Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just talked to The Mayor

The President

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

:laugh: "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

You do know that I'm kidding, right? I used to live in Va Beach & up until last night, I didn't even realize that Pungo had electricity, much less people who actually admitted they are from Pungo. lol ;)

That's why I have a big generator. Thank god for DirecTV. Downtown Pungo hasn't changed in the 30 years since they installed the stoplight.

See ya'll at the Strawberry Festival.

Originally posted by wskin44

That's why I have a big generator. Thank god for DirecTV. Downtown Pungo hasn't changed in the 30 years since they installed the stoplight.

Yeah your not kidding. I'm in Sandbridge and it hasn't changed that much except for the occasional Condo or 2 going up.

Originally posted by wskin44

:laugh: Ever been thru Opal? They have one stoplight, a McDonald's, & a Mobile. On one side of the stoplight is a sign that reads: "You are now entering Opal" & on the other side of the stoplight, there is a sign that reads: "You are now leaving Opal" :laugh: Gotta love small towns in Va. :laugh:

Originally posted by Doozinbrah

Yeah your not kidding. I'm in Sandbridge and it hasn't changed that much except for the occasional Condo or 2 going up.

The only condos (as Pungolians know them) are sold from a dispenser in the men's room at the Red Barn.

Originally posted by CowboyzSuckAzz

:laugh: Ever been thru Opal? They have one stoplight, a McDonald's, & a Mobile. On one side of the stoplight is a sign that reads: "You are now entering Opal" & on the other side of the stoplight, there is a sign that reads: "You are now leaving Opal" :laugh: Gotta love small towns in Va. :laugh:

I've been there. Even stopped for a burger and sat a spell.

Originally posted by gibby56

Well Coles is all but gone and we all know Gardner won’t be a Redskin, so that leaves two WRs needed. Also when Coles leaves it doesn’t appear that it will free up all that much money, so I don’t see us signing Smoot. Unless Samuels restructures and we use that money towards Smoot?

Also what is the status of Pierce? It looks like he is leaving. Has anyone heard about Barrow? Is he ever gonna play? And don’t forget we need a new center as well.

For a team that usually makes tons of moves in the off-season we seemed to be confused on what we are trying to accomplish or is it all mind games?

well gibby, i think that the only people confused are the people in this forum. NOT SAYING ANYONE IS WRONG, but i think that Danny and Mr. Gibbs are fully aware of what they need to do and the confusion is just a smoke screen for their detailed plans for the future of the skins. we do face some salary cap issues and will lose some marquee players but i do honestly believe that Joe and Danny have a very intricate plan for the skins off-season. i think that many players fate is already sealed but we want to deal them the way that we want to. no reason to release a player that we have under contract and not get anything back. i personally think that gibbs and danny are pissed that LC leaked the release info. you know that they have to try to trade him first. and as for cap issues with the trade, the team that is doing the trade will have to come up with the salary cap difference. that will free up money for us. well, i only know what i read and i do believe that the front office has a lot more information then we are exposed to. gibbs is a perfectionist so if anyone thinks that he doesn't control his own fate then you are mistaken. as for the mayor and others in this forum, with all due respect, we are only guessing. gibbs is methodical. anyone remember how it was leaked out that gibbs had told K. Winslow he was going to be picked before ST? well, you can't tell me that wasn't intentionally leaked. i have confidence with any decision that is made. and personally i hope Coles is gone with his broke ass wheel. get it fixed or be out. sorry crissy, don't feel bad my dog plays for Atl. (Peerless)

Originally posted by CoachTaylor

well gibby, i think that the only people confused are the people in this forum. NOT SAYING ANYONE IS WRONG, but i think that Danny and Mr. Gibbs are fully aware of what they need to do and the confusion is just a smoke screen for their detailed plans for the future of the skins. we do face some salary cap issues and will lose some marquee players but i do honestly believe that Joe and Danny have a very intricate plan for the skins off-season. i think that many players fate is already sealed but we want to deal them the way that we want to. no reason to release a player that we have under contract and not get anything back. i personally think that gibbs and danny are pissed that LC leaked the release info. you know that they have to try to trade him first. and as for cap issues with the trade, the team that is doing the trade will have to come up with the salary cap difference. that will free up money for us. well, i only know what i read and i do believe that the front office has a lot more information then we are exposed to. gibbs is a perfectionist so if anyone thinks that he doesn't control his own fate then you are mistaken. as for the mayor and others in this forum, with all due respect, we are only guessing. gibbs is methodical. anyone remember how it was leaked out that gibbs had told K. Winslow he was going to be picked before ST? well, you can't tell me that wasn't intentionally leaked. i have confidence with any decision that is made. and personally i hope Coles is gone with his broke ass wheel. get it fixed or be out. sorry crissy, don't feel bad my dog plays for Atl. (Peerless)

Well put. It is just that the Skins have got me used to singing big name players, and then I get excited and think we are gonna win the SB. But that never happens. I thought this year there would be a few moves nothing mayor, but we would be fine. Now we are losing 2 WRs and two big players from our D that was number 1 in the NFC. I am starting to get nervous.

