Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gibbs needs to step down as president...now

boobiemiles

Boobster...Boobalah....Contrary to your latest revelation, President Gibbs is exactly who and what the Redskins need. Unfortunately for Lavar, he is learning how successful individuals conduct themselves half way into his career. It's not so much a "Me" sport as it is a "We" sport. From a football perspective, LA (and I do love LA) was just brought up wrong. He wants to have a fuss made over him and his injury when in reality, he is in an out of sight out of mind status.

He's a great player who rarely plays up to his potential. There are, no doubt, a multitude of reasons for this. Coach Gibbs is not one of them.

Boobie-Dude, I will attribute your shortsightedness to your age. I will say you have gotten on the bad side of the rank and file here as quickly as anyone I've seen. I'll be keeping an eye on you. :security:

Originally posted by galentjm

Let's face the facts here. The jags took Leftwich in the draft in order to eventually replace Brunell, that much is no secret. You don't take a player with the 7th pick in the draft in order to become a backup.

Brunell getting hurt in week three forced Leftwich into the starting lineup sooner than the team anticipated, however Leftwich quickly adjusted. So much so that the team felt comfortable keeping him in there when Brunell came back. Putting Brunell back in would have made no sense, and would have most likely damaged Leftwich's confidence. However, I'll venture to say that had Leftwich been struggling mightily Brunell would have been reinserted into the lineup.

To me this isn't the same as getting benched. Benching is playing so poorly that the team feels that they would have a better chance of winning going with another player, and not so that the franchise quarterback may develop. That doesn't appear to be what happened here, and Del Rio has been quoted saying as much. The jags were struggling with Brunell in but not as a result of his play. His numbers weren't terrific but they were certainly much better than the numbers he put up here.

And as far as the stats, Boobie said Leftwich threw for OVER 3000 yards. He certainly came close, but his stats clearly show that he never eclipsed 3000.

Gotta go with galentjm on this over convince.

Originally posted by convince

What? After Steve Spurrier first year most of the guys on here wanted to feed him to the dogs. Gibbs is a coach right? so he deserves most the praise when the team does well, and most of the heat when the team fails.

He also deserves a longer grace period than whatever the default Madden franchise setting for coach termination is...

Joe Gibbs- Redskins head coach for 13 years. 4 Super Bowls. 3 rings. Came back to this sorry-a$$ organization to help us regain some dignity.

Lavar Arrington- Redskins LB for 5 years. Zero playoff appearances, zero MVP awards, zero sack records, zero, zero, ZERO.

Boobiemiles- Claims to be a Redskins fan. 1 BAD thread.

OK Boob. After sooo many years of futility I can understand your frustration. However, here's where your argument runs aground. A large part of the problem this team has had over the recent past is a lack of continuity and direction from a real "football guy". You contend that our problems would be fixed by making yet another change mid-stream hence ruining our continuity and, even better, going back to having Danny, Vinny and Pepper Rogers as our "football guys". Uhhh, no thanks.

No, I wasn't a fan of the Boo-nell signing. However, those of us who want everything yesterday are going to have to accept the fact that Gibbs is going to need a bit of time to get up to speed on the nuances of today's NFL game and to get a roster that he can work with. Because of F.A. and the salary cap hit involved in trading/cutting highly compensated players, it can take a good while to turn over a roster enough to make a difference. Sorry, but you may have to get used to the idea that this team may not be seriously in contention until 2006. For as long as we've waited with the likes of Norv, Marty, and SOS, I can give JOE FREAKING GIBBS more time.

Please wake up and smell the Joe dude.;)

There are so many nuances to the game, Joe should just concentrate on football. I know these coaches want to be the ones that pick the players for their team. But with that you have to take on the responsibility of managing the salary cap, being the bad guy that let go of players, etc. If this team struggles everybody on the team is going to blame Gibbs. He's the commander in chief, so the buck stop there. It will be pretty hard for him to convince his players to play their guts out if they think Gibbs made the mistakes they have to live with. We already have to live with Bruhell ( iknow I'm spelling his name the way it should be spelt). What next the whole team revolts. If we start to loose, it's going to make Joe's job that much harder. The team will loose confidence in Joe. Why not just learn how to beat the all out blitz, or find a way to make CP grind the clock out. Coaches should just coach.

ok let's break it down.

