Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

T.O. has been shut down by us....

rayprils

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Number5

So you think the gameplan, that terrible series of calls(from the McNabb spot to the Pinkston spot) and the disarray of our offense had nothing to do with it.

let's be honest--if the Skins had even Tampa's offense when we played in Philly, they'd have won. Your team is pretty easy for a great defense to beat. You just need COMPETENT offense to finish them.

To be honest......and for the first time up here....I will let my true feelings out and not worry about any flack from you guys.

Your team is a bunch of overpaid, overhyped underachievers who should be ashamed of boasting about beating the Giants in D.C. The Redskins have accomplished nothing but tarnish Joe Gibbs legacy in that city and act as though they are hollier than GOD. Constant complaints about refs and bad calls only cover up the fact that your team is undisciplined and lacks the goyas to play in the NFL. With the exception of a few players, no one from your team has even showed up. I can list on one hand all the players who week in and week out play with the necessary courage that it takes to play football while others collect paychecks while sitting at home wishing they played for someone else.

While your fans constantly state that Eagles fans are classless losers who drink themselves into a frenzy.....if our team stinks, we don't make riduclous excuses to cover up the fact that we stink. We state the obivious and try not to live in the past but we embrace the present and the future. We don't go down to levels of fat jokes or stupid "insults" regarding McChoke, McNugget, McChunky, whatever....we talk on the field, yet the fans on this site critize us for our accomplishments this year! Are you so damn jealous of us that you must rely on childish tactics to make your egos swell?

Folks talk about Owens as though he is a bad teammate or character , well the fact is that he doesn't drink or drive drunk for that matter, he doesn't beat up on women, and stay out of trouble. What he does do is force teams to double team him, back off at the line of scrimage because of his size and leaping ability and he has along with Jones, Kearse, Trotter, Douglas and others made this the best team in the NFC.....but you guys are too busy dreaming about Super Bowls past and from smelling your own "crap" that you guys fail to realize this....

Idiots claim that...Taylor is the BEST SAFETY in THE LEAGUE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......stupid homers! This kid has potential, true....but the KEYWORD is KID! He isn't yet a MAN in the league.....not like Reed, Williams, Harrison, Dawkins, hell, I'll even say Milloy! This guys has made a name as a good college player, but he has yet to have teams game plan to stay away from him like Williams.....to run patterns in an area where he isn't like Dawkins or Reed....h3ll he hasn't even had anyone consider him anything more than a rookie who plays for Joe Gibbs.

What makes me the most angry is the fact that so many Skins fans don't give credit where credit is due. Facts such as the Packers outscored the Eagles in the second half are turned into the Eagles tried to run up the score. Or T.O. is a waste of talent has come out of the ashes of him leading the league in receiving touchdowns.

Might I add that once this post is read.....most of you folks are gonna look at 3 things I said and harp on them instead of reading the whole thing......

I love pro-football........and I love my Eagles, but at least I respect other teams and have respect for other fans. I gives two rats arses if any of you argee with what I have to say, probably cause I'm an Eagles fan on a Redskins board....but someone had to tell you guys the truth, not about your team but about its fans as well.

And to respond to Ghost......

If our team is easy for a good defense to beat......

Then why hasn't anyone done it with the exception of Pitts?

You guys are ranked #1 as far as stats go....and? Does that make your defense better than the Eagles who just happen to be tied for fewest points allowed in the league? Yards per game mean crap......its points and wins!

And if any good defense could beat us....then why have we outscored all of our opponents by a total of 150 points and the closet team is 30? It's not a good offense or a good defense....its called a GOOD TEAM!

Nuff Said!

Ah, knew the fecals fan couldn't keep it contained.... :laugh:

Furthermore, we all know that the last game with Philly, they got 14 points on us by the refs and it's not going to happen this weekend.

Wanna bet on that? The refs played major negative factors in how many games for the skins this year?

You don't think they'll do it again? Especially for the media darlings the fecals?

If the refs are nuetral the skins have a chance for an upset.

but there's as much chance of that as there is of the eagles doing a three peat..... oops, they did a three peat; three nfc championship games, three embarassments.

:laugh:

Originally posted by Number5

To be honest......and for the first time up here....I will let my true feelings out and not worry about any flack from you guys.

Your team is a bunch of overpaid, overhyped underachievers who should be ashamed of boasting about beating the Giants in D.C. The Redskins have accomplished nothing but tarnish Joe Gibbs legacy in that city and act as though they are hollier than GOD. Constant complaints about refs and bad calls only cover up the fact that your team is undisciplined and lacks the goyas to play in the NFL. With the exception of a few players, no one from your team has even showed up. I can list on one hand all the players who week in and week out play with the necessary courage that it takes to play football while others collect paychecks while sitting at home wishing they played for someone else.

