed from the surgery and Jacksonville got us.

Originally posted by KingdomBankcard

It's my fulltime business, it allows me to not work.

So, that's like advertising, right. Kinda like when spiders crawl a website . A username to boost your "brand" recognition in search engines.

Does anyone remember Arrington getting mad about the bus ride and the laughing and joking after the losses? That was the team those days are behind us. Years and years of it. It's not reported except that one time. It was sickening for years. gibbs got rid of it.

Does anyone remember Arrington getting mad about the bus ride and the laughing and joking after the losses? That was the team those days are behind us. Years and years of it. It's not reported except that one time. It was sickening for years. gibbs got rid of it.

yeah, but i still have vivid memories of it... the worse thing i remember is Chump Bailey stating that it wasn't that bad that they laughed and joked. thanks for reminding me of that crap:doh:

Guy's go re-read Boswells article about the Post draft of the Redskins, it's the only accurate peice of journelism out there. It's right on the money. He's right now the only one not caught up in as Tom Friend say's "stickt." Even Wilbon who is brilliant, is getting full of himself. TV ruins everyone. The age of soundbites. All I'm saying is look at the whole picture not the sound bites.

Kingdom, earlier today I complemented you on your positive, informative posts. I go out for awhile and now you have us going to the Superbowl! If I tell you that I still like your posts can we get a Superbowl win?

:point2sky

Guy's go re-read Boswells article about the Post draft of the Redskins, it's the only accurate peice of journelism out there. It's right on the money. He's right now the only one not caught up in as Tom Friend say's "stickt." Even Wilbon who is brilliant, is getting full of himself. TV ruins everyone. The age of soundbites. All I'm saying is look at the whole picture not the sound bites.

Yawn...I'm so lazy. Can you post Boswell's article here?

Originally posted by ohioskins

Superbowl.....OK. I'm with you KingdomBankcard

See optimism is contagious.

So is syphilis.

And if it goes untreated, in 40 years, you'll be a mindless fool unable to manage your own saliva :)

But on the brightside, we'll no doubt have another SB win or two under our belts by then! :laugh:

Archived