Smoot went for the money. But not that much more, he put his foot in his mouth and had to sign with anther team

Pierce had 1 great year , then got a huge contract which wasn't that much more then we offerd.

Arringiton has cried for 2 years now. He is probaly just mad he hasn't played in awhile.

Coles is such a baby. he caught 90 balls and it wasn't enough.

Moss thinks he is the other moss.

Taylor had one good year, and wants 100 million dollars

Brunell was a bad move, but at the time was thought to be a great move.

And man have we forgot all the good stuff he has done for us!! Long live GIBBS

Originally posted by boobiemiles

There are so many nuances to the game, Joe should just concentrate on football. I know these coaches want to be the ones that pick the players for their team. But with that you have to take on the responsibility of managing the salary cap, being the bad guy that let go of players, etc. If this team struggles everybody on the team is going to blame Gibbs. He's the commander in chief, so the buck stop there. It will be pretty hard for him to convince his players to play their guts out if they think Gibbs made the mistakes they have to live with. We already have to live with Bruhell ( iknow I'm spelling his name the way it should be spelt). What next the whole team revolts. If we start to loose, it's going to make Joe's job that much harder. The team will loose confidence in Joe. Why not just learn how to beat the all out blitz, or find a way to make CP grind the clock out. Coaches should just coach.

Why are so many people convinced that Gibbs can't do this job anymore? History shows us that he knows what the hell he is doing. Or have you forgotten 1983? 1984? 1987? 1991? Maybe the game has changed, but it can't be as different as football is to NASCAR. I know we have all condemned & criticized former coaches to the teeth, but Gibbs should be alotted a bit more wiggle room...especially from US! I could care less what the Post, Times, ESPN or any opposing team fans say, but damn, I'm tired of reading all these negative posts about Gibbs from REDSKINS Fans! So Gibbs made some mistakes. If you didn't expect him to, then it is you that was foolish, not Gibbs. Anyone who thinks that Gibbs won't be able to succeed in getting us back to the Super Bowl doesn't know much about Gibbs. And anyone who's ready to bash Gibbs at this point doesn't have enough patience to allow the greatest HC in Redskins history & 3rd most winningest coach in NFL history the space & time he needs to do his job. And probably shouldn't be a Redskins fan.

Dammit, I'm tired of threads like this from Redskins fans. :mad:

:logo:

Originally posted by Redskinswhoopass

ok let's break it down.

Smoot went for the money. But not that much more, he put his foot in his mouth and had to sign with anther team

Pierce had 1 great year , then got a huge contract which wasn't that much more then we offerd.

Arringiton has cried for 2 years now. He is probaly just mad he hasn't played in awhile.

Coles is such a baby. he caught 90 balls and it wasn't enough.

Moss thinks he is the other moss.

Taylor had one good year, and wants 100 million dollars

Brunell was a bad move, but at the time was thought to be a great move.

And man have we forgot all the good stuff he has done for us!! Long live GIBBS

Too many people believing every bad report that comes from Redskins Park, too many people focused on the bad reports, too many people needing something to talk about. Gibbs has already changed the way this Organization moves, yet all some people want to talk about is the Brunell decision & that these other players wanted to leave. As if, it's all Gibbs' fault that players want more money & are selfish, ignorant azzholes who obviously are not interested in winning. But, Gibbs should step down because of that. Right.

If Gibbs should step down, who should replace him? Because the way I see it. If Gibbs can't get this done, this team is in serious trouble & IMHO, there ain't no one who can get it done. So, anyone who says that Gibbs should step down obvious can't see much farther then their own nose because that would be disasterous. Catastrophic even.

