Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

In an alternate universe ...

Henry

What if we had traded for Bledsoe? Let's assume we gave up our #1 and #3 for him. We get Bledsoe, but then can't sign Trotter or Armistead. And for the sake of simplicity, let's just say we were not able to draft Ramsey, Bauman, Russell or Greg Scott.

Would we be more or less optimistic heading into this season? If our QBs were Bledsoe, Wuerful and Sage, and our LBs were Arrington, Jones, and Mitchell (or some such combo.)

Not trying to further an agenda here. It's June and I'm bored. Any thoughts?

I think there would still have been optimism considering the QB position was what held us back most last season. But I like where we are now better. If we can get decent play from any of our QBs we should be in real good shape.

I agree with Brave. I really wanted Bledsoe or Brunell going into this off-season, but with the moves we made, I think we'll be better off not only this year but for years to come. I got a good feeling about this kid Ramsey.If for no other reason, we're overdue for a franchise QB.

Trotter is a nice edition but at this point I hope we stay away from Sam Adams.I know alot of people have been saying lately that the way he's acting is similar to Deion.But IMO he's got Stubblefield written all over him.That's the last thing this team needs.

:laugh: Actually PCS, I don't know what the deal was the Bills got. Once Bledsoe was out of the picture I stopped paying attention. I just figured we wouldn't give up more than a #1 and a #3 for anyone at this point, so I was going with worst case scenario. Shrug.

Glenn X, they really are awful aren't they? I was talking to a Bills fan on Tuesday and he was gushing about how cool they looked. "Sort of the same look as the Broncos and the Titans" was what he said, reverently.

I could only cringe in disbelief. :doh:

Bledsoe is absolutely shot. People who are predicting Buffalo to go to the playoffs in that division are on crack.

I for one, am ecstatic that we finally have a legitimate young, QB prospect to groom. I'm only 25 so this is new and exciting. No more Jeff Hostetlers, Mark Rypiens, or Jay Shcroeder. Hopefully by this time next year, I will safely be able to say that the QB position is without worry for the next 10 years.

You do realize that Hostetler and Rypien both won a superbowl as the starting QB.

I can see why Bills fans are excited at the prospect of Bledsoe throwing to Moulds. That will be a tough division, though.

... and those uniforms are horrendous. :)

CAll me crazy but I just want to see this team perform consistently on both sides of the ball for an extended period of time. I really respect teams like the Steelers and Cheifs of the 90's and even the Bills.

Raising the Lombardi Trophy is sweet but that trophy ends up in the rear view pretty quickly. It seems like 30 years since we won it last even though its been only 10. I want to be able to go into every season for the next 6 years knowing that we're in the hunt. What's the point of making/winnning the SB if you're gonna just go back to sucking for 8 years in a row after that?

In the alternate universe we could have drafted OG and DT with the first and second round pick and gave up the 1st round pick in 2k3.

But I'm happy we passed on bledsoe and the cap busting contract.

I never wanted him in the first place.

I would have to disagree, I think it was a wonderful move...for us that is. When the Bills made the Bledsoe trade, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. I was soooo scared that the Danny was going to prematurely shoot his wad again and we'd have another Peon situation. Hopefully he learned his lesson on that one, but it'll be a while before I'm not worried when a high priced, over the hill big name comes available.

Don't get me wrong, Bledsoe is a class guy but I just don't think he's got much left in the tank after having the he11 :hammer: beat out of him for so many years. He may do ok for a year or two, but then the years and hits will start to take their toll and he'll be through.

I'm glad we got the picks we did and hope that we can groom our own guy in house for a change.

the Steelers and Cheifs of the 90's and even the Bills compared to us have zero SuperBowl victories to our one.

Almost gets you only almost and just a later reservation in the Poconos or Hawaii with the other half.

What I'm saying is the winning percentage over the decade is nice but what good is it if not one of those years doesnt mean lifting the Lombardi?

If S Double has 3 mediocre seasons out of 4 but the other lead us to SuperBowl victory he will get more praise and accolades than a Marty

Archived