DTC 4 LIFE

Coach Taylor, I like that post a lot.

I too agree that as fans we have to realize who is running the show. We have Joe Gibbs back. If we dont' win a Super Bowl next season, we will the year after that. He is just beginning to understand the modern day NFL, but it is only a matter of time before he masters it.

It's not a question of if, but when.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Originally posted by cowboykilla

I too agree that as fans we have to realize who is running the show. We have Joe Gibbs back. If we dont' win a Super Bowl next season, we will the year after that. He is just beginning to understand the modern day NFL, but it is only a matter of time before he masters it.

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

Lil Killa, glad to hear some more DTC voices on this thread.

I agree a SB is in our near future.

DTC 4 LIFE

Gibby calm down. it's gonna be ok. like you said we add big name players in the off-season but it doesn't pan out in the reg. season. maybe this year we don't need to go after the big names and focus on tightening down what we have. WE DO NEED RECIEVERS THOUGH. and we can do that through the draft (hopefully). also, not to say that i don't think pierce is a bad azz but remember he stayed in the game when we went into a nickel package last year. the reason, lavar was hurt. if we can keep laver healthy pierce would come out of the game anytime that a med. to long play occurs. with that, pierce's pt, stats, and our need for him decreases (may not be worth what he wants). it's not like they were going to stick lamar marshel in a middle linebacker position in the nickel. it would be great for us to keep pierce but if he goes we will be ok as long as lavar stays healthy. also, we need barrow in the middle next year. HE NEEDS TO GET HEALTHY.

Originally posted by CoachTaylor

Gibby calm down. it's gonna be ok. like you said we add big name players in the off-season but it doesn't pan out in the reg. season. maybe this year we don't need to go after the big names and focus on tightening down what we have. WE DO NEED RECIEVERS THOUGH. and we can do that through the draft (hopefully). also, not to say that i don't think pierce is a bad azz but remember he stayed in the game when we went into a nickel package last year. the reason, lavar was hurt. if we can keep laver healthy pierce would come out of the game anytime that a med. to long play occurs. with that, pierce's pt, stats, and our need for him decreases (may not be worth what he wants). it's not like they were going to stick lamar marshel in a middle linebacker position in the nickel. it would be great for us to keep pierce but if he goes we will be ok as long as lavar stays healthy. also, we need barrow in the middle next year. HE NEEDS TO GET HEALTHY.

I feel ya, but ? are starting to add up now.

Originally posted by cowboykilla

HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!

I like what CoachTaylor said in that post too, CK.

Joe Gibbs has a plan to take the Redskins back to, and win another Super Bowl. He will mold this team the way he did back in the 80's and early 90's. What ever moves he makes on players is only going to better the team.

Whatever Gibbs does, I will back him 100%.

If Coles and others don't what to be here, don't let the door hit you in the azz on your way out.

Originally posted by gibby56

As anyone hear anything on Barrow? Does he even have a knee left?

THAT would be interesting to hear. .. especially since most of our lack of concern over not signing A. Pierce stems from having a capable replacement in Barrow. Won't be any good, though, if he can't play.

Originally posted by skinsfan44

I like what CoachTaylor said in that post too, CK.

Joe Gibbs has a plan to take the Redskins back to, and win another Super Bowl. He will mold this team the way he did back in the 80's and early 90's. What ever moves he makes on players is only going to better the team.

If Coles and others don't what to be here, don't let the door hit you in the azz on your way out.

Your right D,

i won't second guess Gibbs either. Hell the only really good years the Skins have had are a result of Gibbs.

Originally posted by Skins11

How in the world can Brunell's deal be restructured since he already cashed in his 8.5 million dollar check? Unless, of course, he is going to give the Redskins some of that SB back, which seems illegal and would probably be challenged by the player's union.

I believe Brunell is due a RB of $500,000. He also has a salary of $1.5M. There's room for about $1.25M but anything would have to be a paycut like turning down the RB and decreasing his 2005 salary.

Originally posted by skinsfan44

I agree!! i'm on that bandwagon fo-show! to tell you the truth i'm not even stressing this off-season like i have in the past. gibbs will lead us to the promise land! :cheers:

Archived