Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My early Mock Picks 1-17

pr11fan

Originally posted by pr11fan

I could see de for the boys as Wiley as garbage but not lb, Dat & Dexter are pretty good and I couldn't see spending a 1st on another lb.

It's widely expected that Dexter will be released. His performance has dropped significantly the past two seasons and is undersized from what Parcells prefers at the position.

Also, Aaron Rodgers has declared for the NFL Draft per ESPNews.

I thought I read an article where Ferguson said he was staying in the RTD. I definetly see the Browns going OT, I'm not sure after workouts where Brown & Barron will rank, but I'd imagine the Browns go with the one they have ranked higher even if it is a bit of a reach.

It's widely expected that Dexter will be released. His performance has dropped significantly the past two seasons and is undersized from what Parcells prefers at the position.

Definetly hadn't heard that, I'm sure I'll be doing another one after the sb and workouts when we get more of an idea of where certain talent is rated, but if they do release Dexter I could definetly see Ahmad Brooks or maybe even a trade up to attempt to go after Derrick Johnson.

Definetly hadn't heard that, I'm sure I'll be doing another one after the sb and workouts when we get more of an idea of where certain talent is rated, but if they do release Dexter I could definetly see Ahmad Brooks or maybe even a trade up to attempt to go after Derrick Johnson.

Another possibility for the Cowboys is to go completely to the 3-4 defense. I doubt the drastic change will be made, but it is an option at this point, in which case the Cowboys front seven would need a fairly massive overhaul. We'd probably be looking at, minimally, three or four new starting players (of course, we may be looking at three new starters in the front seven in the 4-3).

But about Dexter, yeah, many do expect him gone. He's been slowly fazed out of the scheme, starting in camp when Parcells suddenly placed him on the second team to give Bradie James an opportunity with the first team. The only thing is it could be Bradie James who replaces him in the lineup, which many fans are hoping the Cowboys don't do. James has a terrible tendency to be out of position and an inability to ever create a play when he's in the lineup.

I thought I read an article where Ferguson said he was staying

i saw that he said that a couple of weeks ago, but i'll give him time to change his mind once he thinks about the $10 million signing bonus he'd get. that is assuming he doesn't stay in college and get injured next year. i can't see passing up that opportunity. once you are a top-10 pick you can't improve your stock that much.

Originally posted by AJWatson3

i saw that he said that a couple of weeks ago, but i'll give him time to change his mind once he thinks about the $10 million signing bonus he'd get. that is assuming he doesn't stay in college and get injured next year. i can't see passing up that opportunity. once you are a top-10 pick you can't improve your stock that much.

Maybe he just loves to learn...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by red zone

I still bet we trade down and draft interior O-line and D-end.

Elton Brown and Matt Roth....

I like the matt roth pick if pollack is not available. I dont understand why everyone wants elton brown. He is a right guard and we already have money invested in thomas. I would prefer david bass. Here is a scenario: Trade down about 5 spots or so and select the best de available (pollack or roth) get a second round pick. Trade gardner and our second to get a pick in the bottom of the first round or top of the second round. Bass would be a great fit at center for us. :)

Originally posted by AJWatson3

maybe he'll learn how much money and security he'd be losing out on if he had a below-par senior season or suffered and injury...:rolleyes:

Keeping the maybe theory rolling.....

Maybe he already won the Clearinghouse Sweepstakes, is already a millionaire, doesn't care about the NFL money and security and we just don't know it......:cheers:

Originally posted by RW31

I don't think the cowboys would take Marlin Jackson. BP said that he wouldn't draft a corner in the first with the new rules, saying there was no such thing as a shutdown corner.I think we would go DE with pollack or get ahmad brooks if it ended up like that...

If Rolle is there at 11, rest assured Dallas will be taking him.

Archived