Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who can cover our 4 wide set all you WR corps haters???

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

This isn't Playstation a passing attack like that more bad will happen then good. It's not our style Musgave came in and what do we do? Move up to draft a qb that means we didn't have someone smart enough to make the right decisions with the ball. So 4 receiver set is out of the question unless were behind by 20 with 5 minutes to go.

it was brought up as a wrinkle not a goto set a pure example of the depth we have. I have seen the Pats drop 5 wides from the gate when teams were prepped for nothing but a run.

:point2sky

Originally posted by ohioskinfan

we can put 3 recivers in the formation with sub 4.4 speed, i dont know if anyother nfl team can !!! doubt it.

I doubt Taylor runs under 4.4, but even if he does...I can think of Minny right off the bat...

Burleson, Campbell, and Williamson...

I'll bet Oakland can too..with Moss & some combination of Gaberiel, Whitehead, and Curry....I don't think Porter runs under 4.4

but then again...the difference between 10ths of a second in 40 time are waaay overrated.

How quick and smart the WR's are on the football field with pads on is what matters...and in that area we have a lot of unproven guys.

Originally posted by 3rd Generation Die Hard

Moss - Mccants or Hot rod - Jacobs - Patten shotgun 4 wide. There has to be 2 mismatches at all times in this set. In case you all have forgotten about taylor jacobs he has tremendous upside and is about the quality reciever we would have recieved at pick 25 if thats the route we wouldve gone. :point2sky

I see Steve Spurrier has started posting here....

Originally posted by fwo40

I doubt Taylor runs under 4.4, but even if he does...I can think of Minny right off the bat...

Burleson, Campbell, and Williamson...

I'll bet Oakland can too..with Moss & some combination of Gaberiel, Whitehead, and Curry....I don't think Porter runs under 4.4

but then again...the differnece between 10ths of a second in 40 time are waaay overrated.

Can Gabrieal or whitehead catch and run routes or are they just track stars like oaklands new corners

Id rather have 3 solid WR's that 1 superstar anyday

Originally posted by Riggo-toni

I see Steve Spurrier has started posting here....

I see an idea to take advantage of the new pass coverage rules. this is a wrinkle you know like something the other team isnt looking for at the start of the game to catch them of guard. I brought this up as a way to simply show depth not as a goto Package. No way do I want a spurier offense :puke: but i will take a page out of it if I can use it to my advantage

oh so what exactly are your qualifications? yea madden 92-05

:doh:

So anyone who disagrees with you learned football strategy from Madden? What makes you say I play the game in the first place?

Can Gabrieal or whitehead catch and run routes or are they just track stars like oaklands new corners

Id rather have 3 solid WR's that 1 superstar anyday

Okay, but let's compare the entire group....Moss, Porter, Curry, Gabriel, Whitehead...vs Little Moss, Rod Gardner, Patten, Jacobs, Dmac

Their Moss is the best WR in the game.

Porter & Curry are as talented or more (I believe more...since Curry will blow up soon)so than Gardner & Patten...

and then Gabriel & Whitehead vs Jacobs and DMac...abotu a push there.

So Oakland does have 3 solid WR's....and one of them is a susperstar....

objectively looking at our group of WR's we are not that special even with depth.

Originally posted by mookie0720

And to answer your question....virtually every team in football.

Our QB won't have any time to throw, and we don't have the physically overpowering recievers who can get open quickly on their own in man coverage....

:laugh:

Every team except Minny, SF, and the Giants. And that was last year when Gibbs didn't trust the QB or the receivers:doh:

I hate to keep picking on you mookie, but sheeeesh bro. Do you even like the Skins?

What do you mean we don't have receivers who can get open quickly?

Moss is a far bigger threat on the quick hitch then Coles was last year. I've watched plenty of Jets football, trust me Moss was a threat ANYTIME he touched the ball. He also is able to slant as good as any receiver in football. I've seen him take it to the HOUSE on slants and hitches, basically our entire passing offense last year:laugh:

Originally posted by illone

:laugh:

Every team except Minny, SF, and the Giants. And that was last year when Gibbs didn't trust the QB or the receivers:doh:

I hate to keep picking on you mookie, but sheeeesh bro. Do you even like the Skins?

What do you mean we don't have receivers who can get open quickly?

Moss is a far bigger threat on the quick hitch then Coles was last year. I've watched plenty of Jets football, trust me Moss was a threat ANYTIME he touched the ball. He also is able to slant as good as any receiver in football. I've seen him take it to the HOUSE on slants and hitches, basically our entire passing offense last year:laugh:

Great Post

:cheers:

you are 20 and grew up in the heart of the madden era. You said "you had experience" I was curious to as what

:wewantd:

Find where I said "I have experience" for me, because I don't recall saying that.

If you're referring to this,

I love people with 17 posts informing us of the experience we have on this board.

I was stating that you, for no reason, assumed the people on this board (many of whom did not grow up in the Madden era as you pointed out I did) were basing all of their statements on what works in Madden.

I've been following football all my life and I played in high school. I do play Madden, but I didn't learn strategy from it. Just the opposite, I'm disappointed in how skewed it is toward the passing game.