While your fans constantly state that Eagles fans are classless losers who drink themselves into a frenzy.....if our team stinks, we don't make riduclous excuses to cover up the fact that we stink. We state the obivious and try not to live in the past but we embrace the present and the future. We don't go down to levels of fat jokes or stupid "insults" regarding McChoke, McNugget, McChunky, whatever....we talk on the field, yet the fans on this site critize us for our accomplishments this year! Are you so damn jealous of us that you must rely on childish tactics to make your egos swell?

Folks talk about Owens as though he is a bad teammate or character , well the fact is that he doesn't drink or drive drunk for that matter, he doesn't beat up on women, and stay out of trouble. What he does do is force teams to double team him, back off at the line of scrimage because of his size and leaping ability and he has along with Jones, Kearse, Trotter, Douglas and others made this the best team in the NFC.....but you guys are too busy dreaming about Super Bowls past and from smelling your own "crap" that you guys fail to realize this....

Idiots claim that...Taylor is the BEST SAFETY in THE LEAGUE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.......stupid homers! This kid has potential, true....but the KEYWORD is KID! He isn't yet a MAN in the league.....not like Reed, Williams, Harrison, Dawkins, hell, I'll even say Milloy! This guys has made a name as a good college player, but he has yet to have teams game plan to stay away from him like Williams.....to run patterns in an area where he isn't like Dawkins or Reed....h3ll he hasn't even had anyone consider him anything more than a rookie who plays for Joe Gibbs.

What makes me the most angry is the fact that so many Skins fans don't give credit where credit is due. Facts such as the Packers outscored the Eagles in the second half are turned into the Eagles tried to run up the score. Or T.O. is a waste of talent has come out of the ashes of him leading the league in receiving touchdowns.

Might I add that once this post is read.....most of you folks are gonna look at 3 things I said and harp on them instead of reading the whole thing......

I love pro-football........and I love my Eagles, but at least I respect other teams and have respect for other fans. I gives two rats arses if any of you argee with what I have to say, probably cause I'm an Eagles fan on a Redskins board....but someone had to tell you guys the truth, not about your team but about its fans as well.

And to respond to Ghost......

If our team is easy for a good defense to beat......

Then why hasn't anyone done it with the exception of Pitts?

You guys are ranked #1 as far as stats go....and? Does that make your defense better than the Eagles who just happen to be tied for fewest points allowed in the league? Yards per game mean crap......its points and wins!

And if any good defense could beat us....then why have we outscored all of our opponents by a total of 150 points and the closet team is 30? It's not a good offense or a good defense....its called a GOOD TEAM!

Nuff Said!

This kind calls for pepper spray.

:laugh: :eaglesuck

Originally posted by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

Genius 2 catches for 24 yards. And one push-off TD. Whoop dee whoop.

And sorry, the best D in the NFC is the Skins D by far and if they had a competent offense for the first several weeks, this would be universally acclaimed.

Frankly, the Skins D is better than New England's too, but when your O creates NO BREATHING room, one play can break your back.

You may be right about the 24 yards. I may have been thinking of the giants games. But don't be making excuses for the td.

First off, the skins are not bar none the best defense in the nfc. They may be the best, but its not open and shut. And as I responding, I said the redskins were not a great defense. I do not believe the redskins have the ability to be shut-down, which is what someone seemed to imply. I'll be honest, I'm not an expert on the redskins defense. But could you please tell me which quality offense the redskins have stopped? The Pack and Philly both put up 28 right? The steelers are the only one of the 3 that stick out, that were held to under 20 points. And in my opinion, the steelers have been fading since they played Philly weeks ago. They haven't put up 20 in 3 weeks. Again, the person I was commenting on when you quoted me said the redskins have a GREAT defense. That statement is essentially what your defending.

You want a cookie for holding Owens to 24 yards? He still scored and guess what? They won the game, and since thats why you play football i'd have to say the Eagles got the better of the deal! Only Redskins fans are happy with stopping TO but getting blownout by over 3 TOUCHDOWNS!

Plus the Redskins have to commit 2 or 3 people everytime to guard TO (Reid: "They doubled him every chance they got, so others guys had to step up and they did"), you saw how they left Westbrook open right?

Gibbs: "Philadelphia is the best team and you just saw why"

Considering that TO is quite possibly the most fierce competitor at his position, I'm only to assume he wants to improve upon his past performance against the Skins. Trotter starting at mlb? Hmm, I bet he's got something to prove as well. IF the Skins can stop TO, they've then left Westbrook, LJ, Pinkston and Mitchell open. This is a tough task for the Skins D. We shall see.

Yeah, a 3-8 team who has been horrible on offense all year sticks together and still shows up to play in week 12 and comes together as a team when it would have been so much easier to just sit back and collect a paycheck. I dare you to list on one hand the players that showed up to play. You'd be dead wrong if you named 5 or less. Name one player that has complained or done anything to suggest they'd rather play elsewhere. I can dig up quotes that show that they like playing here for this team.

Name calling like that is the norm. Don't act like no one calls us the ********s, or Deadskins. Don't act like nobody made cracks about Sean Taylor's off the field stuff. Get off that high horse, buddy.

