Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Brown "I just saw the fastest 40 time ever" Clinton Portis

Joe Gibbs quoted Portis about the tryout time on Antonio Brown that took place in week 14 last season, at the press conference introducing Santana Moss. Gibbs then details the conversation about the races that Brown and Moss ran in the 40. He said that both have never lost a 40 race in the lives, until they each beat eacher once. Hopefully that clarifies things

Originally posted by KingdomBankcard

Joe Gibbs quoted Portis about the tryout time on Antonio Brown that took place in week 14 last season, at the press conference introducing Santana Moss. Gibbs then details the conversation about the races that Brown and Moss ran in the 40. He said that both have never lost a 40 race in the lives, until they each beat eacher once. Hopefully that clarifies things

Sure, and not to be to picky, but you could have included that in the original post and spared this thread alot of :wtf:

Originally posted by KingdomBankcard

And now we understand.

If anyone wants a fast 40 time, go run on the Virginia Tech track. Miracles happen out at VT.

It seems like every VT prospect runs about 1-2 tenths of a second slower at the combine than the time VT claims.

http://www.flagmag.com/2005/Tournaments/05WillisMcgahee.html

Feb 7th,2005

Miami,FL-Miami Herald Article

UM FOOTBALL

Inquiry finds no violation by Hester

A race between the Canes' Devin Hester and Redskins receiver Antonio Brown reportedly was not for money.

BY SUSAN MILLER DEGNAN

sdegnan@herald.com

University of Miami athletic director Paul Dee said Monday that UM compliance officials investigated a flag football website report that noted Hurricanes defensive back Devin Hester and Washington Redskins wide receiver Antonio Brown had an informal 40-yard foot race with ''$2,000 and bragging rights . . . on the line'' Jan. 29 at a charity flag football game in Miami.

''They held a race, but there was no money involved,'' Dee said Monday. ``Our people have looked into it. They've met with Devin, and they've done their due diligence. We brought people in. We've talked to people. The compliance staff reported back to me that there was a race, but it wasn't for money.''

The NCAA opposes legal and illegal sports wagering and has adopted a bylaw prohibiting sports-related gambling.

Jim Zimolka, the Londonderry, N.H.-based president and CEO of Flag Football Magazine, which goes by FlagMag.com online, said he helped write the blurb on his website. Zimolka said he was in South Florida to help organize his upcoming World Cup of Flag Football event at Barry University. He said he stopped by the Willis McGahee Flag Football Tournament at Gwen Cherry Park to benefit the NFL YET Center in Miami.

TALKING TRASH

Zimolka said he heard people from both groups of bystanders talking at first about betting $5,000, and then, $2,000, but that he thought ``this was more ego-driven.''

''There were several people jawing back and forth,'' Zimolka said. 'It started off as a friendly, `Hey, I'm better than you' thing, and they were egged on by their counterparts and both agreed to race. They used the flag football officials.

``There was no money exchanged from what I could see. I thought it was pretty funny because they were making a pretty big commotion. There were like 500 people watching. Antonio Brown beat him by about a quarter of a step and looked back at him and mocked him. I didn't even know who Devin Hester is. That name meant absolutely nothing. Remember, I'm in New Hampshire, and college football is not big here.''

Dee said UM will submit an internal report to document the investigation but that it does not need to go to the NCAA, unless it is requested. ''We're doing the report just so we'll have it available if anybody looks for it,'' Dee said. ``It's not a problem because we don't have a violation.''

Originally posted by Paydirt

http://darrellgreen.sportscombine.c...&nHL_Page=1

"While running track at Texas A&I during the 1982-1983 season, Darrell Green recorded the fastest time in the world in the 100 meter dash. "

"Over the course of 25 years, Darrell clocked a 44.3 second 400-meter dash, 20.5 second 200-meter dash, 10.08 second 100-meter dash, and a 4.15 40-yard dash. In the summer of 2004, at the age of 44, Darrell showed that his techniques still work when he recorded a 4.36 40-yard dash during a running demonstration at a youth summer football camp."

For Darrell 4.36 is having lost a step. That is an awesome time for a fast Rookie.

Guest amaprius

Did you hear Antonio Brown is going to be cut? People are saying he is not a very good receiver or ST guy in the June 1 Cuts thread .....Thrash is god of ST over there.....

Originally posted by amaprius

Did you hear Antonio Brown is going to be cut? People are saying he is not a very good receiver or ST guy in the June 1 Cuts thread .....Thrash is god of ST over there.....

Who are these people that are saying that he is not a very good reciever? Where are you getting your info from? What show are you watching..."Regis & Kelly"? What articles are you reading? What links do you have?

I don't know what people are saying other places, but from what I saw of him last year, he IS a good ST guy. He seemed to have much better moves than Morton, which makes him a good ST guy in my book. I don't care if he's not a great receiver as long as he can return kicks back to the house.

Originally posted by flexxskins

Who are these people that are saying that he is not a very good reciever? Where are you getting your info from? What show are you watching..."Regis & Kelly"? What articles are you reading? What links do you have?

No one has said Antonio Brown is going to be cut. He's alluding to this because he's frustrated that everyone but himself KNOWS that Thrash will remain with the team next year.... and he wants to believe he'll be cut.

Originally posted by Die Hard

No one has said Antonio Brown is going to be cut. He's alluding to this because he's frustrated that everyone but himself KNOWS that Thrash will remain with the team next year.... and he wants to believe he'll be cut.

Ah, I see. Well, the fact that Thrash is a monster on ST's and that he is more than just good as a receiver should kind of change amaprius's beliefs. But I am assuming that he saw all the games and witnessed these things for himself. J.Gibbs verbally exuded confidence in Thrash's physical ability, lockerroom leadership and mental toughness more than any other player since Art Monk. Thrash is one of the players on the team in which rookies could aspire to be like in the coming years of their career and be able to look back and be proud of their achievements. Aaaah, to hell with it amaprius...lets cut him:insane:.

Archived