Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sean Taylor's Complaint.....

red zone

I have a reliable source at the VA Commonwealth Attorney's office who tells me Sean Taylor is filing a complaint against the VA State Police.

The complaint stems from his DUI arrest last October.

Maybe some of you legal experts can explain what happens in the "complaint" process and what Sean stands to gain.

Originally posted by red zone

I have a reliable source at the VA Commonwealth Attorney's office who tells me Sean Taylor is filing a complaint against the VA State Police.

The complaint stems from his DUI arrest last October.

Maybe some of you legal experts can explain what happens in the "complaint" process and what Sean stands to gain.

I'm not a legal expert at all, but I don't think he really stands to gain anything. They probably harassed him in some way, most likely something minor, and he probably just wants to let the State police know that he didn't like it. Mainly so they can potentially punish the cop(s) and not to get anything out of it.

Local NBC affiliate Channel 4 had a piece this morning on the charges being dropped. They did mention that he's contacted the Internal Affairs office of the VA State Police.

They also showed some of the police car-videotape of his stop. He didn't look too impaired at all, though when he was standing on one leg, he did teeter a bit and have to hop a little. But he seemed perfectly coherent and cooperative when he was talking to the cop.

Race shouldn't be a factor in the complaint because the cop was a black guy.

Originally posted by skinsaddict

It wouldn't suprise me. Va State Troopers think they are badass. I'm not taking smack on cops, but i think sometimes they think they are invincible.

I have lived in the commonwealth for 18 years.

They think they are (badass) because they are. They are trained to be that way. Except for around the major cities, some of these guys may be the only law there is for a couple of counties. When your nearest back-up may be 50 miles away, you need to have some attitude. I still get a little choked up whenever I cross the Jose M. Cavazos bridge in Dale City.

In case you didn't figure it out, I'm a big John Law supporter. :cool:

"They think they are (badass) because they are. They are trained to be that way. Except for around the major cities, some of these guys may be the only law there is for a couple of counties. When your nearest back-up may be 50 miles away, you need to have some attitude. I still get a little choked up whenever I cross the Jose M. Cavazos bridge in Dale City.

In case you didn't figure it out, I'm a big John Law supporter. "

That was a funny post...what a crock of balony. State police like most cops are ego-maniacs trying to somehow get even with society cuz they were most likely picked on in high school. My advice to all cops would be do stop hiding in the bushes and behind trees in the highway and go find some real criminals. And to consider these guys badass is a joke. Define badass please for me. Does it include insecure, corrupt, above the law, ego maniacs because that is not what I consider to be a badass. Badass is a man named Jesus Christ...pick up a bible and check him out my friend. This is coming from somebody with extensive work history with cops and family in law enforcement. It is ashame that several cops and corrupt state police ruin the entire law enforcement agencies reputation. They are a joke not meant to protect and serve, but to enforce a big brother fear in the heart's of every citizen and make money.

Originally posted by sweetness09

That was a funny post...what a crock of balony. State police like most cops are ego-maniacs trying to somehow get even with society cuz they were most likely picked on in high school. My advice to all cops would be do stop hiding in the bushes and behind trees in the highway and go find some real criminals. And to consider these guys badass is a joke. Define badass please for me. Does it include insecure, corrupt, above the law, ego maniacs because that is not what I consider to be a badass. Badass is a man named Jesus Christ...pick up a bible and check him out my friend. This is coming from somebody with extensive work history with cops and family in law enforcement. It is ashame that several cops and corrupt state police ruin the entire law enforcement agencies reputation. They are a joke not meant to protect and serve, but to enforce a big brother fear in the heart's of every citizen and make money.

you need to simma down na. police officers are regular folks and they have jerks among them just we do here.

i have a lot of respect for people who's main job is to find the worst of our society and get them under control.

Originally posted by flyingtiger1013

They think they are (badass) because they are. They are trained to be that way. Except for around the major cities, some of these guys may be the only law there is for a couple of counties. When your nearest back-up may be 50 miles away, you need to have some attitude. I still get a little choked up whenever I cross the Jose M. Cavazos bridge in Dale City.

this is one of the most retarded statements i've heard in quite some time. they aren't trained to be "badass", they're trained to uphold the law, keep the peace, protect and serve. why do you have to have attitude if your back up is 50 miles away and you're pulling over miss daisy? public servant, not trained badass with attitude and a gun.

Originally posted by flyingtiger1013

No dought that there are some good cops out there but there are a lot of power hungry egomaniacs out there also. I'd say about 50/50. As everyone else has already stated, they are not trained to be lethal to abuse there power. If I had a nickel for everytime I 've seen a cop abuse there power I'd be rich. However, I have seen them use there authority for good reasons also.

Originally posted by GIBBS4PREZ

No dought that there are some good cops out there but there are a lot of power hungry egomaniacs out there also. I'd say about 50/50. As everyone else has already stated, they are not trained to be lethal to abuse there power. If I had a nickel for everytime I 've seen a cop abuse there power I'd be rich. However, I have seen them use there authority for good reasons also.

50/50 sounds about right to me, but there's no way to really prove that. That's actually a VERY depressing ratio, too.

If they made college law enforcement curriculi a little tougher, and by proxy raised the pay for police officers, this would improve. As it is, any yahoo with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove about the size of his "john thomas" can eventually find his way onto your local force, claiming he's "protecting and serving" while he's harassing and belittling.

BTW- I have it on good authority that police officers are the biggest drink 'n' drivers you've ever SEEN. It's just that when they get pulled over, they get a ride home instead of a night in the clink. :doh:

I have a lot of friends that are VA State troopers and couple are

Special Agents with the VA State Police. My stepson's best

friend is going through the academy.

Some of their swagger may come from the extremely intense

training. I know the VA State Police is rated one the highest

law enforcement agencies in the country.

There are some bad apples in every group. I can say that all the

ones that I have ever known were great guys. Many, ones

still in the area, are good friends. Would they right me a ticket

or pull over if warranted...chances are they would. I wouldn't

expect less. It's their job!

Originally posted by riggins44

I have a lot of friends that are VA State troopers and couple are

Special Agents with the VA State Police. My stepson's best

friend is going through the academy.

Some of their swagger may come from the extremely intense

training. I know the VA State Police is rated one the highest

law enforcement agencies in the country.

There are some bad apples in every group. I can say that all the

ones that I have ever known were great guys. Many, ones

still in the area, are good friends. Would they right me a ticket

or pull over if warranted...chances are they would. I wouldn't

expect less. It's their job!

Thanks Riggins, I was starting to think this thread was being taken over by idiots. Jeez. Hate 'em until you need 'em. :doh:

Originally posted by skinsaddict

It wouldn't suprise me. Va State Troopers think they are badass. I'm not taking smack on cops, but i think sometimes they think they are invincible.

I have lived in the commonwealth for 18 years.

They are like that up here in NY too. Somtimes I just wish they could treat people as human beings; and be somewhat respectufl, like they expect from you. I'm not saying if they are taking someone down for murder, but just when they talk to a kid walking down the road or pull someone over for a ticket that they should be requred to be somewhat respectful to people. I'm jsut saying this in general, not with relation to the Taylor inncodent. Not all cops act like that, but the ones who do just do it to seem tough or somthing. I dont understand. :point2sky

Archived