Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MERGED-Comcast sports net, Patten signed!!!!!

APBT

i dunno why any of u fooz are bashing patten, i think he's gonna surprise a lot of people. He's not a long term answer but he will provide solid performance from a spot that was previously lackluster at best. He's not huge but he runs his route and catches the ball - i think you guys have forgotten how effective that can be after watching gardner for 4 years. Whats the point of having size if you dont' use it. I don't remember any big possession receives being on the 3 time champion patriots team. He is gonna be good for this team next year, all i can say to you skeptics is wait and see

Originally posted by Grumpy Vet

I go back to my graphical representation:

receivers.jpg

If McCants is gone...50/50 is gone.....that leaves us w/ the Midget wideouts unless we draft a big guy.

Jam another lil girl wideout between the middle little blonde and brunette - that is Patten. Now delete the three tallest girl wideouts on the ends practicing dragging their toes......

...w/o drafting a big receiver - I present to you your Washington Redskin Receivers:

Ever hear of the Smurfs? The Run and Shoot?

Besides Jacobs is 6'0, McCants is 6'3"

and we draft Matt Jones 6'6" :D

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

You guys are being completely ridiculous. We brought in a 3 time Super Bowl winning, solid route running, field stretching, solid character special teams contributing veteran role model WR for our team. And you're complaining why? The contract is probably minimal. This is the best thing you could do for someone like Jacobs, and someone like Ramsey. Patten will be in the right place at the right time, guaranteed. And we're talking about someone who almost doubled Coles' Yards/catch last year.

Thank you! In reading the reactions, I couldn't believe it.

No, he isn't a glamour signing. What you get is a guy that

is a winner. He knows how to win and his leadership on

the offensive side will be invaluable.

Originally posted by Johnny_Blaze

wow, Grumpy Vet that is the first time I have seen that graph (dont know if you made it). Very good though, I did not even realize that we would have a very small recievers corp, this soldifies my pick for Mike Williams in the draft (fingers crossed).

Blaze

Yes sir....I made it....posted it a couple weeks ago - I think it is really telling. I'm not saying this new signing is bad - I'm just saying we gotta have some guy on the team that doesn't need a ladder to be able to flush the toilet.

Imagine our munchkins going up against a "Tayloresque" safety......I cringe.

I'd love to have a big WR in the draft - That alleviates all my fears about our WR corps not looking like a bunch of guys in search of Snow White.

Originally posted by section 226

I really, really hope not man. Gibbs has something up his sleve me thinks. What, I really don't know.

Maybe it's Gardner and #9 to Tampa for #5. That would pretty much guarantee us either Edwards or Williams.

Originally posted by garg8050

Maybe it's Gardner and #9 to Tampa for #5. That would pretty much guarantee us either Edwards or Williams.

I would do that in a heartbeat which means tampa probably wouldn't. I'd do gardner to Minny to swap picks too if MW or BE is there but I can't see Minny doing that either.

Originally posted by bubba9497

Ever hear of the Smurfs? The Run and Shoot?

Besides Jacobs is 6'0, McCants is 6'3"

and we draft Matt Jones 6'6" :D

Ok Postamatic......you have inside news that DMac is coming back?

Everything I have heard says he is gonna be working at the Landover Walmart this year.

If he's gone - biggest guy we have is Thrash - and according to posts I've seen - he's not even in the top 3 of our WR:

Coles - Patten - Jacobs -

Thrash only comes in on 4 Wideout situations....

Originally posted by Mad Mike

Why? Just throw it to the munchkin who is not covered. :laugh:

Very good point.....now that we have a "real" offensive line maybe we have enough time for Patrick to go through his 10 minute read process.

Hopefully - Ramsey worked on this over the offseason and will come out - do instantaneous reads and hit one of his dwarfs......just throw low Ramsey - throw low.

Originally posted by pr11fan

I would do that in a heartbeat which means tampa probably wouldn't. I'd do gardner to Minny to swap picks too if MW or BE is there but I can't see Minny doing that either.

If one of the top RB's starts to slip, I could easily see Tampa doing this deal. They would get their second WR and still be in a position to address the RB position. A lot will depend on what Miami does at #2. If they trade for Travis Henry, then they become less likely to go for either Auburn backs or Cedric Benson. You've got to think one of those three guys will be available at #9.

Originally posted by Grumpy Vet

Ok Postamatic......you have inside news that DMac is coming back?

Everything I have heard says he is gonna be working at the Landover Walmart this year.

If he's gone - biggest guy we have is Thrash - and according to posts I've seen - he's not even in the top 3 of our WR:

Coles - Patten - Jacobs -

Thrash only comes in on 4 Wideout situations....

OKay pointless grumpy poster

How do you know D-Mac won't have a bigger role next season? How do you know which recievers will start? Has the Moss deal been completed yet? Do you know who we will draft?

you assume too much, and try to hard to live up to your handle...

;)

I'm reserving judgment on this deal until I see the contact numbers.

If it's a small contract, it's a good signing. But why do I have the feeling we overpaid for this guy like a certain has been QB we brought in last season.

Regardless, this better not be all we are planning on doing at wideout. We're not going to like the results if the team plans on throwing out a group of Patten, Thrash/Jacobs, and a fragile Santana Moss (who we are inevitably going to overpay). :doh:

Originally posted by bubba9497

OKay pointless grumpy poster

How do you know D-Mac won't have a bigger role next season? How do you know which recievers will start? Has the Moss deal been completed yet? Do you know who we will draft?

you assume too much, and try to hard to live up to your handle...

;)

Ooops....I've angered him.

While I don't like to think I'm pointless - perhaps I am. I don't know for sure that D-Mac will not have a bigger role. He just seems to be conspicuously absent from Gibbs statements (and maybe that is a ploy to get him to work harder). I have no idea which receivers will start.....it is all fun and speculation in preseason.

Don't come down so hard on me....Postamatic is a compliment.

Being at every home game last year - I think I'm entitled to be a little Grumpy.....right?

....and if it helps at all to buy me a little latitude......I sent a check to Blade to be a Platinum+ contributor last week.

I can't get angry over this signing either....At least until I see the numbers. However, Patten is a Coles-type player, minus the flashes of psychotic homicidal maniac gestures everytime he gets a first down. He leaves it all on the field, and he's been a winner.

Archived