Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's official. ESPN reports Moss signs 6 year extension worth $31 million (MERGED)

Can you image what this place would be like if the Cowboys or Eagles gave a marginal receiver like Moss a signing bonus that big? You'd all be killing them, but since the Redskins did it most of you love it and praise it. I understand this is a Redskins site and that's to be expected, but don't act like you're objective at all.

Schein and Riggins are now talking this up. They are both saying that the whole Moss "hold-out" rumors were created by Rosenhaus in order to give Taylor a hangout buddy while he is getting mentally fit for football.

Said they feel that Taylor doesnt really want nor expects another penny more than his contract states and really wanted the "time away" to clear his head.

Originally posted by PhiladelphiaFecals

Can you image what this place would be like if the Cowboys or Eagles gave a marginal receiver like Moss a signing bonus that big? You'd all be killing them, but since the Redskins did it most of you love it and praise it. I understand this is a Redskins site and that's to be expected, but don't act like you're objective at all.

Moss is better than a "marginal reciever." He is in the top 20 in the league, and he had better stats than Coles last year. And I'm not talking about receps and yards, but percentage of catches with balls thrown, catches for first downs, etc. Don't forget Coles had the most balls thrown to him all year. Moss would have gotten over 100 catches and 1000+ yards. Plus with an improved offensive system this year, a better QB, and more deep balls, Moss will contribute heavily.

And the Eagles are stuck in their own little WR contract fiasco, aren't they? Mark my words, in two to three years, Moss will be a much better WR than Owens, and that's after you pay him more than we paid our Santana.

Originally posted by SkinsTillIDie

Moss is better than a "marginal reciever." He is in the top 20 in the league, and he had better stats than Coles last year. And I'm not talking about receps and yards, but percentage of catches with balls thrown, catches for first downs, etc. Don't forget Coles had the most balls thrown to him all year. Moss would have gotten over 100 catches and 1000+ yards. Plus with an improved offensive system this year, a better QB, and more deep balls, Moss will contribute heavily.

And the Eagles are stuck in their own little WR contract fiasco, aren't they? Mark my words, in two to three years, Moss will be a much better WR than Owens, and that's after you pay him more than we paid our Santana.

1. You don't have a QB better than Pennington on your team but your OC can't be worse than Hackett. Moss should do well in D.C.

2. Moss better than Owens, that might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. :doh:

Terrell will be 34 then, you would hope so...

Yah, in 2-3 years, Owens will be 34, hence my "bold" prediction (which some above have scoffed at... shame on you). Moss will be better than a 34 year old Owens, and I am assuming the Eagles will cave in to Owens' demands for a new contract at some point.

And I meant that we had a better QB now in Ramsey than we did most of last season with Brunell. Thus Moss should have a better season than Coles did last year. And don't forget that Moss doesn't have that toe problem that effects his burst, and is one of the league's premier punt returners.

Originally posted by soljaofjesus

im sure somewere along the line it does.. but we pay out 11 mill in 2 years? I wonder how we are going to do that

The 11 million is spread out over the 6 year contract for salary cap purposes.

Originally posted by Hooper

Didn't the Jets bench Moss last year as a punt returner?

Yes. He kept running out of bounds (the coaches got fed up with it) but if he's able to hit a seam chalk up 6.

He doesn't like contact, will alligator some passes over the middle as well.

Not that I'm trying to defend Coles, but he was playing many games with a dislocated finger.

Originally posted by jchild

Moss is not a better receiver than Mushin! He may be younger but he isn't as good or at least hasn't shown it up to this point in his career.

I can only imagine he means that in long term potential because Mushin probably only has 2-4 productive years left in his career, plus he's done quite a bit of vanishing in recent years other than what he did this past season and during the panthers stretch run in late '03 and during the playoffs.

It's a typical Redskin deal. Throwing mad jack at other peoples problems, and lowballing our own guys. Ridiculous and so tiresome. If it's true that Coles would have paid back his bonus for freedom, or a portion of it, than this is the height of idiocy (essentially payint out 20 million in SB's to the ghost of Coles, and WR in Moss who has yet to prove he's a great starter, let alone a nice #2 option). Either way though, this is a bad deal. It's All Pro/Pro Bowl money and he isn't either. Maybe he will someday, but he hasn't earned this huge pay day.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

I'm just glad that everyone seems ok with this. When you first traded for him, people were outraged when it was even suggested Moss would get a double digit signing bonus:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=96508&highlight=moss+new+deal+bonus

sssssss, this isn't relevant for such and such a reason

Archived