Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lets Get Your thoughts

jnova

Honestly speaking here What does everyone think is the MOST important aspect that our skins should be working on. In my opinion weve done wonders with the line by just adding raebach and our D line could use a little work but i mean we were number 3 D in the leauge so ill put it on WR but when u add Patten and Moss into the mix with the addition that Royal and Cooley have hands i think the most worry for me comes from The CB position.

If we were to add Brown, draft a corner and get Barrow back in return, I'd count this about as good an offseason as we could have dreamed possible, though, we may need to address receiver soon if it falls flat this year.

I really don't believe we have any holes in our starting lineup as it stands. However, I would say that we need a quality young player to develop at each of the following positions:

CB, WR, DE

Your guess is as good as mine as to the order at which that should/will be addressed. I say we take the best player on the board at any of those 3 positions wherever we are picking.

If the 2 CBs and Mike Williams are gone - I think it becomes a tough call to between a Shawne Merrimen, Erasmus James, Mark Clayton, and Travis Johnson.

Originally posted by jnova

Honestly speaking here What does everyone think is the MOST important aspect that our skins should be working on. In my opinion weve done wonders with the line by just adding raebach and our D line could use a little work but i mean we were number 3 D in the leauge so ill put it on WR but when u add Patten and Moss into the mix with the addition that Royal and Cooley have hands i think the most worry for me comes from The CB position.

I think some of us should be working on how to avoid writing run-on sentences. Wow, that was hard to read.

How's this:

Honestly speaking here, what does everyone think is the MOST important aspect that our skins should be working on? In my opinion weve done wonders with the line by just adding Rabach. Our D line could use a little work but we were the number 3 D in the league; so I'd put it on WR. However, when you consider we've added Patten and Moss into the mix with Royal and Cooley (both of whom have good hands), I think the greatest worry for me comes from the CB position.

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

It's his thing. I was surprised to see a period in the middle there. :silly:

Yeah, and the period should have been a question mark.:doh: I edited my response to provide him with a proposed revision.

A corner and a d-end. Even if Harris steps up, neither he or Springs are young and we need the depth. We don't have a true pass-rusher on our line -- God, when was the last time we did?

Drafting a receiver doesn't make much sense to me if we're going to pay Moss like a number one. And I'd like to see what McCants could do with some time.

We've had a good offseason, but most importantly, we will have consistency for the first time in ... :whoknows: Particularly at the coaching staff on both sides of the ball.

I trust we will be fine at MLB -- remember, Antonio Pierce hadn't played a lick of MLB for us before we cut Trotter and Barrow went down with an injury. All of a sudden, Gregg had anointed Pierce our starter, and the rest was history, so to speak. Although I expect Barrow to start, I'm confident if he doesn't that we can find an adequate replacement.

Jansen returning and Rabach signing are very good moves on the O-Line, and barring injury I expect our line to be a strong suit next year.

I also think we underestimate the abilities of our WR corps. I actually feel fine at that position. We finally have true speed, not Gator speed, and their performance -- as well as Ramsey's -- should be helped significantly by our offensive line upgrades. I also have a lot of faith (read: hope) in Taylor Jacobs, given the amount of praise heaped upon him by the coaching staff.

My checklist for the remainder of free agency and the draft would be:

1) If we find a partner, trade down. If we can't trade down, draft best player available at the WR/CB/DE positions at #9.

2) Draft or sign a CB to compete for the nickel spot.

3) Sign or draft a pass rushing end -- perhaps Courtney Brown

4) Draft depth at LB for back-up and special teams

5) Draft depth at WR OR have monumental improvement by McCants

6) Draft a #3 QB to replace Hasselbeck

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

I really don't believe we have any holes in our starting lineup as it stands. However, I would say that we need a quality young player to develop at each of the following positions:

CB, WR, DE

Your guess is as good as mine as to the order at which that should/will be addressed. I say we take the best player on the board at any of those 3 positions wherever we are picking.

If the 2 CBs and Mike Williams are gone - I think it becomes a tough call to between a Shawne Merrimen, Erasmus James, Mark Clayton, and Travis Johnson.

I'm with you, Dirk. Sounds like best-available at one of those three positions. You have to figure that whomever we select, they probably won't contribute as a starter right away.

I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm worried about MLB, more so than getting another cover corner. I liked Antonio Pierce before last year - I thought he always made a play when he got the chance and it's not just anyone that can be the signal caller for the defense. If Barrow is 100% then fine. If not, we may have problems.

Let's hope that Gregg Williams can work his magic again. I'm trying to trust that if Pierce was really that instrumental, Williams would've made a big push to keep him. But I fear that Williams really did make a push, and because of Coles, we just couldn't re-sign him.

So I'd like to see us at least get some good depth in that area, if possible. Perhaps we can call 1-800-mlbacker?

Archived