Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Replacement for Antonio Pierce

d151b

Not bad..but it is a highlight reel *lol* where is he slated/touted..3th or 4th round or is he better than that? I admit I didn't watch much college last season..so I dont know much about him. I mean would he be any better than Clifton Smith or someone we already have?

Lance Mitchell is a great story and I hope he makes it big time in the NFL. Year before last he tore his ACL and was out for the season. He was the quiet leader of that defense and did not want the attention. Then I read an article written here in an OK paper and it talked about how he grew up in the S.F. Bay area and was beyond poor. Helped his single mother out and raised his brothers and so on. As easily as he could have been a product of the system he wanted more and obviously made it to OU.

Its guys like him that take nothing for granted who deserve to get the big pay days and guys that I root for no matter what team they are on.

Mitchell looks to go somewhere between the mid-3rd and early-4th area. He's not really part of the top tier of MLBs which consists of Crowder, Ruud, and Thurman, but he's probably 4th. Another guy to think about is Robert McCune, who is a very impressive athlete, but is 26 due to having spent time in the military.

I think our MLB is already on the roster. If we draft a MLB this year than it's a good indication that Williams fears his middle will be soft. Something tells me one of Marshall, Barrow, Smith, or Barnes will step up and be the guy this year.

Originally posted by carter23

AP was undrafted

He looked aiight on the video. Average.

I am of the opinion that LBs can be found later in the draft and it is not worth selecting them early except if you don't have the freakish ability of a Lavar or a Derrick Johnson.

Besides that this guy looked kinda small.

he's the same size as Derrick Johnson. A lot of mock's have him going in the second or third but i think if we can pick him up in the later rounds he'd be a steal. If you don't think he's healed from that acl, then maybe you should watch the video again...

I think the choice will ultimately come down to Barrow, Marshall or Smith with the odds getting better of it being Barrow, at least for 2005 :)

Over the long-term I see Marshall on the outside.

Smith is a middle backer at 253 and has some talent from what we have seen in the camps and preseason.

Check out Clifton's bio and tell me this guy isn't perfect. He even likes his Mama and was an honor student!

Clifton Smith:

Smith spent the 2004 season with the Redskins listed as an "Injured Practice Squad Player"...He originally joined the Washington Redskins in April 2003 as an undrafted free agent...In 2003, he appeared in one game with the Redskins, posting one tackle...He spent the first 13 weeks of the season on the practice squad...He made his professional debut vs. Philadelphia (12/27/03)...At Syracuse, started every game during his 2002 senior season, finishing his career playing in 47 games and starting 44...Ranks third on the Syracuse all-time list, first among linebackers, with 36 tackles for a loss of 87 yards...Recorded 137 tackles (89 solo)...Registered career-first interception at Boston College and tallied a career-high 12 solo tackles at Auburn...His 11.4 tackles per game led the Big East and his 7.4 solo stops ranked 12th nationally...Earned All-Big East second team honors...Started every game as a junior in 2001, collecting 94 tackles for a second best team ranking...Played on Syracuse's field goal and PAT defense units...Named Insight.com Bowl Defensive MVP after posting a team-high 12 tackles (six solo) and a career-high two sacks and one forced fumble...Named Big East defensive player of the week for his 11-tackles, one-sack performance at Virginia Tech...Earned All-Big East first team honors...Started all games his sophomore year in 2000...Led the team with 108 tackles (for a ranking of 5th in the Big East)...Recorded a career-high 18 tackles (10 solo) and a blocked extra point against Miami...Recipient of All-Big East first team honors...Played in 11 games, starting eight as a freshman in 1999...Recorded 66 tackles, 37 solo...Named to the Freshman All-American team by The Sporting News...A native of Freeport, N.Y., and attended Freeport High School where he received numerous accolades including Prep Star's No. 11-rated linebacker in the nation's Top 100 Dream Team and the top-rated player in New York State, Super 30 Eastern Regional, The Sporting News Top 100 recruits, Gridiron Greats top nine linebacker prospects in the country, 80th-rated prospect and 10th-rated linebacker by ESPN.com and USA Today New York State Player of the Year...Also ran track and played basketball...A member of National Honor Society...Nanes his mother as his role model...Majored in marketing at Syracuse.

Archived