Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foxsports.com: Deion Highly Critical of Moss, Alexander

pr11fan

"To sit up there and take a shot at Mike Holmgren when you fumbled the ball two weeks ago on the 1-yard line to cost your team the game. He's called your number I don't know how many times this season.

"Just a year or so ago this guy was going down with the first point of contact, and Holmgren was still giving him the ball."

Oucheeeee!!! That hurt.

"That just doesn't send a good message to your young guys who are really looking up to you on that team.

"You want to be compensated as a leader and a winner, and he is a winner, but the leader part, you really don't understand. No matter if it's good or it's bad, you must have consistency in your character. And (leaving the game early) is not the sign of a leader. You just can't do that."

Isnt this the same guy who refused to huddle with the defense when he played here?

:puke:

Deion WAS a great corner in his day, but he's no winner so he has no business calling out anybody. Especially Moss, since Deion couldn't cover him to save his life. Deion piggybacked his way to 2 Super Bowls. The 94 49ers and 95 Cowboys were excellent teams without him. He's been a mercernary for the last 10 years and he has the gall to call out somebody?

"Randy just doesn't get it," Sanders said. "You just can't be happy and enthusiastic when everything is going good."

This from the guy who said he didn't have his "dog" when he played in Washington? Isn't that the word he used when he signed with the Ravens?

Originally posted by scruffylookin

Deion WAS a great corner in his day, but he's no winner so he has no business calling out anybody. Especially Moss, since Deion couldn't cover him to save his life. Deion piggybacked his way to 2 Super Bowls. The 94 49ers and 95 Cowboys were excellent teams without him. He's been a mercernary for the last 10 years and he has the gall to call out somebody?

I seem to remember the niners getting killed by Michael Irvin the year before Deion arrived.

Originally posted by BIGGS_DADDY

I seem to remember the niners getting killed by Michael Irvin the year before Deion arrived.

That may be, Deion I think may have had his best season of his career in 94 with the 49ers but IMHO the 94 Niners took the next step to becoming a "super" team when Ricky Watters emerged has a dual threat in the backfield and Bryant Young elevated the run D. The Niners had become kind of soft for a while and after Roger Craig left they had been without anyone of consequence at RB.

I think they would have won that year with or without Deion but he did have a great year for them there's no denying that.

But given his track record of leaving teams when the going gets tough...he has no business talking about Randy Moss.:2cents:

Originally posted by scruffylookin

Piggyback? No sir. You say that like he did nothing to help earn those Lombardi Trophies. You couldn't be more wrong. Both were great teams, and whichever team had Deion at the time, was able to beat the other. He made a huge difference with both squads. If you can't see that, you're blind to the facts, of what a true 'shutdown' corner is worth. Or, you're just bias because you don't like the guy.

Steve Young once said, Deion had the flash and persona, but in the locker room he was just like any other regular guy.

He's always been a good locker room guy, and he's always carried the attitude of a winner. He made all of his defensive teamates that more confident because of his talent, skills and swagger.

Deion's no dummy, he left the 49ers for more money from Dalls. Not because it got tough. He left the Redskins because he saw the direction of the organization was going badly.

Originally posted by Charlie Murphaaay

Deion's no dummy, he left the 49ers for more money from Dalls. Not because it got tough. He left the Redskins because he saw the direction of the organization was going badly.

He got paid the big bucks, yet he still refused to play out his contract. Just because the organization is doing badly gives him right to bail on his agreement? How about players just quit playing after they receive their signing bonus check from a struggling team? Sounds like a great team presence to me. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by ramseyskins

He got paid the big bucks, yet he still refused to play out his contract. Just because the organization is doing badly gives him right to bail on his agreement? How about players just quit playing after they receive their signing bonus check from a struggling team? Sounds like a great team presence to me. :rolleyes:

exactly! He was afraid he would have to work in training camp with Schottenheimer coaching and he then has the nads to say "Tell Dan I love Him"....of course he loved him, he raped the Skins of millions and walked away.

Deion...:stfu:

Deion the "team player" who runs around like a ballerina for any team who calls loud enough. He's like an old washed up rock star who will "jam" with anyone on stage to get the rush again. If I were a Ravens fan, to hear him talk for the "team" over someone like Ed Reed, I'd feel well... like a Redskins fan. Watching Green play second string to this clown when he was ready to retire was painful. Not that I wish anything bad would happen to the guy, but I wish he'd just GO AWAY.

Originally posted by Charlie Murphaaay

Piggyback? No sir. You say that like he did nothing to help earn those Lombardi Trophies. You couldn't be more wrong. Both were great teams, and whichever team had Deion at the time, was able to beat the other. He made a huge difference with both squads. If you can't see that, you're blind to the facts, of what a true 'shutdown' corner is worth. Or, you're just bias because you don't like the guy.

Steve Young once said, Deion had the flash and persona, but in the locker room he was just like any other regular guy.

He's always been a good locker room guy, and he's always carried the attitude of a winner. He made all of his defensive teamates that more confident because of his talent, skills and swagger.

I don't believe Deion put the 94 49ers or 95 Cowboys over the top and I don't care what his reasons were, he bailed on Dallas in 2000, on us in 2001 and tried to "piggyback" to the Super Bowl with the Raiders a few years ago and thank god Marty stopped him cold.

Deion is a Hall of Fame corner, I'm not putting down his skills, he just shouldn't be talking about Moss and "quitting" on the team when that's all Deion's done for the last decade.

I feel the same way about Deion as most of you. That being said there is something that is bothering me. What exactly does his flaws have to do with him hitting the nail on the head? Accident or not, hypocrite or not the fact remains that on this one he was absolutely correct. The cited instances involving Moss and Alexander are the exact type of bad example that he points them out to be. If the man is right then the man is right and all the poorest behaviour in the world in the past does not in the least change whether or not his assessment is correct now. Why in the world would think it matters anywayz??

Archived