Heaven forbid someone actually disagrees with Gibbs and is public with it!! There are some pathetic people here. It's not like the poster didn't have any reasons to feel the way he does. Look at this organization people. At this point, it's pathetic. If you think that I am not a "real fan" because I can see the painfully obvious truth, than you're also pathetic. It's unfortunate that people here can't have an unpopular opinion without getting insulted. The sad thing is, if this thread's poster was one of the "popular" members that have like a million posts, you guys would totally agree with him. :doh:

Originally posted by mookie0720

No they won't.

80% of the people on this thread will just call him stupid or question his "fanhood" or call for him to be banned and give no explanation as to why they think he is wrong.

It's a legitimate argument, with some factual errors.

Right now you can't say what Gibbs has done as president is anywhere NEAR beyond criticism.

I really have no loyalty to Gibbs as a team president. He has to prove himself there just like anyone else because he isn't a hall of fame team president, he's a hall of fame coach.

However I think he deserves more than 1 year to show he can do the job.

Mookie, couldn't of said it better myself. Now I guess you and I aren't real fans now. Uh oh!! :laugh:

Originally posted by DC_Native,NC_Fan

It's unfortunate that people here can't have an unpopular opinion without getting insulted. The sad thing is, if this thread's poster was one of the "popular" members that have like a million posts, you guys would totally agree with him. :doh:

Yeah right everyone always agrees with jbooma:doh: boobie started a thread about well covered issues then didn't respond to it for an entire day when he finally does, he backs up his argument with statements which are totally based on false speculation.

Originally posted by boobiemiles

You know what Gibbs loves god, and guys that "are christian". First of all don't bring religion into football, and I hope for the sake for God that he isn't using it as a formula to pick free agents. The ironic thing is Gibbs wants stand up, honest guys. Well honestly Bruhell should have given us back our money if he was such a christian man. Instead he robbed us, cost us free agents, and is sporting a wicked grin all the way to the bank.

Yes Gibbs is a Christian and yes Gibbs wants honest stand up guys, thats about all boobie has gotten right. Show me some proof of Brunells diabolical plan. Brunell has restructured his contract, at this point his salary is at a minimum, he has taken a back up role for the benifit of the team and has not cost us one free agent. Lets see at least one picture of Brunells evil grin.

Originally posted by denverdan

Yes Gibbs is a Christian and yes Gibbs wants honest stand up guys, thats about all boobie has gotten right. Show me some proof of Brunells diabolical plan. Brunell has restructured his contract, at this point his salary is at a minimum, he has taken a back up role for the benifit of the team and has not cost us one free agent. Lets see at least one picture of Brunells evil grin.

He's also not whining to the media about playing time or taking a pay cut..

Originally posted by denverdan

Yeah right everyone always agrees with jbooma:doh: boobie started a thread about well covered issues then didn't respond to it for an entire day when he finally does, he backs up his argument with statements which are totally based on false speculation.

Sorry dog but I have to work. I post my opinion and let you respond. The honest thing is that all of you are basing your opinion on what he has done as a COACH. I already said that Gibbs was the greatest "COACH" of all thime. But this is his second year as team president, and it seems like its worst than the first. I never liked the Brunell move. I don't like flashy has been players. Do you need more proof that Bruhell was a botched signing. The proof is in the stats my friend. And he couldn't blame it last year on a bum elbow. I never said I did not like Gibbs as head coach. He's a great coach, but some of the moves that he's made as our team president are suspect. I'm sorry if you think critisizing authority is a bad thing, but this is America right? And not every Christian is a stand up person. Man I wish some of you would stop challenging my afiliation as a skins fan. I breathe this team, and I don't care whose at the helm, it could be Jesus himself. If we're not winning I'll have to say something. Do you really like the Moss move, or Champ Bailey move. We gave them a 2nd round pick, for a guy that doesn't fit into his system. Why Joe? CB are more valuable in todays NFL than a star RB, but nobody is talking about that. Gibbs needs to squash all of this drama, and get back to football. We have a divison to win.

Archived