Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we move up at all using Gardner?

pr11fan

I agree with Warhead, no reason to move up. Its not worth the money.

I don't see a true impact player in the first round. There is no one player worthy of being picked number 1 overall. There are plenty of above-average players, but no stars. Last year, there was Manning, Rivers, Taylor, Winslow, Gallery, and Roethlisberger. There is a lot of talent to be had in this year's draft, but nothing worth trading up for.

I'd think the Redskins would only move up if they were painted into a corner and had to fill a need with a player bound to be picked in the first 6.

First... it would be prudent for the organization to be tighter than Fort Knox in terms of it's wishlist for draft day. With the Vikings now sitting at #7 and arguably ready to replace Moss with Mike Williams, ...wait for the Titans at #6 to get on the clock and offer them #9 and Gardner for #6. They've lost Mason... Berlin.... and McCaerins last year. They may feel their defense needs continued focus yet take Gardner to ease the lost of their wideouts this winter. Take #9 and go defense yet get a former 1st round receiver to move back three slots. The name of the game is stealth. Unfortunately, we have a mole in the front office that has Lenny P. on speed dial. :doh:

As Skins4SB said above, why not Tampa Bay?

They are said to be interested in Gardner so maybe we give them Gardner to move up to #5 and then at that point have whoever Chicago doesn't take. Tampa would then have a shot of the 3 top backs as moving down moves them behind only 1 team who appears to interested in a running back.

That might work.

Archived