Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 2005 WR

KirkNC

Are the Redskins done shopping for FA's?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Redskins done shopping for FA's?

• Yes
    • No
    • Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

That's probably what it will be. Should be decent, but not a dominating group. I think its a downgrade from last year unless someone improves significantly from last year (Moss? Jacobs? McCants?) I can see it happening, but I don't have my hopes up.

I also think we might end up drafting a WR, but probably not Edwards or Williams. That will help, but probably won't improve our WRs drastically automatically. Hope I'm wrong though.

Mcants will be gone and Williamson will be in. Too much info about he Skins targeting him. So this will be the deal:

Moss, Williamson, Patterson, Jacobs.

An excellent WR core that has speed beyond light years.

id prefer

Patten

Williams/Edwards

Jacobs

Thrash

McCants

But OldS,

You are forgetting about Coles/Moss. I agree. I would rather have Edwards or Williams. I would love it if we could get Williams, but I don't think it will happen. I see Williams going to the Bears and Edwards going to the Vikes. I think that the Bears will shunt Edwards from past history and we end up with a decision on do we pull the trigger at #9, which I believe we don't and trade down a few spots and get him at a few spots lower.

Originally posted by bnacpa

I doubt D-Mac is on the squad .... isn't Antonio Brown a WR?

I think Gibbs has given DMac a chance to get himself out of the dog house. DMac is somewhat immature... and hopefully what Gibbs did last season will have a positive effect on him to get his act together and work his way up the depth chart.

Dmac recently said on the radio he called Gibbs and had a good talk about what he did wrong. From what I read, DMac seemed to understand his faults and seemed willing to improve this off season and training camp.

We shall see how things pan out.

Originally posted by bubba9497

I think Gibbs has given DMac a chance to get himself out of the dog house. DMac is somewhat immature... and hopefully what Gibbs did last season will have a positive effect on him to get his act together and work his way up the depth chart.

Dmac recently said on the radio he called Gibbs and had a good talk about what he did wrong. From what I read, DMac seemed to understand his faults and seemed willing to improve this off season and training camp.

We shall see how things pan out.

I really hope this is true. Dmac was a good target for Pat in the redzone and in the middle of the field two seasons ago. He would make a nice possesion receiver to replace rod. It would be nice if him and Jacobs can step up since they are familiar with the offense already.

Maybe Patten was brought in to help someone like D-Mac w/ his work ethic. Also, I guess Moss wouldn't be a bad pickup. He's similar to Steve Smith, who's a pretty goood reciever/playmaker for Carolina, who came into the league the same year as Moss. In fact, Moss has more yds and twice as many TDs as Smith w/ 7 fewer receptions. One of the primary things I got from listening to Gibbs after the press conference is that he wants to throw the ball deep this year and also wants receivers that can create after the catch something Gardner/Coles post toe injury(the most overrated duo) couldn't do. Their YAC numbers had to suck b/c everytime I saw them catch a screen they were brought down and we all know they couldn't get open deep.

Every day the Moss/Coles deal doesn't go though it makes it less likely. Eveyone keeps saying the deal is done but it makes no sence what so ever for us ? Could some one please tell me why the Skins would want this deal now ? Moss didn't even have as good a year as Patten did last year and Patten is a 3rd reciever and Moss was supposed to be the No.1.

Also could i ask the people who are saying the deal is done what is thier source . The only person that seems to be harping on about this happening is Lenny P who also had the major scoop that we were going for Rolle at 12.02 on 03/02/2005. Other papers are repeating it but tend to be reguritating Len Ps words.

Not saying the deal wont be done I just don't see it being as cut and dried as eveyone thinks

Originally posted by bedlamVR

Every day the Moss/Coles deal doesn't go though it makes it less likely. Eveyone keeps saying the deal is done but it makes no sence what so ever for us ? Could some one please tell me why the Skins would want this deal now ? Moss didn't even have as good a year as Patten did last year and Patten is a 3rd reciever and Moss was supposed to be the No.1.

Thank you! My feelings exactly. How is getting Moss for Coles a good thing? :doh:

Archived