If you want to talk qualifications, let's hear yours before you run around pointing fingers.

Originally posted by dfitzo53

Find where I said "I have experience" for me, because I don't recall saying that.

If you're referring to this,

I was stating that you, for no reason, assumed the people on this board (many of whom did not grow up in the Madden era as you pointed out I did) were basing all of their statements on what works in Madden.

I've been following football all my life and I played in high school. I do play Madden, but I didn't learn strategy from it. Just the opposite, I'm disappointed in how skewed it is toward the passing game.

If you want to talk qualifications, let's hear yours before you run around pointing fingers.

I was challanging your knowledge and its good to hear you know what madden has made people believe they know. 12 years playing football, 4 years high school 1st all district DE sr. year high schol. 1 year coaching the little skins.

3rd Die Hard since 92'

Originally posted by fwo40

Okay, but let's compare the entire group....Moss, Porter, Curry, Gabriel, Whitehead...vs Little Moss, Rod Gardner, Patten, Jacobs, Dmac

Their Moss is the best WR in the game.

Porter & Curry are as talented or more (I believe more...since Curry will blow up soon)so than Gardner & Patten...

and then Gabriel & Whitehead vs Jacobs and DMac...abotu a push there.

So Oakland does have 3 solid WR's....and one of them is a susperstar....

objectively looking at our group of WR's we are not that special even with depth.

I totally agree.

Porter and Curry are much better than Gardner and Patten.

If anyone saw Curry play last year you would know that he's going to be great. He actually showed all the potential to become great that we all hope Jacobs is going to show this year.

To even compare the Raiders corps to ours is a complete joke, and an insult to them.

Moss, Porter, Curry, and Gabriel are all big, strong, physical, and have speed.

All of them can get open in man coverage in a short period of time.

Ramsey would have an absolute field day with that group.

Originally posted by illone

Don't underestimate Taylor Jacobs. Guy has wheeeeels. He was a beast in College.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/profiles/jacobs_taylor

Not to split hairs here, but that shows Taylor ran a 4.42, which does not mean sub 4.4 speed....

Taylor I think will be able to play, but the main thesis of this thread seems to be that talent wise 1-4 the Skins can put the deepest corps in the league.

A lot of that "talent" has been referenced in speed particulary...with some posters saying they don't think any other team in the league can put up 4 guys as fast we could...and I am saying that at least Oakland can, probably Minnesota.....and that talent wise 1-4 I would like to add probably Detroit & Arizona to that mix.

And that's only 1-4 which you wouldn't run all game either...if we are talking about teams that could put up better 1-3's than we'd be right at the middle of the pack or lower.

For all upside Jacobs has (and I believe he could have) he hasn't proved anything on the field....Moss and Coles are like clones of each other, so IMO no serious upgrade there....and 50/50 is well...you know....

A 4 Wr set might be nice for a change of pace..but to tout it as a potential advantage...is a little premature.

Originally posted by mookie0720

I totally agree.

Porter and Curry are much better than Gardner and Patten.

If anyone saw Curry play last year you would know that he's going to be great. He actually showed all the potential to become great that we all hope Jacobs is going to show this year.

To even compare the Raiders corps to ours is a complete joke, and an insult to them.

Moss, Porter, Curry, and Gabriel are all big, strong, physical, and have speed.

All of them can get open in man coverage in a short period of time.

Ramsey would have an absolute field day with that group.

I don't think the premise of the thread was to compare recieving corps, only to point out that we could have some sound options in the passing game if the O scheme is adapted to take advantage of both the speed of the crew along with blocking formations involving the line, FB's, TE's HB's.

I don't believe 3rd gen is reaching too far in his hopes knowing the details about each of our guys.

The key, in my tiny mind, is that it all must come together as an entire offensive unit and scheme. If any one part falls apart like the line did last season, iy won't work.

Personally, I'm excited to see what happens and am generally positive that the "wrinkles" he was speaking of are at least possible.

We can't compare last season's WR performance to what we may expect this year because it's apples to oranges overall.

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

I don't think the premise of the thread was to compare recieving corps, only to point out that we could have some sound options in the passing game if the O scheme is adapted to take advantage of both the speed of the crew along with blocking formations involving the line, FB's, TE's HB's.

I don't believe 3rd gen is reaching too far in his hopes knowing the details about each of our guys.

The key, in my tiny mind, is that it all must come together as an entire offensive unit and scheme. If any one part falls apart like the line did last season, iy won't work.

Personally, I'm excited to see what happens and am generally positive that the "wrinkles" he was speaking of are at least possible.

We can't compare last season's WR performance to what we may expect this year because it's apples to oranges overall.

Couldnt have said it better myself, glad someone is catching my vibe

lets not sleep On JT james thrash. Speed doesnt make a reciever. Thrash moss and patten all solid, rod (time to earn a contract) mccants and jacobs all have the upside and I am optomistic 1 or 2 of them may find it

I will sleep on James Thrash at WR.

Moss, Gardner, Jacobs, Patten, McCants is all that should see the field on offense next year.

Thrash is awesome at what he does, and that's play special teams.

I don't think he's nearly the recieving threat of any of those other 5.

Maybe 5 years ago, but not now.

Archived