Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Coles to Minnesota for 1st round pick?

themaddog93

Not gonna happen unless Coles lessens the cap hit on the Skins. The Vikes are a pass-first team that should be to his liking. If Coles would void the $5 million bonus, I would gladly take the 18th pick. Its gonna be a mad March.

Why is it that the offseason seems to be more exciting than the regular season for the Redskins?

If we traded Coles for #18 we could probably draft o-linemen with 9 AND 18 and then it won't matter who we're throwing to. The O-line will be Fort Knox. How much you wanna bet Samuals has a miraculous return to Pro Bowl form with Alex Barron (learning to play in the NFL at guard and biding his time until Samuals is traded in 06) and a first round quality C guarding his right side...hmmm?

Originally posted by BurgundyBlood

If we traded Coles for #18 we could probably draft o-linemen with 9 AND 18 and then it won't matter who we're throwing to. The O-line will be Fort Knox. How much you wanna bet Samuals has a miraculous return to Pro Bowl form with Alex Barron (learning to play in the NFL at guard and biding his time until Samuals is traded in 06) and a first round quality C guarding his right side...hmmm?

No way we draft 2 offensive linemen in the first round. I think FA is gonna solve either our center or guard problems, hopefully. Also, starting 2 rookies on the line? It can work, but its not likely. Samuels will hopefully re-structure, otherwise he is gone this season. Thomas and Jansen are our 2 solid people, unfortunately they both play on the right. Ben Wilkerson is the best rated center, and he may fall to the 3rd round even it seems. Elton Brown and David Baas are both stellar guards, but since Brown is not staying in shape, he may fall to the 2nd round now.

I would not mind trading Coles and Gardner to the Vikings for their 18th pick. I dont see why they shouldnt, 2 decent wideouts to complement Burleson.

if we do get two first round picks, we should use the #9 on edwards, williams, or williamson (whoever is available) and then the 18 on a DE... that would be the perfect scenario :) and when Gardner is traded for maybe a 2nd we will go for a Center or Guard.. thats a very good draft IMO

Originally posted by themaddog93

O.K. Randy to Oakland for #7 pick. Minnesota has #7 and #18. Coles to Minnesota for #18 pick. Coles would love the down field passes from Culpepper.

:point2sky :point2sky :point2sky

First thing's first. Coles has to AGREE to be traded first. If he doesn't agree to be traded, he will kill our cap.

I doubt Minny would give us a first for Coles

I would Take a 2nd and a swap of 7 and 9

Skins get

2nd round Draft pick and 7th pick overall

Vikes Get

Coles, 9th Pick overall

I think coles is worth a late first at best

No one is going to trade a high first Rounder for a WR with a questionable Toe

Originally posted by bubba9497

not when Samuels signs his restructured deal. who says we'll release him.

Gibbs can play hardball :)

Oh, I agree. There's no chance in hell we release him outright. IF Samuels restructures, then we can trade Coles & take the hit (I believe). So, does that mean that everything is revolving around Samuels then & NOT Coles? If that's the case, then Samuels needs to restructure soon, so they can make a decision on Coles & stop all the insanity (I just has a Susan Powder moment...:ahhhhh: ). :laugh:

With both Moss and Porter off the Market.... Coles Value increased easily to a mid-high 1st rounder or a late 1st, plus a player or later pick

Coles Value wont increase because teams know he wants out and on top of that he is not even 100%

If we can get a mid First for him it would be a blessing but I just dont think its Logical

Late First at best is all we can get for him

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

Oh, I agree. There's no chance in hell we release him outright. IF Samuels restructures, then we can trade Coles & take the hit (I believe). So, does that mean that everything is revolving around Samuels then & NOT Coles?

;) Bingo, hence Gibbs statement about player waiting to due deals. Samuels signing is just around the corner, and will put the ball in Coles court :D

Archived