Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you think Gibbs will do in the 1st round???

AkaD

Originally posted by Griff

I think it completely depends on what happens in FA, and in pro-day workouts.

no kidding. Once we start seeing the FA signings, it'll be much easier to figure out what Gibb's will do.

That being, IF Gibbs gets his way and we find most of our needs via FA, then I see us taking Williams with the 9th.

But I suspect we won't fill all our holes in FA and if that's the case, we'll more likely be trading down. How far and who we'll get will depend on whose willing to make us an offer, as this draft isn't going to be overly trade down friendly!

Skinzfan4life-

I think you see my point. Teams with star wide receivers feel the need to "feed" them when they demand the ball so much. You can't argue with their talent, they're all studs. But they have offenses based around their abilities and they don't hold up against solid defensive and ball control teams.

Originally posted by AkaD

Williams will not be there when we pick. Guaranteed. Period.

Lates.

There is a small possiblity that Williams is gone but by no means is it a guarantee.

1. San Francisco 49'ers: QB or RB

2. Miami Dolphins: QB or RB

3. Cleveland Browns: QB or trade down & select OT

4. Chicago Bears: WR

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: RB or WR

6. Tennessee Titans: CB or BPA possibly WR

7. Oakland Raiders: WR

8. Arizona Cardinals: RB, Defense

So we are looking at Chicago, Tampa Bay, Tennessee, and Oakland as possiblities to take Edwards and Williams.

yeah all this is true... but you wanna know what else Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, and Hines Ward all have in common. They made the playoffs this year... im not saying that their teams wouldnt have made it without them, but i think they all played a pretty big part in them making it... i dont think the eagles would have had the season they did without TO.... so it can make a difference... i dont know who we are gonna take in the draft..... but im sure that Gibbs and his coaching staffs will all debate over the issues just as we are on this board... and i am sure they will make the best pick.... the draft is all based on past numbers from college.... you are taking a chance on any player you pick in the draft... how many first rounders have been busts... how many late late rounders have been stars... all i know is that I am EXCITED to see who we get and I cant wait....

Originally posted by GOSKN5

yeah all this is true... but you wanna know what else Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, and Hines Ward all have in common. They made the playoffs this year... im not saying that their teams wouldnt have made it without them, but i think they all played a pretty big part in them making it... i dont think the eagles would have had the season they did without TO.... so it can make a difference... i dont know who we are gonna take in the draft..... but im sure that Gibbs and his coaching staffs will all debate over the issues just as we are on this board... and i am sure they will make the best pick.... the draft is all based on past numbers from college.... you are taking a chance on any player you pick in the draft... how many first rounders have been busts... how many late late rounders have been stars... all i know is that I am EXCITED to see who we get and I cant wait....

You are so right ... it isn't like the Eagles have been to the championship game without T.O in recent years ....

:doh:

we need that second pick man. There are some great OG/C like Baas or Brown that I just think the Redskins need right now. In otherwords if we don't get someone like Porter in FA and we need to draft WR I would much rather have Troy Williamson and a second pick that we can spend on Baas than Mike Williams. Or if we get Porter in FA I much rather trade down and get a stud DE with the first pick and Baas with the second.

All in all right now we are a on average 5 points away from being a 13-3 team IMO and we need to have a stud OL to run the ball and control the clock. On D if we can rush better with our front 4 with Arrington and Bowen back and STaylor in the system for a second year (along with everyone else) we could be just a sick Defense that takes over games. Nothing more demoralizing for an opposing team not to be able to stop the run and then their offense to go 3 and out. We can tire Defenses to the point where by the 4th Quarter they can hardly stand up. Like we always did in our SB years.

Really. Gibbs answered this question as directly as he could. We will try our best to fill all of our needs in FA so we can pick the best talent available. Clearly if we still have needs to fill in the draft, that will be an issue. But Gibbs said they haven't begun to address the draft yet and are focusing on FA right now and I believe him.

I think right now it is imposible to say who we will draft or even what position. The best we can do is make an educated guess.

My guess is that we will be drafting a WR because the impact FA WRs want too much money. :laugh:

i don't think gibbs knows who he's going to pick, or even who he would like to pick. He's stated very clearly his first priority is free agency. That being said - I'm not seeing who we will be able to get in FA as far as receivers go. Gibbs already said no to moss, and basically said no to burress and muhammad on the radio show. For the same reasons, money, that basically rules porter out. That doesn't leave much. Some people say givens but he may very well be with the pats next year, and he is certainly no game-changer. We probably will go with a receiver in the draft.

What do Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison and Hines Ward all have in common?

What do Art Monk, Willie Gault, Jerry Rice, Michael Irvin, Alvin Harper, and Torry Holt have in common?

They were all WRs selected in the first round, and they all own Super Bowl rings -- 13 rings between them.

That was a crap arguement for not drafting a receiver in the first round.

Originally posted by kingdaddy

I'm tired of all of this WR in the first round talk. Just wondering, who is the last team that drafted a WR in the first round to win a Super Bowl?

Rams: Torry Holt. Next question.

It's hard to have an effective running game when they're stacking 8-9 in the box. I don't care how good your line is, your running game isn't going to be effective.

Looks like someone never made the debate team...

Williams if he's there. If not, he'll trade down and hopefully take an offensive lineman late in the first round.

Stop the Heath Miller nonsense. He's a good player, but we have far more pressing needs and taking him at nine would be a terrible, terrible move.

Archived