Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My early Mock Picks 1-17

pr11fan

Feel free to criticize but just don't just say it sucks, give me specifics.

1. SF: Aaron Rodgers(CAL)It appears Leinart won¡¯t come out, Rodgers is the next best option and shouldn¡¯t take long for him to overtake Rattay and Dorsey.

2. Cle: Jammal Brown(OU) They couldn¡¯t get Gallery last year, they get their man this time, Garcia should be okay at qb, but it isn¡¯t out of the question

3. Mia: Cedric Benson(TEXAS) Alot of needs here, but none greater than rb, therefore the Phins decide to go with the best the draft has to offer.

4. Chi: Mike Williams(USC) The Bears lack any kind of big play receiver right now for Grossman, and Williams immediately becomes that for them.

5. TB: Cadillac Williams(Auburn) Michael Pittman isn¡¯t a feature back for TB, Cadillac gives them an every down back to go with Clayton and Galloway

6. Tenn: Derrick Johnson(Texas) Imo, the best defensive playmaker in college football this year, combined with Bullock would give them a fearsome lb core to go along with some young talent on the d-line.

7. Oak: Ronnie Brown(Auburn) The raiders right now, don¡¯t have a true feature back in an offense that loves to run the football, while not quite as talented as Auburn teammate Williams, Brown is still an amazing back.

8. Zona: Antrel Rolle(Miami) It was rumored that it was between Taylor & Fitzgerald last year for Denny Green, he gets the best of both worlds as this year he drafts a playmaking defensive back capable of being one of the leagues best.

9. Wsh: Braylon Edwards(Michigan) I don¡¯t like the pick but I could see it happening, Gardner has written his ticket out of town this year, I don¡¯t necessarily like it as a skins fan but I expect it (If Smoot leaves this pick becomes Marlin Jackson)

10. Det: Alex Baaron(FSU) The Lions have skill players galore, and this pick gives Harrington some protection and also he now runs out of excuses, it¡¯s produce now or never.

11. Dal: Marlin Jackson(UM) The Cowboys are completely lacking a 2nd corner opposite Newman and Jackson is a good one

12. SD: Rodrique Wright(TEXAS) Not many holes on this team so they go with the best player available in Wright who should be a dominant defensive tackle at the next level.

13. Hou: Thomas Davis(UGA) He¡¯s not Sean Taylor but he¡¯s a darn good safety and along with Dunta Robinson helps solidify the Texans secondary.

14. Car: Heath Miller(UVA) Provides a safety valve to Delhomme, and helps make an already good Carolina offense even better when Davis and Foster get healthy.

15. KC: Ahmad Brooks(UVA) KC desperately needs defense and Brooks has the potential to be one of the best LB¡¯s in all of football.

16. NO: Pac-Man Jones(WVU) Even though the Saints won 4 in a row, they still have a really bad defense and could use some help in the secondary. Pac-Man is a good prospect for them here.

17. Cin: David Pollack(UGA) Marvin Lewis loves defense, and he gets a talented guy with a great motor here.

18. Dan Cody(OU) Wiley has been a mamoth bust for the boys and this gives them a legitimate defensive end to groom.

NOTE: I did not include Leinart or Kiwanuka as I don¡¯t believe either will declare for this draft.

Remember what happened the last time Coach Gibbs picked a wide receiver out of Michigan? :paranoid:

We need defensive line help (particularly at end) considering how we might be facing a situation where Walt Harris will be starting. Consistent pressure on QBs from your front four is often a good way of compensating for mismatches your corners face each Sunday.

Originally posted by Rejuvenated Canadian Hog

Remember what happened the last time Coach Gibbs picked a wide receiver out of Michigan? :paranoid:

We need defensive line help (particularly at end) considering how we might be facing a situation where Walt Harris will be starting. Consistent pressure on QBs from your front four is often a good way of compensating for mismatches your corners face each Sunday.

Yeah, which is why i said I didn't like the pick, but I can see it happening, I think MW would be the pick but he won't be there.

Are you guys retarded? Why would we waste a draft pick on the number 2 defense in the league. The only thing the skins need to do on defefense is let the money hungry Smoot walk and then relax. They need to pick up lineman through free agency and then use the draft for a pimp deep threat. with a deep threat the running game will be ten times better. One move that would be awesome but wont happen would be to package brunell and portis for a nice reciever like Roy williams. Ladell betts can carry the load for us next year.

Originally posted by luapgibva

Are you guys retarded? Why would we waste a draft pick on the number 2 defense in the league. The only thing the skins need to do on defefense is let the money hungry Smoot walk and then relax. They need to pick up lineman through free agency and then use the draft for a pimp deep threat. with a deep threat the running game will be ten times better. One move that would be awesome but wont happen would be to package brunell and portis for a nice reciever like Roy williams. Ladell betts can carry the load for us next year.

Judging from your post, it seems like YOU'RE the one whose retarded.

