Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Brown "I just saw the fastest 40 time ever" Clinton Portis

Ok...so Brown is fast , ( "Wow. Fast." "Yeah. Sounded like it". ), and if one takes a few games last year into account, he's a threat when returning and could spell the end of Morton's career with the Skins, ( such as it was). Now, about that thread title. :wtf: ( Just going with the trend here).

Originally posted by MCnDaHouse

With all the clamor when we originally signed Morton, I wonder why there has not been much talk about trading him?

Guess you haven't been around long enough.

I seem to remember there being a lot of threads suggesting we dump Morton a year or so ago.

The fastest hand-held time I've ever seen Green credited with by a legitimate source was 4.18 seconds.

From Len Pasquarelli's column on March 27, 2002 --

"Longtime league general manager Bobby Beathard, who once timed Redskins cornerback Darrell Green in an astounding 4.18 seconds ... "

http://darrellgreen.sportscombine.c...&nHL_Page=1

"While running track at Texas A&I during the 1982-1983 season, Darrell Green recorded the fastest time in the world in the 100 meter dash. "

"Over the course of 25 years, Darrell clocked a 44.3 second 400-meter dash, 20.5 second 200-meter dash, 10.08 second 100-meter dash, and a 4.15 40-yard dash. In the summer of 2004, at the age of 44, Darrell showed that his techniques still work when he recorded a 4.36 40-yard dash during a running demonstration at a youth summer football camp."

I think we need to make sure we keep a capable backup plan in place in case Antonio can't cure his case of dropsies. Now, that plan doesn't necessarily have to include Morton. It could, I suppose, include Santana Moss. But, I think I heard he had an off year in that department last year. And, I don't know what might be needed as a plan B for kick versus punt returning.

And the current NFL players who have been HAND-TIMED in 4.18 seconds or less in the NFL or college, as reported by legitimate sources --

Randal Williams 4.04

Joey Galloway 4.15

Randy Moss 4.15

DeAngelo Hall 4.15

Trung Canidate 4.16

Laveranues Coles 4.16

(Deion Sanders 4.17 -- not a current player, yet)

Donte Stallworth 4.17

Ahman Green 4.18

Antonio Brown 4.18

-------------------------

Man, whoever timed those times was a little jumpy. Every one of those is low, and Randall Williams running a 4.04 is complete BS. The guy most have stopped the clock at about 33 yards.:laugh:

He's quicker than lightning. That boy's quicker than a hiccup," cornerback Shawn Springs said afterward. "He's blazing fast."

Shawn Springs talking about Santana Moss at practice yesterday and A. Brown is just as fast. I don't know what D. Patten speed is but I know he was the fastest on the Pat's, he was there deep threat.

I think this kind of speed may serve us well at WR and kick returning. Can you say "Smurfs II"? I think we've got some TE's and other WR that can serve as "possession" receivers. I'm kind of warming up to our WR situation a little more after hearing Springs' comments.

I'm not highly excited about Jacobs. I am hoping he can take things to another level this year. It takes most WRs several years to develop into something useful in the NFL. I think because Jacobs was a fairly high draft pick, most folks are hoping that will pay off. I don't think that everyone is falling over themselves to get a glimpse of him, though. I think that's a bit exagerated. On the other hand, I wouldn't totally discount his potential at this point yet.

Archived