Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

George Soloman (WP) on WTEM right now

E-Dog Night

Quotes:

"I wouldn't be surprised if Jason Campbell starts half the games in 2005."

"They should have found a way to keep Fred Smoot."

"The redskins seem not as organized as one would hope."

"If you had Coles here and injected him with truth serum, I bet he would say that he wanted to leave because there was nobody to get him the football."

"I think they are going to give Ramsey a chance, but clearly they are not confident in him. Ramsey hasn't shown that he can be a winner in this league."

"Is the line going to be better with Jansen? I think it will. I also think the wide receiver unit will be better"

Originally posted by E-Dog Night

Quotes:

"I wouldn't be surprised if Jason Campbell starts half the games in 2005."

"They should have found a way to keep Fred Smoot."

"The redskins seem not as organized as one would hope."

"If you had Coles here and injected him with truth serum, I bet he would say that he wanted to leave because there was nobody to get him the football."

"I think they are going to give Ramsey a chance, but clearly they are not confident in him. Ramsey hasn't shown that he can be a winner in this league."

"Is the line going to be better with Jansen? I think it will. I also think the wide receiver unit will be better"

Who the He$$ is this guy?

Well I think the curve ball Coles threw us and Moss and Taylor being idiots, did have some weight in us being a little confused on our plans. But I still think the long term plans of the team is still in tact, and right now thats all I care about. Getting out of the mess this franchise has been and making it better for the long run. Not just 2005!

Quotes:

Truthfully, I've wondered this myself. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. So I try not to think about it :)

They're asking him questions, he's answering them. I haven't written everything he said (I'm not a court reporter). It was a really good interview, taken in context.

Being an out of towner I appreciate EVERYONE who takes the time to transcribe ANYTHING going on in the local media that has to do with my beloved 'Skins, no matter how trivial.

So Thanks E-Dog... :)

My only point is ... the quotes provided here, once written down and attributed to an "official" reporter at an "official" new outlet, seem to immediately be taken for more than they are.

Try this little exercise. Read those quotes again, and first imagine they were uttered, verbatim, by a newbie poster on this site. For grins, let's call him ...

Originally posted by 11NOOBSKINS26

I wouldn't be surprised if Jason Campbell starts half the games in 2005.

They should have found a way to keep Fred Smoot.

The redskins seem not as organized as one would hope.

If you had Coles here and injected him with truth serum, I bet he would say that he wanted to leave because there was nobody to get him the football.

I think they are going to give Ramsey a chance, but clearly they are not confident in him. Ramsey hasn't shown that he can be a winner in this league.

Is the line going to be better with Jansen? I think it will. I also think the wide receiver unit will be better."

What would most of us be thinking?

"Deeply analytical stuff." :)

That's all I'm sayin'.

Originally posted by zoony

Being an out of towner I appreciate EVERYONE who takes the time to transcribe ANYTHING going on in the local media that has to do with my beloved 'Skins, no matter how trivial.

So Thanks E-Dog... :)

NP, always happy to oblige fellow Redskins fans.

Originally posted by Om

My only point is ... the quotes provided here, once written down and attributed to an "official" reporter at an "official" new outlet, seem to immediately be taken for more than they are.

Try this little exercise. Read those quotes again, and first imagine they were uttered, verbatim, by a newbie poster on this site. For grins, let's call him ...

Originally posted by 11NOOBSKINS26

Deeply analytical stuff. :)

Well, good point, but I'll give more credit to the former sports editor of the WP then 11NOOBSKINS26 ( :laugh: ). But I hear you - it wasn't like he said anything that we haven't heard before.

Possible exception: He wouldn't be surprised if JC started 8 games this year. I haven't seen anyone else assert that, and it would surprise the hell out of me, unless Ramsey & Brunell both got hurt for an extended period.

In regards to Coles.. The Skins were in a no win situation with the press.

1. If he was cut, The Skins would have been trashed for giving him so much money to go elsewhere, and nothing in return.

2. If he was kept... then all the articles about Coles being a cancer, and every game would be a PR nightmare... "journalist" would have said the Skins should have taken the hit... and traded him.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

"I'd be very surprised if JC started more that ONE game this year, and at that, only if the competitive part of season--read: the team's still alive for a playoff spot---is over ... AND both Ramsey and Brunell are hurt."

-- Om

Do the quotes give it gravitas? :)

Originally posted by Iggle in Exile

George Solomon has a Sunday column on page 2 of the Wash Post sports section. No offense to the guy, but it just seems like he's phoning it in. The column is mostly ruminations and randon thoughts; not reporting based on extensive research. At least that's my take.

So he's just like Tony Kornheiser now?

Originally posted by Om

"Deeply analytical stuff." :)

That's all I'm sayin'.

:) I feel ya' and what you're saying...

BUT

By that logic, Om, anyone's comments can be construed as ridiculous. Take any George Bush quote, coming from my mouth, and guess what... it's a little ridiculous. (actually, they sound ridiculous coming from him, but I won't go there :laugh: ) Take Joe Gibbs' quotes, i.e. 'We did really well in the draft' and they are not as credible when coming from a newbie.

I guess my point is, you HAVE to consider the source. In this case, the source is someone who makes their living covering sports and the Washington Redskins... not a message board 'newbie'.

Archived