Originally posted by luapgibva

Wow, I gotta save this one. Classic! :laugh:

Trade down, but not much, and pick up a second rounder or another first with a trade for someone (Fill in a player here). Take the first pick and grab Elton Brown. If we have another first, grab a speedster WR. If not, spend the second on best available WR or DE. I'm not totally sold on NEEDing a DE right now since Greg Williams wants to use Arrington in that role at times. But I don't think we keep that 9th pick.

Originally posted by flyingtiger1013

Trade down, but not much, and pick up a second rounder or another first with a trade for someone (Fill in a player here). Take the first pick and grab Elton Brown. If we have another first, grab a speedster WR. If not, spend the second on best available WR or DE. I'm not totally sold on NEEDing a DE right now since Greg Williams wants to use Arrington in that role at times. But I don't think we keep that 9th pick.

I agree with you 100%. For us, Elton Brown would be a great selection and we could use another early round pick.

Originally posted by pr11fan

Feel free to criticize but just don't just say it sucks, give me specifics.

1. SF: Aaron Rodgers(CAL)It appears Leinart won¡¯t come out, Rodgers is the next best option and shouldn¡¯t take long for him to overtake Rattay and Dorsey.

2. Cle: Jammal Brown(OU) They couldn¡¯t get Gallery last year, they get their man this time, Garcia should be okay at qb, but it isn¡¯t out of the question

3. Mia: Cedric Benson(TEXAS) Alot of needs here, but none greater than rb, therefore the Phins decide to go with the best the draft has to offer.

4. Chi: Mike Williams(USC) The Bears lack any kind of big play receiver right now for Grossman, and Williams immediately becomes that for them.

5. TB: Cadillac Williams(Auburn) Michael Pittman isn¡¯t a feature back for TB, Cadillac gives them an every down back to go with Clayton and Galloway

6. Tenn: Derrick Johnson(Texas) Imo, the best defensive playmaker in college football this year, combined with Bullock would give them a fearsome lb core to go along with some young talent on the d-line.

7. Oak: Ronnie Brown(Auburn) The raiders right now, don¡¯t have a true feature back in an offense that loves to run the football, while not quite as talented as Auburn teammate Williams, Brown is still an amazing back.

8. Zona: Antrel Rolle(Miami) It was rumored that it was between Taylor & Fitzgerald last year for Denny Green, he gets the best of both worlds as this year he drafts a playmaking defensive back capable of being one of the leagues best.

9. Wsh: Braylon Edwards(Michigan) I don¡¯t like the pick but I could see it happening, Gardner has written his ticket out of town this year, I don¡¯t necessarily like it as a skins fan but I expect it (If Smoot leaves this pick becomes Marlin Jackson)

10. Det: Alex Baaron(FSU) The Lions have skill players galore, and this pick gives Harrington some protection and also he now runs out of excuses, it¡¯s produce now or never.

11. Dal: Marlin Jackson(UM) The Cowboys are completely lacking a 2nd corner opposite Newman and Jackson is a good one

12. SD: Rodrique Wright(TEXAS) Not many holes on this team so they go with the best player available in Wright who should be a dominant defensive tackle at the next level.

13. Hou: Thomas Davis(UGA) He¡¯s not Sean Taylor but he¡¯s a darn good safety and along with Dunta Robinson helps solidify the Texans secondary.

14. Car: Heath Miller(UVA) Provides a safety valve to Delhomme, and helps make an already good Carolina offense even better when Davis and Foster get healthy.

15. KC: Ahmad Brooks(UVA) KC desperately needs defense and Brooks has the potential to be one of the best LB¡¯s in all of football.

16. NO: Pac-Man Jones(WVU) Even though the Saints won 4 in a row, they still have a really bad defense and could use some help in the secondary. Pac-Man is a good prospect for them here.

17. Cin: David Pollack(UGA) Marvin Lewis loves defense, and he gets a talented guy with a great motor here.

18. Dan Cody(OU) Wiley has been a mamoth bust for the boys and this gives them a legitimate defensive end to groom.

NOTE: I did not include Leinart or Kiwanuka as I don¡¯t believe either will declare for this draft.

I don't think the cowboys would take Marlin Jackson. BP said that he wouldn't draft a corner in the first with the new rules, saying there was no such thing as a shutdown corner.I think we would go DE with pollack or get ahmad brooks if it ended up like that...

Originally posted by RW31

I don't think the cowboys would take Marlin Jackson. BP said that he wouldn't draft a corner in the first with the new rules, saying there was no such thing as a shutdown corner.I think we would go DE with pollack or get ahmad brooks if it ended up like that...

I could see de for the boys as Wiley as garbage but not lb, Dat & Dexter are pretty good and I couldn't see spending a 1st on another lb.

nice start to your mock. you def. looked at the teams and their needs. only thing i would disagree with is how high you have Jammal Brown OT Oklahoma. not that he's bad or anything, but i don't see him going top-10. of course that will all change once D'Brickshaw Ferguson officially decides what he's gonna do.

as for the Skins-- I would LOVE to get Braylon Edwards. of course that always depends on who we lose and gain via Free Agency, but he is a sick talent and could step right in and contribute.

Archived