Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PTI: Skins in the hunt for moss

[[ghost]]

I disagree a little Tarhog. If Gibbs and the coaching staff wanted Moss and felt that he would work in Washington I think Snyder would spend the coin necessary to get him. However, I don't think we have the cap space to accommodate Moss and what he would want in salary. I also don’t think Gibbs and Co. would waste any draft choices. I think the Vikes would demand a 1st round pick plus a player or another draft pick.

As a shot from left field, we could trade Lavar and maybe Pierce straight up for Moss, but I don’t see that happening.

Now, it would be smart of the skins to consider Moss and determine what exactly the Vikes want for him. Nothing wrong with listening to an offer.

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

i'd rather have mike williams

But you have Dunn already. :)

Two-teamer. :rolleyes: :laugh:

I doubt we go after Moss. I doubt we evenbat an eye in his direction.

Bubba, I don't think Dillon's was a 100% turnaround.

He was the man for 8 years and then wanted to win. He didn't buy into yet another system when he had for 8 years straight!

Originally posted by HeHateMe

Pure speculation aside, it will cost a boat load to land him.

That's the question of the day.

The only reason the Vikings give up Moss is so McCombs can have that salary off the books. It means they won't want the No. 9 pick in return either, I'd guess. That just means McCombs has a big bonus to pay.

The only way it would work is if they get a player who they only have to pay base salary to. While some might speculate the No. 9 pick and change for Moss might get it done, I'd guess they'd rather have someone like Arrington. A guy who helps that defense and who they only have to deal with the base salary.

The question, if so, is whether we'd get something extra from them or they'd get something extra from us.

Originally posted by BG

But you have Dunn already. :)

Two-teamer. :rolleyes: :laugh:

I doubt we go after Moss. I doubt we evenbat an eye in his direction.

Bubba, I don't think Dillon's was a 100% turnaround.

He was the man for 8 years and then wanted to win. He didn't buy into yet another system when he had for 8 years straight!

you got me all wrong! just sportin the siggy as a statement for a falcons win! im not a two teamer!

What I've heard on this topic is that the people that McCombs is talking to about buying the team are not willing to take on Moss' salary. I for one would love to have Moss on our team, I think with the all this speculation starting even before the off-season has began there will definately be talks of Randy to Washington. I think it will probably take our first rounder and Rod.

id like to see moss here , if we could still upgrade the o-line and find a DE somewhere , just be scarey to get moss and realize our cap situation next year or the year after =O but im a moss fan and i think under our coaches he would be fine

No more of hearing that Philly has the WR in the division...haha...that would belong to us. This may sounds horrible, but I would give up Coles for Moss anyday. It will be interesting to see where this leads. We are the Redskins...will probably get Moss and then finish last again...ugh...I hate this nasty streak we have.

I'm on the fence with this subject. Randy as of late has been in the spotlight. I think he's showing out, and being over the top because of it. He's being immature, but he knows that he can get away with it. Maybe if he goes somewhere where the organization wont stand for him doing dumb crap like what he's done lately, he might work harder and cut down on the antics. It's just like a kid, he'll do as much as he can to see if he can get away with it and if you let him, he wont stop. Sometimes you've got to put your foot down, no one with the Vikings has really done that. So, if he's on a team where the coach says, "I don't care if you're the Pope, I will not stand for you being an *******! And if I have to bench you to get my point across, so be it."

It's totally possible that he's just not happy with the organization, and he needs a change of scenery. I wouldn't mind having a receiver of Randy's caliber on my team. If Joe feels like he can get the best out of Moss then I think it's worth it, if we can afford it. I'd still have reservations, but I'd trust my man Joe.

Originally posted by Rypien 91

No more of hearing that Philly has the WR in the division...haha...that would belong to us. This may sounds horrible, but I would give up Coles for Moss anyday. It will be interesting to see where this leads. We are the Redskins...will probably get Moss and then finish last again...ugh...I hate this nasty streak we have.

We'd have to keep Coles..Coles, Moss, Cooley, Portis?? You talkin bout an explosive team right there, and an outdoor team at that.

Ofcourse, I doubt it'll happen.:)

Originally posted by Rypien 91

Your out of your mind. I'd never give up a guy who plays injured for a guy who "plays only when he wants to play". Coles is a great player. Moss might be better but id take coles over moss any day

Speaking of Moss' character and team chemistry personality etc, wasn't John Riggins an absolute nut? I'm sure Gibbs and the rest of the team rallied around him. Moss' antics may agitate his players and the ownership, but i'm sure they'd still have his back.

I have to give Moss his due because he did tough out a bad ankle injury the past two games for his team. Randy obviously was not 100 % against the Eagles and Rams but played through it. Moss on this team under Joe Gibbs would work and be a great addition to this team. Moss would like to play close to home and with him being from WVA, D.C. seems pretty close.

Moss would not improve this team at all- he might make it worse.

After the way the "no-name" defense bonded and produced, what would "next time I'll shake my d*ck" do to the locker room?

The only place Moss has a chance to be successful is in a place like Baltimore where there are bigger players and leaders to squash him...otherwise, he's a proven loser.

Originally posted by f_dallas

Moss would not improve this team at all- he might make it worse.

After the way the "no-name" defense bonded and produced, what would "next time I'll shake my d*ck" do to the locker room?

The only place Moss has a chance to be successful is in a place like Baltimore where there are bigger players and leaders to squash him...otherwise, he's a proven loser.

This strikes me as something of a post to prepare for the situation should we get Moss, because, it's awfully difficult to deny the ability the guy has on the field. In conjunction with the other weapons already on the roster it would be hard to come to a conclusion that a player of Randy's ability would make a team that couldn't pass much worse.

I understand the thought that he'd undermine some of what occurs in the locker room. I just think statements that he'd make things worse are hard to take seriously. If he doesn't fit in, he still adds a dimension few teams could match on the field. I'm not too concerned with a lack of leadership being a problem in D.C.

Not sure why you are.

Archived