Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I just talked to The Mayor

The President

I would have thought the same thing about DMAC, but the rumor I heard is the Gibbs decided half way through the season that Gardner was not going to be on the team next year so he wanted to play him and keep his stock high and move McCants to the starting roster this year, but if he did not play last year then we would have to pay him a lot.

Originally posted by gibby56

I would have thought the same thing about DMAC, but the rumor I heard is the Gibbs decided half way through the season that Gardner was not going to be on the team next year so he wanted to play him and keep his stock high and move McCants to the starting roster this year, but if he did not play last year then we would have to pay him a lot.

Ok, so then why not use McCants in the slot where he was the most dangerous and put up his best numbers in his career so far?? Is there a stipulation in Thrash's contract as well that he needs to play? He could of at least been in red zone packages in the slot to use his height and pass catching ability in the end zone. We didn't even feature him in packages in what we were terrible at...getting into the end zone. All I'm saying is if he was this secret weapon that we have on our roster you better believe Gibbs would of used him.

Gibbs came here to win games. He could of easily worked McCants into the rotation to get him some touches.

You just don't lable a guy who reminds of Art Monk, and was on record as saying so and not even activate him on gameday.

Originally posted by SlobberKnockinFootball

Ok, so then why not use McCants in the slot where he was the most dangerous and put up his best numbers in his career so far?? Is there a stipulation in Thrash's contract as well that he needs to play? He could of at least been in red zone packages in the slot to use his height and pass catching ability in the end zone. We didn't even feature him in packages in what we were terrible at...getting into the end zone. All I'm saying is if he was this secret weapon that we have on our roster you better believe Gibbs would of used him.

Gibbs came here to win games. He could of easily worked McCants into the rotation to get him some touches.

You just don't lable a guy who reminds of Art Monk, and ws on record as saying so and not even activate him on gameday.

I think that DMac is the man and would be great number two. Draft Edwards or Williams and we are all set

Originally posted by soljaofjesus

wow if this is true.. gibbs has said he will use jacobs more this season, if im not mistaken also said we should of used cooley more and will do that next season.

and now Dmac apart a big part. I smell

Yeah, I didn't want to say anything in front of everybody, but..

Yes, The Mayor of Fed Ex Field.

As you guys know, he has some inside sources with the Redskins.

Here is what he e-mailed me.

This Coles release is not a done deal yet. If it goes through, and he repays a portion of his signing bonus, then look for us to use that to resign Fred Smoot.

If we can get Samuels to redo his deal, that money will be used on Antonio Pierce.

Brunell will be approached, if he hasnt already, on re doing his deal.

The Redskins are real high on Ryan Clark, and he should be resigned any day.

Moss is not on the radar screen, nor is Plaxico.

McCants will be a big part of the offense this year.

You guys can take this anyway you want, Smoot21 has connections.

I have no idea who the Mayor might be, but here is what is wrong with his inside info:

Even if Coles agrees not to take his $5 mil 4/2 payment on his original signing bonus, he still will cost the Skins $923,000 MORE in '05 than if he stays. So there is no money for Smoot in any Coles release/trade. There would actually be LESS money available.

Ryan Clark was signed to a two year deal last year and is on the roster for 2005.

If McCants was going to be a big part of our offense then why didn't Gibbs even mention his name when he listed our WRs yesterday?

I'm not sure, but I don't think that a player can rework his contract the season after originally signing it or the season after reworking it. Brunell just signed last year so he wouldn't be able to rework it until the '06 season.

I wonder if the Mayor of FedEx has some habits in common with a former Mayor of D.C.

Originally posted by wskin44

I have no idea who the Mayor might be, but here is what is wrong with his inside info:

Even if Coles agrees not to take his $5 mil 4/2 payment on his original signing bonus, he still will cost the Skins $923,000 MORE in '05 than if he stays. So there is no money for Smoot in any Coles release/trade. There would actually be LESS money available.

Ryan Clark was signed to a two year deal last year and is on the roster for 2005.

If McCants was going to be a big part of our offense then why didn't Gibbs even mention his name when he listed our WRs yesterday?

I'm not sure, but I don't think that a player can rework his contract the season after originally signing it or the season after reworking it. Brunell just signed last year so he wouldn't be able to rework it until the '06 season.

I wonder if the Mayor of FedEx has some habits in common with a former Mayor of D.C.

