Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Am I The Only Redskin Fan....

SiCkSoULjA

Thats going for Philly to win the superbowl?

Don't get me twisted I am a die hard Redskin fan but I simply don't the Eagles as much as some of you guys do. I hate them in all cause they are a divison rival but they are no where near the cowboys level, I hate everything that has to do with the cowboys. I hate there fans, there stadium, there owner, coach there mothers fathers sisters brothers and there pets. **** THE COWBOYS

Maybe I brought into the "black quarterback" thing as McNugget will be only the second black Quarterback to win the superbowl. Today GO EAGLES!

Originally posted by SiCkSoULjA

Maybe I brought into the "black quarterback" thing as McNugget will be only the second black Quarterback to win the superbowl. Today GO EAGLES!

No offense, but why should this matter at all? What difference does it make that he's black?

I don't get the whole "rooting for the Eagles because they have a black QB thing." If whites did the same thing, they would be accused of being racists.

Sorry, don't mean to come at you like that, but this is a sore subject with me this week. See "Stereotype" thread in tailgate.

Originally posted by Painkiller

If I said I was rooting for Brady to win, because he was white. What would you think of me then?

See what I mean.

People are doing that because people have always said that black quarterbacks weren't smart enough to lead their team to a championship.

Originally posted by spjunkies

People are doing that because people have always said that black quarterbacks weren't smart enough to lead their team to a championship.

I know, and that's idiotic. If they are smart enough to play every other position on the team, then why not QB.

I don't know why people make such dumb statements. If McNabb wins the big one today in a blow out, it's not going to change the mind of anybody who would make a statement like that anyhow. They have a larger problem.

Edit: Happy Birthday by the way. :cheers:

Originally posted by Painkiller

No offense, but why should this matter at all? What difference does it make that he's black?

I don't get the whole "rooting for the Eagles because they have a black QB thing." If whites did the same thing, they would be accused of being racists.

Sorry, don't mean to come at you like that, but this is a sore subject with me this week. See "Stereotype" thread in tailgate.

If McNabb was white I would not be going for the Eagles plain in simple, I am not racist by any means but I just find it real questionable that 70% of the players in the league is African American and there was only 1 black QB to go to the superbowl and win it which was about 15 years ago.

Root for whomever you like.

However, if you feel such an affinity for the Eagles, I suggest that next year you visit the Linc....

See how many of the Eagles fans share your feelings of brotherhood. See how far your support of black QBs gets you. When you've been drenched in beer, had obscenities thrown at you, and escape without bodily injury.....

Then come back and tell me then how you feel about them.

Go Patriots.

If McNabb was white I would not be going for the Eagles plain in simple, I am not racist by any means but I just find it real questionable that 70% of the players in the league is African American and there was only 1 black QB to go to the superbowl and win it which was about 15 years ago.

What is questionable about one black QB going to the Super Bowl? How many white QB's are out there, compared to black QB's in NFL history? Statistically speaking, it makes sense. It's likely that ratio will change in the years to come though, with more black QB's being signed.

Now if you are saying that Black people are being kept from BECOMING QB's, now that's something different entirely.

I'm not talking about isolated incidents either. Are you saying there are broad, sweeping, conspiriacies to keep black QB's out of the NFL, or discourage them from becoming black QB's?

It's discouraging to me that a person would root for a team to win, because their QB is of a certain color.

yes doug, who was a redskin

i think that your reason for going for the eagles is dumb.

lets flip the race positions...

(1) why cant i name a starting white RB?

(2) why cant i name more than 3 white corners?

(3) why cant i name more than 2 white safeties?

Im hispanic... to be politically correct, im a mexican-american

are there any mexican or even hispanic quarterback in the league?

if there were, i wouldnt cheer for them just cause of their race.

just my 2 cents

Originally posted by SouthernCali Skins

yes doug, who was a redskin

i think that your reason for going for the eagles is dumb.

lets flip the race positions...

(1) why cant i name a starting white RB?

(2) why cant i name more than 3 white corners?

(3) why cant i name more than 2 white safeties?

Exactly meaning most the players in the league is African American but yet very few is good enough to play Quarterback. Though I must admit black QBs are getting a much better equal chance to play QB in this league but in the 90's 80's 70's and beyond you will have to be slow not to think there wasn't any kind of racisim going on.

Well then....I guess the NBA is equivalent to the freaking KKK isn't it?

Where are the white boys?

I don't suppose it has ANYTHING to do with who can play or not, does it?

Give me a break. The NFL is color-blind. The guys who can play, get to play. Look at the number of black millionaires who play in the NFL.

I guess the reason I haven't gotten my chance in the NFL is because I'm white.

****s. They ought to know...despite my 5'9" and obvious power, no ones given me a chance.

Its a conspiracy man.

The reason white guys are no where to be found in major athletic professional sports leagues is because they aren't as athletic. Especially basketball, where in the NBA athleticism is put at a premium. The style of play is different than in college, where if you can shoot and atleast have one or two bangers inside who can atleast rebound the ball you can upset somebody.:laugh:

There is no reason to root for the eagles. Gimmie one, and I can give you million reason why not to root for them. Division rival, I hate 'em, they're good. That's three right there. You can root for however you want to though. You don't need our permission. :doh: to skins fans rooting for philly, imo.

Go Pats!

Originally posted by TheSteve

The reason white guys are no where to be found in major athletic professional sports leagues is because they aren't as athletic. Especially basketball, where in the NBA athleticism is put at a premium. The style of play is different than in college, where if you can shoot and atleast have one or two bangers inside who can atleast rebound the ball you can upset somebody.:laugh:

Careful there Jimmy:laugh:

Archived