Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's official. ESPN reports Moss signs 6 year extension worth $31 million (MERGED)

Originally posted by Blue Collar Skins

Question: Since it is a 6 Year Extention does that mean the Bonuses will be spread out over 7 Years instead of 6 Years since we already have him under contract for this year?

Once he signs the new contract, the old one is null and void.

Originally posted by jrfriedm

Once he signs the new contract, the old one is null and void.

That isn't true actually. If this is a true extension, the original contract remains in place, and this deal just extends the length, meaning this year of the original still is in place.

Originally posted by PleaseBlitz

Glad they are finally to terms. I think that is still too much for an unproven guy that they only got because they were basically forced to. I will withhold judgement until i know the particulars of how the terms are structured.

Two critical TD's in a playoff game last season is proves what he's capable of.

Originally posted by jbooma

Yep every coach's philosophy is not starting their best players :doh:

Jbooma,

Actually, it's more about you believing that Moss would really be the third option on that team. Kind of funny when you look at the recently produced numbers of the Jets two starters at WR. I can't fathom who would start over Moss? The career return man Jonathan Carter, or the declining Wayne Chrebet? Moss more than likely deserved the #1 spot over McCareins based on production.

Justin McCareins

Rec Yds Avg. TDs

2003 47 813 17.3 7

2004 56 770 13.8 4

Santana Moss

Rec Yds Avg. TDs

2003 74 1105 14.9 10

2004 45 838 18.6 5

Originally posted by KingdomBankcard

Well were down to only one not in for the voluntary workouts and Taylor will be here. Not bad Coach G, I charactorize that as a change in corporate culture.

I'm a little afraid that Taylor holds out for camp, I haven't really heard what's Taylor possition. Exept for what Portis said about him wanting some time off.

Moss is going to shock everybody, he had no complementry speed in NY, our new receiver corp maybe has the best speed in the league with Taylor, Brown, Moss and Patten will be impossible to defend, and add Portis out of the backfield. It will open up the middle seem routes for TE and H as weel. This is excellent compensation, for the skins and very fair for Moss. he will average about 4.5 Million per seasons if he hits all of his bonuses.

Archived