Well if you have never met the mayor you are missing out, but commonsense would tell me that the Redskins would not agree to a deal that has us paying him more money to be off the team then on. With that said we will have to wait and see. As far as Clark he made have another year, but that doesn’t mean that he can’t sign a loner deal, that possible give us more money this year. Also if Samuels restructures then we could sign Smoot.

I wish Brunell would give back money. I dont think he can restructure as we would have to take his current signing bonus into consideration. However, instead if he would just give back some of that money, I mean, his salary for being a backup is still over a million this season, if he would give back half of his 8 million SB, that would be nice. If I were him and know I sucked that bad, I would too.

Well if you have never met the mayor you are missing out, but commonsense would tell me that the Redskins would not agree to a deal that has us paying him more money to be off the team then on. With that said we will have to wait and see. As far as Clark he made have another year, but that doesn’t mean that he can’t sign a loner deal, that possible give us more money this year. Also if Samuels restructures then we could sign Smoot.

We wouldn't be paying him another dime, but the $4.28 cap hit in 2005 would be considered "dead cap money". It would only include money already paid to LC.

The quote was that the Mayor said that Clark would be "resigned", not that his existing deal would be reworked or his contract extended.

The quote says that Samuels restructure would be used to sign Pierce, not Smoot.

I guess I'm really missing out, never having met the Mayor. I'm sure he's a fine fellow and a great fan.

Originally posted by Ernie5

Brunell isn''t restructuring anything.

I would think they did the same with Brunell as Coles. He probably didnt get all the SB up front. Maybe Gibbs can pull a God thing in him. There must be something in the bible to cover this situation.

I sure hope they can working something out with him because his contract is the biggest problem. He is like 3-4M bench warmer.

Thats exspensive when you can get a nice heater for $100

Originally posted by hands11

I would think they did the same with Brunell as Coles. He probably didnt get all the SB up front. Maybe Gibbs can pull a God thing in him. There must be something in the bible to cover this situation.

I believe that Brunell's bonus is also paid out in installments. As far as the bible goes, I think that there is a procedure that calls for dunking someone's head under water until they get religion. The head dunker was called Joe The Baptist.

I believe that Brunell's bonus is also paid out in installments. As far as the bible goes, I think that there is a procedure that calls for dunking someone's head under water until they get religion. The head dunker was called Joe The Baptist.

:doh: Ya know, that statement does not surprise me coming from someone in Pungo. :laugh:

:jk: ...sorta ;)

Originally posted by bigpoppa

you know none of this is going to happen so lets focus on more important issues, like who we get for coles and who we replace him with.

BigPoppa!

Well Coles is all but gone and we all know Gardner won’t be a Redskin, so that leaves two WRs needed. Also when Coles leaves it doesn’t appear that it will free up all that much money, so I don’t see us signing Smoot. Unless Samuels restructures and we use that money towards Smoot?

Also what is the status of Pierce? It looks like he is leaving. Has anyone heard about Barrow? Is he ever gonna play? And don’t forget we need a new center as well.

For a team that usually makes tons of moves in the off-season we seemed to be confused on what we are trying to accomplish or is it all mind games?

Well Coles is all but gone and we all know Gardner won’t be a Redskin, so that leaves two WRs needed. Also when Coles leaves it doesn’t appear that it will free up all that much money, so I don’t see us signing Smoot. Unless Samuels restructures and we use that money towards Smoot?

Also what is the status of Pierce? It looks like he is leaving. Has anyone heard about Barrow? Is he ever gonna play? And don’t forget we need a new center as well.

For a team that usually makes tons of moves in the off-season we seemed to be confused on what we are trying to accomplish or is it all mind games?

I've been wondering about Barrow myself, but I haven't heard, read, or seen anything about him since the season ended. Of course, I have spent some time away from my sporting news & may have missed it.

I think part of the offseason confusion is that all the signings we have done over the past couple of years is starting to catch up with us via salary cap & everything that gets done now has to be done very carefully to avoid going over our cap limits. This Coles situation really doesn't help at all either. Until this morning, I was distraught by all the bad news about Coles & how unhappy he is. But the more I read, the more I think, "Just go. Get the F*** outta here. And take your attitude elsewhere." I think that has really screwed things up for the FO. Maybe I'm wrong, but from what I gather from the whole thing, that is what it seems to me.

Careful or I'll sic the Witch of Pungo on you.

:laugh: "There's no place like home. There's no place like home. There's no place like home."

You do know that I'm kidding, right? I used to live in Va Beach & up until last night, I didn't even realize that Pungo had electricity, much less people who actually admitted they are from Pungo. lol ;)

Archived