There are a lot of people that give TO his dues when he deserves it, however Owens has a past where he has opened his mouth and said some things that put him in a negative light. You can't deny that.

Here you show exactly what you were pointing your finger at with the classless fans remarks you made about us. Name calling and then "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA". Way to show us how a real fan with class behaves.

Taylor's stats are identical to Dawkins' What makes you think teams don't plan around him? You have some kind of way of showing this? I doubt it. And I'm sure no team ever runs a pass pattern near Dawkins. Right? That's what you assert. NO team ever runs a pattern over the middle where Roy Williams is. Get a grip on reality.

He's a rookie and he's performing really well. While a few people here do say he's the best safety, the good majority know it'll take a year or two before overshadows every other Safety in the league. :laugh:

The rest of your post is really of little consequence since you seem to think that by your team doing better than ours that it somehow qualifies you to give us some kind of reality check. Your post is mostly angry hyperbole with a lot of content and little substance.

Let me put it to you this way, for a fan of a team that has only lost once this year to be on a board of a team that has had as much trouble this year as we have and to chime in on every semi-relevant thread and try to tear us down while building the Eagles up is not only sad but funny. Funny in a sad way. Sad in a funny way.

If my team were doing as well as yours is, I'd be letting most of the comments from a team in my division that's 4-8 go by the wayside because I'm not in the least bit worried about them. I've got the division locked up in a conference that's really weak on the whole anyway. I'm too happy and would let them not only enjoy their win against a weak Giants team, but laugh to myself and say let them have their fun talking about how theyll beat my team, because I know they can't.

But hey, that's just me.

Here's to the All mighty omnipotent Eagles against the lowly, sputtering n'er do well Offseason Champs Redskins next Sunday night

:cheers:

Originally posted by Eagles_Legendz

I think the beginning of the game will be crucial for the Redskins. Scoring on an early drive would give them a big boost of momentum, especially considering Philadelphia hadn't given up a touchdown in 12 quarters until GB scrubs scored. If they don't, it will be dangerous territory for the Redskins, because the "we can't beat them" mentality may slip back into their minds. If Portis can control the game, the Redskins can very well win. If Philadelphia's run defense maintains its solid play as of late, setting up short fields for Philadelphia, things could get ugly for Washington. Washington needs touchdowns, not field goals. Should be interesting seeing how it all unfolds.

(Cringing) I agree with the Philly fan.

Right now, we've got some "mo". For the first time in a while.

I expect Philly to gamble some, early, especially when we've got the ball, to try to break our spirit. (And I don't know about the team's, but my spirit's still a bit fragile.)

If we're down 14-0 after 1, then it could well be over. (Although, this team's shown some real heart, too. We've got some real motivators on our team. Smoot comes to mind.)

If it's 7-6 at the half, again, then I think we've got 'em.

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

I do not believe the redskins have the ability to be shut-down, which is what someone seemed to imply. I'll be honest, I'm not an expert on the redskins defense. But could you please tell me which quality offense the redskins have stopped? The Pack and Philly both put up 28 right?

If I recall correctly (not sure, to be honest), but one of the TDs that Green Bay got was an interception returned for a score...and the last TD they got was with like 90 seconds left, and was only after the Skins game-winning TD got called back on a severly questionable motion penalty. The very next play Brunell throws an int, and the Packers have an extremely short field and a demoralized team to score on with around 1 minute left.

The Skins defense also did one helluva job on the Eagles offense for the first half of the game...and kept the Steelers' offense in check the entire game.

Overlook all that if you want...but in reality it means a lot, and answers your question.

Okay......so you have stopped T.O., but have you beaten the Eagles?

T.O. is a WR on a team, not the entire team. We have proven that we can beat you with or without him, so this whole thread is a pot of fools gold for you guys!

Keep fishing! :laugh:

yea if we sore early and score each time we get the ball then we might have a chance at winnning. our recievers need to get open and csch the ball

Okay......so you have stopped T.O., but have you beaten the Eagles?

T.O. is a WR on a team, not the entire team. We have proven that we can beat you with or without him, so this whole thread is a pot of fools gold for you guys!

Keep fishing! :laugh:

we need to worry bout T.O but not to the point where we have 4 guys covring him and thats what we do and that leaves recievers open for Donavan. we also need to worrry about him to. but like i said if we score every time we get the ball nd hold phily back then we have a chance at winning this.

Originally posted by TenaciousB15

First off, the skins are not bar none the best defense in the nfc. They may be the best, but its not open and shut.

If it's not open and shut, that means there are a few teams that are pretty close to surpassing the Skins as the best. Care to name these teams?

Skins actually did pretty well on the Eagles for a full three quarters.

It wasn't until 5 and some minutes in the 4th AFTER the blown series with the penalties and such(and missed FG) that the Eagles made it 21-6.

So it's not like the Skins didn't have a chance even in the 4th.

Archived