Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

First Players to be Released??

garg8050

I think people are overreacting to Barrow.

Barrow has a history with Williams. He's played in his system.. and had success in it. He's a smart player who has been durable virtually his entire career.

A $2.5 M signing bonus is peanuts. He has a low base salary. And we're going to need depth at positions. Barrow is a good horse to have in the stable.

Arrington missed virtually the entire season too.... except he gets paid $7 M a year. Are we gonna his his @ss too? :laugh:

Originally posted by Die Hard

I think people are overreacting to Barrow.

Barrow has a history with Williams. He's played in his system.. and had success in it. :

I like Barrow too..when did he play with Williams?

I can't figure when their paths crossed...unless it was Houston

Barrow isn't going anywhere, don't be suprised if we move to a mix 4-3/3-4 system with Barrow (if he can play--BIG IF as of now), Marshall, Pierce and Washington with Lavar as a DE/LB. Plus with Williams rotating players they all will get reps.

As for departures- Morton (if cut) won't be out of here until June.

Smoot may be gone March/April if he isn't resigned. With Wilds and Brown apparently stepping up today, Smoot may have lost a bargaining chip.

Guest Fresh1

Raymer, between bad snaps and tripping Brunell he's gone. Gibbs don't play that, and Barrow is gone cuz my man must have set some kind of personal foul record, redefining "special teams"

Morton is gone because Brown shows greater promise in the return game and is much cheaper.

Gardner will be traded for a draft pick of some sort as Cooley/Thrash/Jacobs/McCants can handle the pass-catching load.

Rock is gone because he's a man without a position. Not enough wiggle or vision to be a RB and not enough bulk or strength to be a H-Back.

Raymer is a solid back-up, but shouldn't be starting an entire year.

Morton probably will be let go early, so long as we can sign Antonio Brown for another year at least.

McCants, Id hate to see him go, but he'd be a June 1st casualty if anything.

Raymer, once FA and the draft are done.

Dockery, again once FA and the draft are done, though I feel we may keep him still.

Lennie Friedman, getting old, and seems like Bugel likes the Wilson/Molinaro combo.

Archived