Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(merged) Owens out for year

Dirk Diggler

Too bad about Owens' injury. When I saw the way his ankle got bent I just knew something had to be broken. Even so, the Fecals are head and shoulders above anybody else in the NFC. If they can't get to the SB this year they really are the biggest choke artists ever....or they're cursed.

If Philly blows it again they will forever be known as the biggest choke artists of all time. There is some nice pressure going into the playoffs.

Either you are a youngster, or have a short term memory.

I do believe the Bills should get that title as they blew FOUR straight super bowls. And were favored in most of them to win, even against the skins.

And then Minn. is probably second on the all time choke list; They've lost 4 or 5 superbowls.

But of course, both of these squads were at least able to make it there.

Originally posted by Montilar

I do believe the Bills should get that title as they blew FOUR straight super bowls. And were favored in most of them to win, even against the skins.

And then Minn. is probably second on the all time choke list; They've lost 4 or 5 superbowls.

Oh, I remember that alright. But I do remember them MAKING it to 4 SBs.....not getting clipped in the championship game 4 TIMES.

yeah the bills will forever be the biggest chokers....4sb's and couldnt get one.

bad blow for the eagles...TO was a huge part of that teams success this season. at a bad time too when you're making that push/run in the playoffs/big dance. Other players will have to step up, McNabb, Westbrook, the D, etc.

The one positive thing to come out of this is that the Eagles may be looking at this coming game against St. Louis as a statement game.

Their defense is starting to come on at just the right time and who knows, maybe some nobody will step up on offense to save the day.

Can it be true? Is Todd Pinkston the number 1 WR in Philly now? Unbelievable. Now I am praying more than ever that the Skins snag that last playoff spot and make it into Philly for the divisional round. How many times do you think they will show the 'alligator body' clip in that one. Or, will they even have to. :D

I had the same type of fracture last year (12/27 to be exact). No surgery required for me but man, i still feel it. I do feel bad for him, hurts like the dickens and you lose a tons in mobility and flexibility have it immobilized for 4-6 weeks.

Caveat, I understand TO is in a might bit better shape than I (and I might bit younger) but my point is that there was much more than a bone healing to this one.

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

surprised this is getting so many posts on here since it has no effect on us. however it sucks for eagle fans...at least he'll be ok next year. :cheers:

I think that is a testament to the classy Eagles fans who have become regulars here. More than any other team in our division, the Eagles-fan regulars (the non-trolls only) have been strong supporters of this site and have contributed alot to the quality football conversation here.

Its for these guys that I really feel bad. Its just too bad that there are sooo many Igglfan trolls that give these guys a bad name.

The good news for you guys is that the Eagles made it to the NFC Championship game 3 times without TO and are practically a lock to get there again AT HOME. The even better news for you is that there is NO ONE really 'hot' right now in the NFC like Carolina and Tampa were the past couple years.

Of course, I fully expect the Skins to break your heart in the Divisional game playoff, so you probably wont have to worry about a 4th NFCC Loss :)

Originally posted by Montilar

the bills were (slight favorites) in the first two, and heavy dogs in the last two...but it needs to be said that their run was still in the NFC-heavy dominant era of the mid 80s-mid 90s where the AFC precision and finesse offenses always lost out to tough NFC defenses and ball control...the bills (or ANY AFC team) probably would have lost to any NFC team in the SB during those years

Originally posted by Westbrook36

I'm glad everyone is going to overlook us now.

Let's face it, if you don't get to the playoffs, the Eagles will still have BY FAR, the best defense in the NFC in the playoffs. Playing at home, rested. With still having McNabb and Westy.

BY FAR....I don't know Atlanta is no push over. You will have the better.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

I'm glad everyone is going to overlook us now.

Let's face it, if you don't get to the playoffs, the Eagles will still have BY FAR, the best defense in the NFC in the playoffs. Playing at home, rested. With still having McNabb and Westy.

You won't be overlooked with a 13-1 record, I assure you. The Eagles will get everyone's best I'm sure.

Archived