Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Super Mini Merge-Taylor #36 OR #21?

Doozinbrah

Originally posted by visionary

Not to be picky...but does Swanson usually answer emails to Redskins.com???

Originally posted by wilbur58z

Yeah, this Swanson stuff is bull****. He's Snyders personal PR man...he wouldn't be answering e-mails to this dope.

This isn't one of those ESPN boards. This isn't the WP board, or any other of those lessor boards. This is Extremeskins.com. Here, we set the standard that all other Redskins fan boards should try to follow. :)

Do you really think that this thread would have been allowed to continue, if the staff here hadn't been able to verify it?

OK,

why in the hell would stores be selling Taylor #21 Jerseys if he wasn't switching his #.

I mean unless these are not "real" Reeboks, that means somebody (either the Redskins or the NFLPA) contacted Reebok and had Reebok start to make new jerseys.

Also, for those who have seen the Taylor #21-- what stores?

I haven't read every post on this thread but other than seeing that Finishline had the #36 on discount, what stores are carrying the #21?

Finally, how come Taylor (I love the guy but what about some other skins?) is getting a 2nd Jersey made for fan consumption and none of the other solid performing Skins from last year have yet to get one.

WHERE in the hell are the COOLEY, SPRINGS, WASHINGTON and GRIFFIN Jerseys!!!!!!!!! I WANT ONE OF THOSE with my Taylor #36 Jersey:rant: :rant:

I went to the Skins store in Springfield and was told ST was infact going to change to 21 prompting the stores to get the 21 jersey's, but he is now going to keep 36. He said they had to take the 21's off the rack. Needles to say I was pretty happy, having now gotten over by purchasing the 36 one for $30. lol

Swanson has previously answered mails from many fans who've contacted him. I believe he routinely does this, so, the expectation shouldn't be that Swanson or the Redskins are above the petty interests of fans, but, that Swanson and the Redskins care about and RESPOND to the questions fans have.

Originally posted by Avg Joe

I went to the Skins store in Springfield and was told ST was infact going to change to 21 prompting the stores to get the 21 jersey's, but he is now going to keep 36. He said they had to take the 21's off the rack.

They don't know what they're talking about....

Originally posted by Art

Swanson has previously answered mails from many fans who've contacted him. I believe he routinely does this, so, the expectation shouldn't be that Swanson or the Redskins are above the petty interests of fans, but, that Swanson and the Redskins care about and RESPOND to the questions fans have.

AGreed if the Skins did not care , Extreme 's chat with Vinny never would have happened. Also Gibbs would not have had those 2 reach out to the fans radio shows.

thought maybe I should edit this, I was agreeing with Art and just commenting on the negative things peeps were saying.

Originally posted by goskins

Dustin,

Any word about a Marcus Washington jersey?

I mean the guy went to the Pro Bowl (the only starting Skin in 2004).....the guy deserves some props in the form of a jersey for the fans to wear.

I would GUESS we will carry Washington and Cooley this year. I think Cooley is more in the bag at this point. I'm not the buyer, and I don't make decisons like this for my store. I'll tell you this.... It's a tough business and our buyer does a pretty good job.

We could carry every big player and someone would still ask us why we don't have a Rufus Brown jersey.

Yeah buying for a store is very hard. No matter what you get someone always ask for the one thing you didnt get. I'm not sure how it is with Skins merchandise. But I do some buying for the gallery I manage, and people don't understand that one cannot just buy one specific item without having to meet some sort of minimum order.

Originally posted by DUSTINMFOX

I would GUESS we will carry Washington and Cooley this year. I think Cooley is more in the bag at this point. I'm not the buyer, and I don't make decisons like this for my store. I'll tell you this.... It's a tough business and our buyer does a pretty good job.

We could carry every big player and someone would still ask us why we don't have a Rufus Brown jersey.

Thanks,

I get that-- that's why you can do the personalized jersey at NFL shop and some other places if that player's jersey isn't mass marketed.

Plus, I know you guys are constantly hassled about when the new "Ade Jimoh" jersey is going to hit the shelves:D :D :D

I guess we wont find out till mini camp, draft party, or when theres another gibbs call in show wither sean is #36. Its all so confusing, but on othe other hand if this is the biggest 2005 offseason news Sean gets, compared to last year, ill glady take it.:helmet: Sean also has donated some money to a Florida school this offseason:

By way of the Miami Herald: 3/31/05

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BALERE LANGUAGE ACADEMY

The school received a $5,000 grant from the NFL's Sean Taylor, a former University of Miami football player, for its after-school program. Taylor, of the Washington Redskins, donated the money to the school's after-school program, which will be used to develop new programs for those students who remain in the care of school personnel until their moms and dads are able to pick them up.

The school will use the donation to provide the materials and resources needed to make the after-school program more meaningful for students. The school will provide extra-curricular activities, including tutorials, homework help sessions and enrichment projects

I would be sweet if your could order jerseys for lesser players from the store. Give the team alittle love, and return, maybe get a 8X10 of DG or something.

I'm still waiting for my Mark Brunell Authentic to come into your store. :laugh:

Archived