Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Place to watch Skins games?

js161

Originally posted by Grumpy Vet

Gimme a break...when I'm in the basement - I'm watching on a 19" 12 year old Megatron.....hooked up to a Tivo.

Meanwhile, upstairs my wife and daughter are usually watching Sesame Street on the 36" Toshiba w/ Tivo.

Sad.....I know.....so don't feel too bad there Kevin - could be worse.

NOW I get the handle!

I'd be grumpy too!

About a year ago i bought the 70" Sony Xbr TV. Now that my cable company has come into the 21st century and added HDTV it absolutely awesome.

I'm 41 and this TV is the first Big Screen I've ever owned and I just can't tell you how good the HD is on it.

Just a little added thing for TV buffs out there. HDTV allows for a wider field of view so you can see the secondary set up before the snap on shots that the standard def would not allow you to see.

GO HDTV

HOF44

Bob

Originally posted by Kevin B.

But that is where I will be with the DirectTivo, and new secondary satellite receiver for the PIP hookup!

When is this company (directv) gonna make somehting PIP compatible that doesn't make you jump through hoops!!!???

When I got my new HD Plasma I had to buy the HD receiver, but keeping my old Standard Def box from DirTV only costs me ~$5 / month..... it's all i need for my PIP/Split screen... although I can only get HD on the one side.....

can't you do that up there ???

**edit.... nevermind, I think I see what you meant now.... **

Originally posted by HOF44

DirecTV = HDTV light.

Hopefully with the new satellite going up you guys that have to use it will get the real deal HDTV beofre much longer.

HOF44

BOB

Directv didn't recompress any HD games on Sunday Ticket from Fox last year. No difference from the OTA signal.

Originally posted by HOF44

DirecTV = HDTV light.

Hopefully with the new satellite going up you guys that have to use it will get the real deal HDTV beofre much longer.

HOF44

BOB

HD MD BD whatever... I don't live in the DC area so I have to have Direct TV to watch the GAME. Kinda like GV, I'd watch it in my basement on a 19" (black and white) if I had to !!!!

Originally posted by Kevin B.

When I move south later this year I'll have to drop off my 27" tv/vcr combo for ya Grumpy!!

Being in the basement with a 19" TV while your family is watching the new one upstairs should be the definition of beaten.

Seriously though, the offer will stand until Oct 1st!

Thanks Kevin.....very nice offer - We don't have a very big house....and we have (3) 19", (1) 11", (1) 27", (1) 36" and (1) B&W 7".....and two computers w/ WinTV TV tuners.....I think we have a problem.

As for beaten.....yeah - but not broken.....not yet.

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

NOW I get the handle!

I'd be grumpy too!

Now that's a Roger!....

Originally posted by BIGGS_DADDY

Nope married with one. No way in hell would I let the wife get away with that one.

Nah....not really a get away w/. I like the basement. Sure a bigger TV would be nicer - but so would a bigger.......

I figure some compromises are worth it - I won't ask them to leave the house or just stay upstairs or downstairs while the games are on....in return - I'll buy season tix (go to every home game), spend a lot of time on Extremeskins board and watch TV in the basement. It is a deal I can live w/.

Single w/ no kids huh

I'm with the other guy you better put your pants back on:) :helmet: :helmet: Sunday is the most important day of the week your wife should be making wings, nachos, Spinach Artichoke dip and watching the game with you.

btw I have been married for 2 1/2 years and have a 2 year old

NO EXCUSES:laugh: :point2sky

Originally posted by RDSKNfaithfull

I with the other guy you better put your pants back on:) :helmet: :helmet: Sunday is the most important day of the week your wife should be making wings, nachos, Spinach Artichoke dip and watching the game with you.

btw I have been married for 2 1/2 years and have a 2 year old

NO EXCUSES:laugh: :point2sky

Have you eaten any of my wife's cooking? Good lord man. Are you a sadist?

And watching the game w/ me? She took cross stitching to the one and only game she went to me w/. Just ain't her thing. I'm cool w/ that. There are certain things she does that are not my thing. After 7 years - a little divide and conquer is a good thing.

Nah....not really a get away w/. I like the basement. Sure a bigger TV would be nicer - but so would a bigger.......

I figure some compromises are worth it - I won't ask them to leave the house or just stay upstairs or downstairs while the games are on....in return - I'll buy season tix (go to every home game), spend a lot of time on Extremeskins board and watch TV in the basement. It is a deal I can live w/.

I belive every married man can relate with the man room (basement). I personally would have the biggest t.v. in the house down their. Oh well hold your head up my grumpy friend.:cheers:

i like to be on the couch in the living room, with the 32 inch magnavox on the skins games. my dad has this problem though, it's called nascaritis, he's always changing it to nascar in the middle of the game, it sucks. someday im gonna get a good channel reception in my room.

Archived